Page 96 of 109 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1622
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nit-picking HiX-Man's X-Men apart is nothing if not entertaining.
    Yeah , it's a bit weird isn't it . When I read a novel I don't subject it to the scrutiny that these comics get !

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    We'd never had anything to say "the gold balls are definitely THIS and not anything else like eggs". They were just there. Revealing that they're eggs doesn't contradict anything.

You're also not substantiating why these are bad retcons. You're just restating your opinion. We know you don't like them! But, is there anything you have to say about it beyond "I don't like it"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I woudlnt even call it a retcon. His balls are the same as they were before. He needs Proteus and Elixir in order to make them actual eggs and thats bc they use their powers to warp and make the biologically active
    The Goldballs "retcon" is a complaint that is seriously grasping at straws at this point.

I imagine the number of people who care enough about Goldballs to the point that this is a deterrent is very small, if not non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    — Magneto, the Mutant Champion, has killed a young girl whose only crime was to make real nightmares;
    — You mean from WaTXM ? That uh doesn't really count in the 616
    I don't think so. Magneto from Bunn. Funny thing if she resurrects, isn't it?

You mean in Ultimate X-Men? that doesn't really count either
    That's right. From Ultimate. So it doesn't count. Not that Logan hasn't been a pragmatic killer, though…

If you're still able to still get defined in the exact same easy as an adult as when you were 4 or 7 or 12. Your life is probably so highly specialized no one else could live it.
    Of course not, you redefine yourself along your whole life, a little less at the end…
    What are the role, the importance of powers (probably depends on the kind of powers) in your life?
    If you are that adaptable?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If I discovered I could fly at 12 or 13 I'd definitely be defined by that. Like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If I discovered I could fly at 12 or 13 I'd definitely be defined by that. Like a lot.
    You exist in a world where powers dont exist. When every other hero can do it, it becomes less of a thing that defines a person

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You exist in a world where powers dont exist. When every other hero can do it, it becomes less of a thing that defines a person
    But human population is still predominant and also you can fly! There's a lot of people who share your sexuality or your skin color, but you're still defined by that. I think it'd be kind of like that with the plus that you might get some awesome ability.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But human population is still predominant and also you can fly! There's a lot of people who share your sexuality or your skin color, but you're still defined by that. I think it'd be kind of like that with the plus that you might get some awesome ability.
    Definitely.

From the human perspective, I'm sure there are many other Black, Gay, Artistic, Caribbean Men of mixed parentage but...be that as it may, I am still quite singular and unique in my being. And I am defined, in part by that uniqueness.

And now consider that perspective amongst Mutants. Pixie, Angel Storm, Aero...they all fly...and that's just about the only thing they all have in common with each other. They each in their own unique way bring a level of "awesome" to the world in which they live and exist.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-05-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Yeah I think your talking about the Nightmare girl from the breakworld storyline. but she wasnt killed she was "cured"

Ha! for real! or more likely all the hijinks I would have gotten into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

And now consider that perspective amongst Mutants. Pixie, Angel Storm, Aero...they all fly...and that's just about the only thing they all have in common with each other. They each in their own unique way bring a level of "awesome" to the world in which they live and exist.
    Dude soooo right! one of the many scenes of X-Men TAS that stuck to my lil kid self was the episode Mystique and Apoccy were working together (well separately really as each had their own ulterior motive) to create Apoccy his horsemen under the guise of "curing" mutants. most of the episode follows rogue struggling with her inability to touch people, but at the end she bumps into Angel , himself not very happy with such an obvious mutation and he asks her how she flies with wings...she responds something similar to "I don't know I just do" He calls her lucky and flys away. that one lil scene made me a lil less quick to find fault within myself and obsess about the things I couldnt do but but focus on making the most of the things I could do.
    Perfect explanation!!
    GrindrStone(D)

There's a lot of people who share your sexuality or your skin color, but you're still defined by that. I think it'd be kind of like that with the plus that you might get some awesome ability.
    Do you need these awesome abilities to be unique?
    I'm a bit irritated by this modern vision of X-men: it's either 'poor persecuted mutants' or 'snobbish super-beings'.
    There were once interesting individuals, unique in their own right.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Goldballs and proteus retcons are meh.

But the whole problem is how convoluted x-men story becaome because of Moira retcons

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I swear if some of you had your way we'd still be stuck with Rosenberg.

Not liking HoX/PoX is like slapping the comic book gods in the face.
    Different isn’t always better. I agree, same old same old isn’t always better either. Guggenheim had the right amount of both imo. I mean he dedicated his run to Chris Claremont who is my fave writer so I don’t know why it’s shocking lol I dug his run if I dig Claremont’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Different isn’t always better. I agree, same old same old isn’t always better either. Guggenheim had the right amount of both imo. I mean he dedicated his run to Chris Claremont who is my fave writer so I don’t know why it’s shocking lol I dug his run if I dig Claremont’s.
    Yeah but why read about the imitation instead of the better quality that it’s based on?

I could dedicate a painting to Leonardo da Vinci but that wouldn’t make it the Mona Lisa.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Her power was not to create nightmares, her power was to make material mental representations, she was one of the girls(mutants/inhumans) magneto rescued from the Red Krull concentration camp on Genosha,the problem was that they formed s psyquic link that allowed a nazi from Magneto´s childhood kill mutants around the island at the time Magneto wanted to raise Genosha again as a home for mutants, the main solution was to break that link, with the death of either Magneto or the little girl, but even if Magneto killed himself her power probably could keep making that nazi real as now it was part of her own nightmares, in the end she asked Magneto to kill her because she didn´t want to become like him. Yes this is another circunstance when it would have been better to use a power dampener, in fact Magneto was one of the first people to develop one in the marvel universe but the point Bunn wanted to make with the story was that Magneto could not scape from his past and it would keep poisoning his present and future good actions done in good faith, and this message could not happen if there was a power dampener around.

Yes it would be interesting if she came back, I bet a good story could came from this, and it would help to heal that chapter from their lives. I guess Hickman could also do something similar with the depowered mutants, if the retcon is undone and they ever find out it was Magneto´s daughter the one who depowered them. Hickman is not shy when it comes to bring conflict into the story with drama between the characters imo.

Of course not, you redefine yourself along your whole life, a little less at the end…
    What are the role, the importance of powers (probably depends on the kind of powers) in your life?
    If you are that adaptable?
    I don´t support the idea that mutants should be defined by their powers just as I don´t think humans are defined by their capacity to walk, see or hear yet if we lost any of that capacity we would mourn that loss, the same can be said of mutants that were used to have extraordinary capabilities and now they have none, whatever how other people saw that, they would mourn the lost and that´s what the decimated mutants are doing mourn something they lost without even knowing how they lost it or why and that just makes it more hard to get over that loss.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-05-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

The countdown continues, people. After Ororo's actions, Krakoa now has another enemy in Wakanda. And having an enemy with Wakanda, it's a BIG mistake.

By the way, how is it Ororo was initially welcome in Wakanda? After siding with the X-Men during the AvsX's arc, and causing the destruction of Wakanda by Namor, I thought Wakanda had a BIG grudge against her and all Mutants.