Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1568
  1. #1531
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    I have gone back and carefully followed the whole timeline and this is the picture that comes out...Apocalypse and Syrin and co get out of Starlight citadel at dusk about 6pm they have Xavier and the five to try resurrect Santo and Rictor in a few hours, Apoc is reprimanded at night , the countdown had began when they got out of outworld but the memorial sword markings are only ready the next morning,so for smooth transition let us say Logan embarks to Tokyo immediately ,having fought Silver Samurai that next morning at say 7am while Polaris had finished making the markings.. (Keep in mind at 6 pm that very day on Krakoa they have only 48 hours left to the tournament, as a whole 24hr day has gone by since leaving Outworld) Wolverine at that 6pm point is like 11 hours into running round Tokyo, let us also take Storm leaving Krakoa like at 4pm because it is the only plausible time for her to leave and show up in Wakanda in the morning with Krakoa being in the Pacific and so 8-9 hours ahead of Wakanda in Africa (she has 50 hours to deadline at the point of leaving Krakoa) so the next morning indeed she is back, after being in Wakanda 16 hours ,when she left Wakanda it's like midnight there and she comes out through the gate in Krakoa and it's 8am in the morning in Krakoa timezone difference accounted for(has 34 hours left to end of deadline)

    While Wolverine at say 8am that morning as Storm arrives had been in Tokyo 25 hours having arrived minutes before storm(he has used up 14 of the 48 hours left to the tournament from the 6pm marker point the previous day so for him also there are 34 hours left to the tournament) So all in all assuming Doug joins in minutes and Cable joins an hour later at most the remaining fighters have to get their swords and be at the memorial in 33 hours! This is absolutely accurate and so Storm whining with 34 hours remaining to the tournament when she joins the circle is really stupid on her part and she is indefensible.

    The only get out for Storm is if we push everything 24 hours and say they are all there on the morning of the last day with 10 hours to go to the tournament,keep Wolverine's timeline of departure and arrival exactly the same and don't use special dilation time for hell, he will have spent 25 hours in Japan and 24 hours in hell (for those confused by Logan's 49 hour adventure he embarked on it eleven hours before it struck 6pm to mark a full day since they got Apoc and co out of Outworld) , but for this adjustment to be plausible Storm still has to inexplicably also delay her travel by 24 hours and sit doing nothing on Krakoa for a whole day(because she does not spend more than 16 hours in Wakanda the breakfast conversation she promised to Shuri was a diversion.) All will still work out neatly but her urgency to Wakanda will be hypocritical not to mention by pushing everything 24 hours ahead it makes it look like all 5 remaining swordsmen will have to be on the memorial markers in 10 hours, possible definitely but either way Storm looks incompetent!
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-16-2020 at 06:32 AM.

  2. #1532
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have gone back and carefully followed the whole timeline and this is the picture that comes out...Apocalypse and Syrin and co get out of Starlight citadel at dusk about 6pm they have Xavier and the five to try resurrect Santo and Rictor in a few hours, Apoc is reprimanded at night , the countdown had began when they got out of outworld but the memorial sword markings are only ready the next morning,so for smooth transition let us say Logan embarks to Tokyo immediately ,having fought Silver Samurai that next morning at say 7am while Polaris had finished making the markings.. (Keep in mind at 6 pm that very day on Krakoa they have only 48 hours left to the tournament, as a whole 24hr day has gone by since leaving Outworld) Wolverine at that 6pm point is like 11 hours into running round Tokyo, let us also take Storm leaving Krakoa like at 4pm because it is the only plausible time for her to leave and show up in Wakanda in the morning with Krakoa being in the Pacific and so 8-9 hours ahead of Wakanda in Africa (she has 50 hours to deadline at the point of leaving Krakoa) so the next morning indeed she is back, after being in Wakanda 16 hours ,when she left Wakanda it's like midnight there and she comes out through the gate in Krakoa and it's 8am in the morning in Krakoa timezone difference accounted for(has 34 hours left to end of deadline)

    While Wolverine at say 8am that morning as Storm arrives had been in Tokyo 25 hours having arrived minutes before storm(he has used up 14 of the 48 hours left to the tournament from the 6pm marker point the previous day so for him also there are 34 hours left to the tournament) So all in all assuming Doug joins in minutes and Cable joins an hour later at most the remaining fighters have to get their swords and be at the memorial in 33 hours! This is absolutely accurate and so Storm whining with 34 hours remaining to the tournament when she joins the circle is really stupid on her part and she is indefensible.

