Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I've read the issue twice already, there is nobody cheering. Like one dude has his arm raised, but like you said the crowds are kind of a blur. What we can see of everyone else, they are serious and staying still and being respectful.

Unless you have a scan of something more clear cut, the evidence doesn't support your claim.

No, the article quoted by Tycon and AbnormallyNormal quoted pretty much sums of eloquently why this was a very interesting route to take. And it holds up better if the detractors have to make stuff up (like crowd cheering during Melody's fight because "blood thirsty") to tear it down.
Just keep moving those goalposts down the field, why don 't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
I mean, I personally think they could have done better than the Crucible in-universe. But as a reader? It’s great.

I don’t understand this notion people seem to have that it’s bad writing when characters make decisions we disagree with.
Its bad writing when you completely disregard character personalities and histories just to tell a bad story. So far, Hickman's been doing a lot of bad writing.