Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1622

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Hickman already said in his interview that this Krakoa-thing is divided into 3 acts.

Act 1 - Honeymoon period. Everything is happy.
    Act 2 - Krakoa falls. Mutants are disillusioned.
    Act 3 - Undisclosed. Whatever resolution, I guess.
    Hickman said there were three acts, not what the three acts are.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

According to the timeline Krakoa has been around 2 months, in those two moths Krakoa citizens have seen their homes being build from almost nothing(a flower) a place where they can be with their family, loved dead ones are coming back and their main protectors, the X-men, dying in a mission and being brought back almost inmediately, I donīt think they see this as part of a culture but rather a time of miracles and crucible may as well be another miracle among many.

If we are talking about a relationship, I would say that right now the people in Krakoa are in the infatuation stage so it will take a litte more time for them to begin the question stage and it makes sense that the people directly in the know, like the X-men, are questioning some things, not all because they do see the positive side of Krakoa.

Krakoa is not yet a democracy, it has a representative council who answers to the petitions of itīs citizens, maybe when it gets bigger another form of goverment will be neccesary but right now they have what the builders of Krakoa have decided they need right now, it will be interesting when/if someone decides they need another form of govemrent.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hickman said there were three acts, not what the three acts are.
    maybe Precogs have found a home after all. and they are none too happy
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Why are people so eager to return to doom , gloom and endless night ?

Is it really too much to ask for uplifting stories ?

In these current dark and difficult days , do we really need more misery and depression ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is Krakoa a democracy? Seems to be pretty much an oligarchy to me.
    Krakoa is not a democracy but most of the mutants I saw in comics were born in democracies.

Suddenly they are fine with an oligarchy? With a system that doesn't care much about their opinions?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Krakoa is not a democracy but most of the mutants I saw in comics were born in democracies.

Suddenly they are fine with an oligarchy? With a system that doesn't care much about their opinions?
    Uh, most mutants in X-Men are American. I think they’re setting in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    According to the timeline Krakoa has been around 2 months, in those two moths Krakoa citizens have seen their homes being build from almost nothing(a flower) a place where they can be with their family, loved dead ones are coming back and their main protectors, the X-men, dying in a mission and being brought back almost inmediately, I donīt think they see this as part of a culture but rather a time of miracles and crucible may as well be another miracle among many.

If we are talking about a relationship, I would say that right now the people in Krakoa are in the infatuation stage so it will take a litte more time for them to begin the question stage and it makes sense that the people directly in the know, like the X-men, are questioning some things, not all because they do see the positive side of Krakoa.

Krakoa is not yet a democracy, it has a representative council who answers to the petitions of itīs citizens, maybe when it gets bigger another form of goverment will be neccesary but right now they have what the builders of Krakoa have decided they need right now, it will be interesting when/if someone decides they need another form of govemrent.
    I see very well Mystique as a political agitator.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post

In these current dark and difficult days , do we really need more misery and depression ?
    I heard Hickman wasn't the right man for the stories you're looking for…

The places with democracies where they come from didnīt care much for their oppinions either thatīs why they moved to Krakoa in the first place.

Not even in the real world a democracy is effectively a cristal clear representation of the population, most of the time it gets manipulated into representing those sectors of the population that have the means to influence the goverment but this is too much politics for a comic book I guess.

I donīt think Krakoa even has a completely stablished goverment neither itīs an oligarchy rather itīs a council developed from the different leaders of the factions that have existed between mutants since day 1 and the reason for this is to call an alliance in favor of peace between their own people.

Itīs not a perfect alliance, it means having to make nice with people they would rather not talk to but they have decided that right now the interest of the population should matter more than their own, itīs quite a fragile status quo that will most probably lead to an internal crisis but right now what they have gained matters more than have thay had in the past.

I see very well Mystique as a political agitator.
    XD well that has been her whole speciality but even she has to admit that "give me me wife back or I will burn this place down around you" is not exactly being political, that would make her the Nero of mutants and Krakoa is something that she can appreciate on her own, she just wants destiny back so it can be perfect and I think either magneto or xavier are going to give in when they see that sting a dragon's eye of their own making is not smart.

I also enjoy this change in the status quo where Mystque and Xavier are arguing while Magneto is sitting there in the middle being like "Erm You know we still have to deal with Nimrod right?" how things have changed XD

Edit: Now I am just waiting for the inevitable moment in which Magneto is killed or dies for some reason and while Xavier rushes to bring him back Mystique gives him the glare of the century.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

I like your posts.

I think that there might be a polital switch further down the line. Hickman usually doesn't have characters say random stuff, he had Emma say something on the line of "The Council is a temporary thing until we get something more stable", and I think he might be pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I like your posts.

I think that there might be a polital switch further down the line. Hickman usually doesn't have characters say random stuff, he had Emma say something on the line of "The Council is a temporary thing until we get something more stable", and I think he might be pick up on that.
    Agreed, what we are seeing could be just the growing pains for something else after all they are already planning an expansion so sooner or later the council will not be enough.

Krakoa puts the cult in culture
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

NO ONE IS.

And for MANY of us, Hickman is just more misery and depression. I've certainly yet to see anything "uplifting" come out of this nonsense of his.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    NO ONE IS.

And for MANY of us, Hickman is just more misery and depression. I've certainly yet to see anything "uplifting" come out of this nonsense of his.
    The X-men have been "uplifting" mutant terrorists, they no longer care about the harm inflicted upon humans like they used to. All the innocent people Magneto and the others killed don't warrant the slightest disapproval. It says a lot that they don't resurrect those victims with their powers.

This is why Hickman compared X-fans to trauma victims. Things have been so doom and gloom that they can’t believe things are actually going well. They’re always waiting for the other shoe to drop.