    The only get out for Storm is if we push everything 24 hours and say they are all there on the morning of the last day with 10 hours to go to the tournament,keep Wolverine's timeline of departure and arrival exactly the same and don't use special dilation time for hell, he will have spent 25 hours in Japan and 24 hours in hell (for those confused by Logan's 49 hour adventure he embarked on it eleven hours before it struck 6pm to mark a full day since they got Apoc and co out of Our world) , but for this adjustment to be plausible Storm still has to inexplicably also delay her travel by 24 hours and sit doing nothing on Krakoa for a whole day(because she does not spend more than 16 hours in Wakanda the breakfast conversation she promised to Shuri was a diversion.) All will still work out neatly but her urgency to Wakanda will be hypocritical not to mention by pushing everything 24 hours ahead it makes it look like all 5 remaining swordsmen will have to be on the memorial markers in 10 hours, possible definitely but either way Storm looks incompetent!
    It's...really not that serious.

  3. #1533
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have gone back and carefully followed the whole timeline and this is the picture that comes out...Apocalypse and Syrin and co get out of Starlight citadel at dusk about 6pm they have Xavier and the five to try resurrect Santo and Rictor in a few hours, Apoc is reprimanded at night , the countdown had began when they got out of outworld but the memorial sword markings are only ready the next morning,so for smooth transition let us say Logan embarks to Tokyo immediately ,having fought Silver Samurai that next morning at say 7am while Polaris had finished making the markings.. (Keep in mind at 6 pm that very day on Krakoa they have only 48 hours left to the tournament, as a whole 24hr day has gone by since leaving Outworld) Wolverine at that 6pm point is like 11 hours into running round Tokyo, let us also take Storm leaving Krakoa like at 4pm because it is the only plausible time for her to leave and show up in Wakanda in the morning with Krakoa being in the Pacific and so 8-9 hours ahead of Wakanda in Africa (she has 50 hours to deadline at the point of leaving Krakoa) so the next morning indeed she is back, after being in Wakanda 16 hours ,when she left Wakanda it's like midnight there and she comes out through the gate in Krakoa and it's 8am in the morning in Krakoa timezone difference accounted for(has 34 hours left to end of deadline)

    While Wolverine at say 8am that morning as Storm arrives had been in Tokyo 25 hours having arrived minutes before storm(he has used up 14 of the 48 hours left to the tournament from the 6pm marker point the previous day so for him also there are 34 hours left to the tournament) So all in all assuming Doug joins in minutes and Cable joins an hour later at most the remaining fighters have to get their swords and be at the memorial in 33 hours! This is absolutely accurate and so Storm whining with 34 hours remaining to the tournament when she joins the circle is really stupid on her part and she is indefensible.

    The only get out for Storm is if we push everything 24 hours and say they are all there on the morning of the last day with 10 hours to go to the tournament,keep Wolverine's timeline of departure and arrival exactly the same and don't use special dilation time for hell, he will have spent 25 hours in Japan and 24 hours in hell (for those confused by Logan's 49 hour adventure he embarked on it eleven hours before it struck 6pm to mark a full day since they got Apoc and co out of Outworld) , but for this adjustment to be plausible Storm still has to inexplicably also delay her travel by 24 hours and sit doing nothing on Krakoa for a whole day(because she does not spend more than 16 hours in Wakanda the breakfast conversation she promised to Shuri was a diversion.) All will still work out neatly but her urgency to Wakanda will be hypocritical not to mention by pushing everything 24 hours ahead it makes it look like all 5 remaining swordsmen will have to be on the memorial markers in 10 hours, possible definitely but either way Storm looks incompetent!
    This is complete nonsense. You've arbitrarily assigned times to the events in the comics. You've arbitrarily decided how long it was between events. This entire post is headcanon to justify an already established opinion. The only things that can be said with any certainty is what came first, what came next and that some things were done during day and others were done at night, that Wolverine spent a day in Japan, that Magic was the first swordsman ready, Wolverine was second, Storm third etc. etc.

    Listen I'm always game for a good debate but this is ridiculous, you aren't even attempting to base your arguments on facts. The only thing "absolutely accurate" is that continuing this is an exercise in frustration and futility. By the way, you know you don't need to go to such absurd lengths to justify an opinion, right? No one is forcing you to like or dislike anything, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want. The debate has always been about what is actually shown in the comic and what can be reasonably inferred. Making up an entire phantom chronology doesn't make your argument any better, it exponentially weakens it as it is neither accurate nor reasonable.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-16-2020 at 06:45 PM.

