Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo you gotta risk your life to be a hero ?
    i didnt say that.

I was joking with the idea that if they keep dying so easily, they should go for another "job". It was not my intention for the argument to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    i didnt say that.

I was joking with the idea that if they keep dying so easily, they should go for another "job". It was not my intention for the argument to be taken literally.
    Oh lol my bad I just smoked and most of my higher cognitive was tryna process the invader Zim episode
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh lol my bad I just smoked and most of my higher cognitive was tryna process the invader Zim episode
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Recent articles on CBR are backing my theory about Krakoa being quite close to its downfall. The resurrection protocols seems to have a serious mistake, as it appears mutants resurrect without their souls. Not to mention that Wolverine's comments the mental trauma of the experience could break anyone who suffers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Recent articles on CBR are backing my theory about Krakoa being quite close to its downfall. The resurrection protocols seems to have a serious mistake, as it appears mutants resurrect without their souls. Not to mention that Wolverine's comments the mental trauma of the experience could break anyone who suffers it.
    Hickman said the resurrected mutants were the real deal, no reason to assume they're soulless. Trauma and memories of your death are telepathically removed.

I saw this article talking about the teaser for #7 that was released but not much else.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-7-teaser-crucible-hickman-yu/
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Hickman said the resurrected mutants were the real deal, no reason to assume they're soulless. Trauma and memories of your death are telepathically removed.
    If they resurrect them after their deaths, they can't remove traumas or memories from their death, or they wouldn't be the real deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I'm not interested by the humans in X-men comics: I've never followed their adventures.

It was Xavier's intention when he made his X-men wear bright and colorful costumes that the general public identifies the mutants with heroes, do-gooders… It could have worked if every mutant did the same thing. But it wasn't the case. Far from it…

So in a way X-men's heroism was always tainted with suspicion of ulterior motives… Being a hero was a part of a strategy. But it was fine because they still risked their life for "people who fear and hunted them" which was something admirable… The X-men sincerely believed in doing the good thing like non-mutant super-heroes.

And now they don't need it anymore: they found another way.
    But I don't find realistic that their personalities have changed so much.
    because if you were reading the books (wich i immensly doubt, sorrynotsorry) youd know they are representing a nation of people, not just themselves.
    And fighting for a world that hates and fears them as been done to a point its absolutly morronic

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because if you were reading the books (wich i immensly doubt, sorrynotsorry) youd know they are representing a nation of people, not just themselves.
    And fighting for a world that hates and fears them as been done to a point its absolutly morronic
    Not need to to sorrynotsorry; Zelena's said on multiple occasions that she's not reading along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

CBR articles are not gospel and should never ever be taken as such...more often than not they're written based on the same frivolous speculation that pervades the community threads...those so inclined would want to take them with a pot spoon of salt and a handful of kraked pepper.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-23-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hmmm if I were Str8 I'd probably be kinda into that puff of smoke lol

Recent articles on CBR are backing my theory about Krakoa being quite close to its downfall.
    Yes... the same franchise that stretched their move to San Francisco almost 9 years...ok
    Recent articles on CBR are backing my theory about Krakoa being quite close to its downfall. The resurrection protocols seems to have a serious mistake, as it appears mutants resurrect without their souls.
    lol Er how can they tell?
    What about the mutants whose beliefs about souls is radical different than the next? Not in a soul at all? Statistically about 30% of Krakoans are Christian. Would you be cool if someone says they can't resurrect your loved ones because they will be missing their invisible twin that lives inside them?
    Not to mention that Wolverine's comments the mental trauma of the experience could break anyone who suffers it.
    lol that's not what he said....
    C69C359F-492C-4C97-9541-A98CC8C681D2.jpg
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

interesting that shinobi was ressurected witout any of his trauma, and that in x-men issue one cecilia had an array of options to deal with trauma

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its impressive peps can go trough 3 years of bendis+ 1 year of inhumans + 2 ish of gold and when we get out of the woods, they are like.
    "you know what, i kinda liked it back there"
    stockholme syndrome luv, absolute madness
    This is exactly what Hickman meant when he compared X-fans to trauma victims. They've lost the ability to believe that something nice isn't actually a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Not need to to sorrynotsorry; Zelena's said on multiple occasions that she's not reading along.
    I read the previews, I read the scans and I read the comments you post, though…
    Comic is a graphic medium, I got the atmosphere…
    And sometimes I read a issue.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

If they resurrect them after their deaths, they can't remove traumas or memories from their death, or they wouldn't be the real deal.
    You get resurrected from the latest backup, so you're likely not to get memories of your death. Plus Telepaths and empaths are on the island and they have been stated on page to be able to help remove trauma.