Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1622

Looks like the countdown is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Looks like the countdown is cancelled.
    Stochastic countdown.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    What do you want in it's stead?
    I've posted this many times...

A more balanced picture given of humanity. Yes there will always be anti-mutant types like the The Friend of Humanity and Humanity's Last Stand and The Right....but there would also be people who are portrayed as not anti-mutant and actually defend them because they were saved or protected by mutants like the people in NYC during War of The Realms.

The X-Men themselves need to have more public face with running a team out of NYC that people can see as well as they can see the FF or the Avengers when they were operating out of the Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Differing opinions are cool.Youve posted about the things you dislike about this new status quo. What would you like to see?
    I've already posted about this in the thread made for it. Things like ditching the villains as being part of the groups or getting focus in the books, better characterizations consistent with how characters normally act, ditching the cult nonsense, getting rid of the datapages and showing more than texting, better rosters and names for books, actually using the characters brought back instead of 'here they popped up once then back to the wallpaper zone!', ditching the psychic parasite island, not having these stupid Resurrection Protocols and instead focusing on NOT killing and maiming in the first place because its cheap and lazy writing, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What’s “stupid” or “wrong” about it? Because you expressed dislike over the Five because of “retcons” that weren’t even retcons.
    First off, Goldballs and Proteus did get hit with Retcons. But fine "changes". Happy now? They're still terrible decisions but now we're using a better word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I've already posted about this in the thread made for it. Things like ditching the villains as being part of the groups or getting focus in the books, better characterizations consistent with how characters normally act, ditching the cult nonsense, getting rid of the datapages and showing more than texting, better rosters and names for books, actually using the characters brought back instead of 'here they popped up once then back to the wallpaper zone!', ditching the psychic parasite island, not having these stupid Resurrection Protocols and instead focusing on NOT killing and maiming in the first place because its cheap and lazy writing, and more.

First off, Goldballs and Proteus did get hit with Retcons. But fine "changes". Happy now? They're still terrible decisions but now we're using a better word for it.
    How are they terrible? They give a proper fix to Proteus who would have been in limbo for another 10 years if they didn't, and they gave an explanation on what Fabio's balls really are.

FFirst off, Goldballs and Proteus did get hit with Retcons. But fine "changes". Happy now? They're still terrible decisions but now we're using a better word for it.
    Again, there’s nothing about Proteus that was retconed. And is the retcon that Goldballs’ balls are actually eggs so devastatingly shocking enough to make or break the concept for you? He was a joke character before this with fans here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It would have been interesting if Reed knew about Matthew Malloy...and because he was outside time/space when Xavier and Tempus altered history he still remembers him and confronts Xavier about why he no longer exists...in front of several senior people on Krakoa. How would it be received that Xavier eliminated such a powerful mutant?
    I was thinking more along the lines of a mutant so powerful (so Matthew Malloy-like) that the other mutants are like the simple humans when they are facing the usual mutants: awe and terror.
    Most of the time, the mutants don't fear the other mutants:
    - either they consider that the newcomer is on their side de facto;
    - or their own powers protect them.

But mutantkind as a religion is rather new and this is a lot of hypocrisy there. Ok, powers define them. But it losts sight that not all 'powers' are a blessing;
    - Magneto, the Mutant Champion, has killed a young girl whose only crime was to make real nightmares;
    - Logan has killed a young boy that can't help killing people around him;
    - Matthew Malloy would have, probably, preferred to get rid of his powers than killing his parents and the neighborhood.
    Powers appear in the teenager years, so, during a long time, they didn't define them, it's something new that they didn't predict, that doesn't fit in their life.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Just a few thoughts on your post.

Goldballs . Is that really such a change ? He made balls , now we know the balls eggs. Without the rest of the 5 , functionally his powers are exactly the same. Plus there's the whole balls ,sperm ,eggs , fertility, reproductive ,life /death cycle aspect to link it all.

Krakoa. One of the most interesting aspects , I would say .( I think since it supplies food and shelter it's more of a symbiotic relationship than parasitic. ) I think it emphasises the SF aspect and the concept of mutants following biological evolution rather than machine.
    I wonder if you've read the Nights Dawn trilogy by Peter F Hamilton ? It depicts a future where mankind has split into Adamists who use machines , and Edenists who use bio tech. Scientists live in huge orbital biological habitats which are grown from eggs. I can't recommend it enough and I'm convinced Hickman has taken some inspiration from it.

Some other points seem , to me , minor.
    The names of the comics ?
    I like the data pages .
    The villans , I see your point , but part of the core concept is to present a United front .
    Would defiantly like to see more of the resurrected characters . I want Sugarman !
    And I really don't see the "cult" issue at all.

Anyway ,all the very best and keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Guggenheim run will only be remembered by #1 with jihadist messages and the fake wedding.

Absolutely nothing else from that comic will be remembered.
    Pretty much.

Guggenheim hasn't written a comic that felt like anything other than filler in his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of a Mutant so powerful (so Matthew Malloy-like) that the other mutants are like the simple humans when they are facing the usual mutants: awe and terror.
    Most of the time, the mutants don't fear the other mutants:
    - either they consider that the newcomer is on their side de facto;
    - or their own powers protect them.
    Hmmm They were called the Neo. Scarlet Witch pretty much wiped them out.
    I But mutantkind as a religion is rather new and this is a lot of hypocrisy there. Ok, powers define them. But it losts sight that not all 'powers' are a blessing;
    - Magneto, the Mutant Champion, has killed a young girl whose only crime was to make real nightmares;
    You mean from WaTXM ? That uh doesn't really count in the 616
    I- Logan has killed a young boy that can't help killing people around him;
    You mean in Ultimate X-Men? that doesn't really count either
    - Matthew Malloy would have, probably, preferred to get rid of his powers than killing his parents and the neighborhood.
    Yeah maybe. What Kings eFFed up situation to put a preteen in. lol
    I Powers appear in the teenager years, so, during a long time, they didn't define them, it's something new that they didn't predict, that doesn't fit in their life.
    If you're still able to still get defined in the exact same easy as an adult as when you were 4 or 7 or 12. Your life is probably so highly specialized no one else could live it.
    GrindrStone(D)

We'd never had anything to say "the gold balls are definitely THIS and not anything else like eggs". They were just there. Revealing that they're eggs doesn't contradict anything.

You're also not substantiating why these are bad retcons. You're just restating your opinion. We know you don't like them! But, is there anything you have to say about it beyond "I don't like it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It would have been interesting if Reed knew about Matthew Malloy...and because he was outside time/space when Xavier and Tempus altered history he still remembers him and confronts Xavier about why he no longer exists...in front of several senior people on Krakoa. How would it be received that Xavier eliminated such a powerful mutant?
    Reed was not outside of space time at the point when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Again, there’s nothing about Proteus that was retconed. And is the retcon that Goldballs’ balls are actually eggs so devastatingly shocking enough to make or break the concept for you? He was a joke character before this with fans here and there.
    I woudlnt even call it a retcon. His balls are the same as they were before. He needs Proteus and Elixir in order to make them actual eggs and thats bc they use their powers to warp and make the biologically active

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I woudlnt even call it a retcon. His balls are the same as they were before. He needs Proteus and Elixir in order to make them actual eggs and thats bc they use their powers to warp and make the biologically active
    Yeah, plenty of mutants have had their powers develop or evolve without it being considered a "retcon".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nit-picking HiX-Man's X-Men apart is nothing if not entertaining.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!