  4. #1534
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This is complete nonsense. You've arbitrarily assigned times to the events in the comics. You've arbitrarily decided how long it was between events. This entire post is headcanon to justify an already established opinion. The only things that can be said with any certainty is what came first, what came next and that some things were done during day and others were done at night, that Wolverine spent a day in Japan, that Magic was the first swordsman ready, Wolverine was second, Storm third etc. etc.

    Listen I'm always game for a good debate but this is ridiculous, you aren't even attempting to base your arguments on facts. The only thing "absolutely accurate" is that continuing this is an exercise in frustration and futility. By the way, you know you don't need to go to such absurd lengths to justify an opinion, right? No one is forcing you to like or dislike anything, you are entitled to whatever opinion you want. The debate has always been about what is actually shown in the comic and what can be reasonably inferred. Making up an entire phantom chronology doesn't make your argument any better, it exponentially weakens it as it is neither accurate nor reasonable.
    I used EVERYTHING in the book ,and was as logical as possible. Examples that are factored but not even stated.

    Some may say maybe they got out of the citadel in the morning, well when Xavier tasked the five to resurrect Rictor and rockslide 'within the hour' not 24 hours or 48 shows the urgency.At the council meeting Magneto hurries Polaris along again showing haste.So if everything is on the clock we need to make the most logical deductions in the tight schedule.I mean on panel Polaris starts making the memorial circle at night as they are talking to Apocalypse, it is inconceivable that they arrive in the morning ,resurrect Rictor within an hour and Polaris only starts making the circle at night. That is a whole day wasted.Polaris does not finish making the memorial that very day they get back, when they show Xavier talking to Apoc under the moon is evidence she completes it the next morning.It is a very compressed schedule. The only possibility to account for an almost wasted day is to say it took Polaris an entire 24 hour day to make the memorial. If she took 24 hours to make the memorial maybe the events compress as I gave allowance for , but this creates a glaring problem, we have to assume even if Polaris started making the memorial in the morning, that Wolverine had to wait the whole day , because he is on panel when she completes the ceremonial rings .Why did he wait for 24 hours? Why not go ahead to search for muramasa as Polaris is making the rings as time is running by especially since you suggest not only did he spend 24 hours in Japan ,but almost another 24 hours in hell.If that were true there would be no time for other swordsmen to get their swords.


    The only solution is to either accept dilated time in hell or accept that Polaris made the memorial through hours of the night not an entire day.

    As per my timeline when Wolverine is talking to the Krakoa tree face, it's already light outside again we can either say this is morning light or later in the day .Again logic dictates because of the urgency this is at dawn. Presuming the logical conclusion that they came in the late afternoon of the previous day, Wolverine cannot wait a whole 24 hours to fight Silver Samurai, it just makes little sense

    Storm cannot leave in the morning because if she does the time difference would show her entering Wakanda at night, she enters Wakanda when it is morning, if she entered Wakanda in the afternoon, it would be night time in Krakoa as she was talking to Kate, yet it is daytime in Krakoa and in Wakanda.I factored everything. Besides Marauders itself shows us Storm did not spend even 24 hours in Wakanda, she did not! She didn't even have the breakfast she promised to talk over with Shuri.To infer that on no substantive evidence would be disingenuous.I studied the issues before mapping it out.

    I presume the arbitrary part you mean is the difference in time but it is pretty accurate or is off by just an hour.In book one of House of X Krakoa is shown just above New Zealand which is 12 hours or so ahead of London in the real world ,depends where we situate Wakanda but most times it is situated in Eastern Africa,close to Kenya.(and in HoX #5 that is the indication on the map) Kenya is itself 2 hours ahead of London so it is 10 hours behind New Zealand and Krakoa. So I guess 8-9 hours, I presumed is off by an hour or two but on the whole it is accurate. At a cursory level the breakdown is detailed , but I did it to paint the most plausible scenario.All I laid out is what is in the comic and can be logically inferred.I mean I could have mentioned Ilyana being the first there but she didn't leave Krakoa so she is not at all consequential in the whole breakdown honestly.Anyway I am not after endlessly dissecting this issue as far as I know what I laid out is pretty plausible
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-17-2020 at 07:23 AM.

  5. #1535
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I used EVERYTHING in the book ,and was as logical as possible. Examples that are factored but not even stated.

    Some may say maybe they got out of the citadel in the morning, well when Xavier tasked the five to resurrect Rictor and rockslide 'within the hour' not 24 hours or 48 shows the urgency.At the council meeting Magneto hurries Polaris along again showing haste.So if everything is on the clock we need to make the most logical deductions in the tight schedule.I mean on panel Polaris starts making the memorial circle at night as they are talking to Apocalypse, it is inconceivable that they arrive in the morning ,resurrect Rictor within an hour and Polaris only starts making the circle at night. That is a whole day wasted.Polaris does not finish making the memorial that very day they get back, when they show Xavier talking to Apoc under the moon is evidence she completes it the next morning.It is a very compressed schedule. The only possibility to account for an almost wasted day is to say it took Polaris an entire 24 hour day to make the memorial. If she took 24 hours to make the memorial maybe the events compress as I gave allowance for , but this creates a glaring problem, we have to assume even if Polaris started making the memorial in the morning, that Wolverine had to wait the whole day , because he is on panel when she completes the ceremonial rings .Why did he wait for 24 hours? Why not go ahead to search for muramasa as Polaris is making the rings as time is running by especially since you suggest not only did he spend 24 hours in Japan ,but almost another 24 hours in hell.If that were true there would be no time for other swordsmen to get their swords.


    The only solution is to either accept dilated time in hell or accept that Polaris made the memorial through hours of the night not an entire day.

    As per my timeline when Wolverine is talking to the Krakoa tree face, it's already light outside again we can either say this is morning light or later in the day .Again logic dictates because of the urgency this is at dawn. Presuming the logical conclusion that they came in the late afternoon of the previous day, Wolverine cannot wait a whole 24 hours to fight Silver Samurai, it just makes little sense

    Storm cannot leave in the morning because if she does the time difference would show her entering Wakanda at night, she enters Wakanda when it is morning, if she entered Wakanda in the afternoon, it would be night time in Krakoa as she was talking to Kate, yet it is daytime in Krakoa and in Wakanda.I factored everything. Besides Marauders itself shows us Storm did not spend even 24 hours in Wakanda, she did not! She didn't even have the breakfast she promised to talk over with Shuri.To infer that on no substantive evidence would be disingenuous.I studied the issues before mapping it out.

    I presume the arbitrary part you mean is the difference in time but it is pretty accurate or is off by just an hour.In book one of House of X Krakoa is shown just above New Zealand which is 12 hours or so ahead of London in the real world ,depends where we situate Wakanda but most times it is situated in Eastern Africa,close to Kenya.(and in HoX #5 that is the indication on the map) Kenya is itself 2 hours ahead of London so it is 10 hours behind New Zealand and Krakoa. So I guess 8-9 hours, I presumed is off by an hour or two but on the whole it is accurate. At a cursory level the breakdown is detailed , but I did it to paint the most plausible scenario.All I laid out is what is in the comic and can be logically inferred.I mean I could have mentioned Ilyana being the first there but she didn't leave Krakoa so she is not at all consequential in the whole breakdown honestly.Anyway I am not after endlessly dissecting this issue as far as I know what I laid out is pretty plausible
    I think Tempo and Tempus are fuckin with you
    GrindrStone(D)

  6. #1536
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think Tempo and Tempus are fuckin with you
    I wish ,especially Tempus

  7. #1537
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think Tempo and Tempus are fuckin with you
    Lol you are terrible.

  8. #1538
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,294

    Default

    Ease up on the essays.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    This is complete nonsense.
    Thank you.
    "Cable was right!"

  9. #1539
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    304

    Default

    You people realize that if your response is one line you don't need to quote the entire five paragraph post you're responding to

  10. #1540
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You people realize that if your response is one line you don't need to quote the entire five paragraph post you're responding to
    It's more fun tho
    GrindrStone(D)

  11. #1541
    Spectacular Member Lady Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You people realize that if your response is one line you don't need to quote the entire five paragraph post you're responding to
    It also eliminates confusion.

  12. #1542
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    322

    Default

    On a different topic Jason Aaron has been hyping up his avengers vs X-men arc that takes place after the Phoenix arc. Which makes sense cause clearly wolverine is gonna get the Phoenix power like in his thor run so get ready for avengers vs X-men 2 but even worse!

  13. #1543
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    On a different topic Jason Aaron has been hyping up his avengers vs X-men arc that takes place after the Phoenix arc. Which makes sense cause clearly wolverine is gonna get the Phoenix power like in his thor run so get ready for avengers vs X-men 2 but even worse!
    Yeah, at least we can just ignore it, like I'm sure Hickman will.

  14. #1544
    Hi, Sage. nandes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Where is Jason Aaron supposedly hyping that up? This is the first time I've read anything about that

  15. #1545
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You people realize that if your response is one line you don't need to quote the entire five paragraph post you're responding to
    No I like taking up the entire page.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):

    DC: Batman Beyond, Red Hood, Far Sector
    Marvel: Marauders, X-Force, X-Men, X-Factor, New Mutants, Hellions, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Venom, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker, Is'Nana The Were-Spider

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •