Page 30 of 109 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol YAS! called out!

There seems to be a serious disconnect of understanding

lol basically you're hating on KraKoa for what hasn't happened yet.....OK Tabitha Smith.
    Don't need to be a psychic to know where things are going. The writers are giving you red neon signs that Something Is Wrong through all the books. What was the last storyline you read about the villains before Krakatoa?

I'm not sure you understand what issue #7 was about I can't help you there but i can say you're not looking at the issue ignoring the new KraKoa paradigm.
    You're missing the implications. It's Apocalypse.

Apocalypse Didn't kill anyone...
    The Definition of Kill.....is to put a person to death
    Deaths definition is ....the end of the life of a person or organism.
    Aeros life was not ended....Sooooo
    The process only works if you dead, then you get a new body - and he does by stabbing them with a huge sword. After beating them up first in a gladiatorial arena. You realise this is all pointless theater? They don't need to do this to get their powers back.

Edit: Nowhere in this do mutants have to do anything like Apocalypse wants to be reborn.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/24/208799...-5-review-xmen

In Hickman’s interpretation of Goldballs’s powers, the gold balls are actually viable biological mutant eggs that can sustain life. That’s much more useful than plain gold spheres.

Add in a mix of healing powers from a mutant named Elixir, time travel from Eva Bell, reality warping from Proteus, synergy from Hope Summers, and some identity and consciousness transplants from Professor X, and the X-Men have essentially figured out how to rebirth the mutants who died in that final mission and any who could die in the future:
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-08-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    "It was only attempted murder, it doesn't count!"
    One could argue that it was a medical procedure. Aero getting resurrected was seemingly the desired outcome. It's still a bizarrely violent ritual, but it fits with Apoccy's whole deal. "Do you want your mutant powers back badly enough to fight me to the death for them?"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One could argue that it was a medical procedure. Aero getting resurrected was seemingly the desired outcome. It's still a bizarrely violent ritual, but it fits with Apoccy's whole deal. "Do you want your mutant powers back badly enough to fight me to the death for them?"
    It's not something ANY of the X-men should be okay with or allow to happen regardless of 'running a nation' or whatever other excuse people like to bring up.

Astonishing Member

It's not something ANY of the X-men should be okay with or allow to happen regardless of 'running a nation' or whatever other excuse people like to bring up.
    I believe Charles Xavier is manipulating their minds to make them obey his orders, that's why he's using that weird helmet. This is how he reached the title of nation for Krakoa, by manipulating votes in the United Nations. When people realize this, the hate to mutants and Xavier specially is going to be overflowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I believe Charles Xavier is manipulating their minds to make them obey his orders, that's why he's using that weird helmet. This is how he reached the title of nation for Krakoa, by manipulating votes in the United Nations. When people realize this, the hate to mutants and Xavier specially is going to be overflowing.
    Didn’t Xavier die in X-Force #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Don't need to be a psychic to know where things are going. The writers are giving you red neon signs that Something Is Wrong through all the books. What was the last storyline you read about the villains before Krakatoa?
    Rosencanny where they were getting hunted down by Emma and O*N*E using Cyclops’ crew, who later berated Emma for “hunting down their people.”
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-08-2020 at 09:42 PM.

That's foreshadowing a literal literary device used to entice the audience to want to know more...nowadays with the heavy handness of the MCU people can't seem to get this Soooo they take'em all and mash them all into one BIGG anti human, sinister conspiracy..
    You're missing the implications. It's Apocalypse
    lol this cracked me up
    reminded me of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia epi When The Gang buys a Boat

The process only works if you dead, then you get a new body - and he does by stabbing them with a huge sword. After beating them up first in a gladiatorial arena. You realise this is all pointless theater? They don't need to do this to get their powers back.
    Edit: Nowhere in this do mutants have to do anything like Apocalypse wants to be reborn.
    And? People don't have to do a lotta stuff that could get them killed...one key difference is we don't have a way to resurrect those that doare you really criticizing Krakoans for having a sport safer than most of the ones the Western World enjoys?
    lol Have you read the X-men?? Sending a 13yr old Kitty Pryde out on dangerous missions halfway across the world even space was tooootally with Xavier and the X-men. Soooo this is pretty par the course for them

Uhhh you mean Cerebra? if you've been reading the x-men How do you not know what that is???
    le sigh
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-08-2020 at 10:03 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

And? People don't have to do a lotta stuff that could get them killed...one key difference is we don't have a way to resurrect those that doare you really criticizing Krakoans for having a sport safer than most of the ones the Western World enjoys?
    Exaggerate much?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Astonishing Member

That's foreshadowing a literal literary device used to entice the audience to want to know more...nowadays with the heavy handness of the MCU people can't seem to get this Soooo they take'em all and mash them all into one BIGG anti human, sinister conspiracy..
    I take it you've never read Hickman's Avengers. I wasn't talking about foreshadowing with that sentence, Hickman's run has nothing to do with the previous status quo I asked you straight out - are you going to answer the question? Do you have any knowledge from any of these X-men villains in any media before you started reading the X-titles, post-Krakatoa?

Thats not a sport, it's a pointless sacrificial ritual. He literally kills their bodies by sticking a sword through them, and you call it safe? Do you know who Apocalypse is? Your contrariness makes you come across as very naive.

lol Have you read the X-men?? Sending a 13yr old Kitty Pryde out on dangerous missions halfway across the world even space was tooootally with Xavier and the X-men. Soooo this is pretty par the course for them
    Krakatoa's doing worse things, the X-men don't send her out to colonise worlds for them.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-09-2020 at 05:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This is kind of where I am leaning on this whole thing...Xavier is up to his old tricks of getting what he wants by subtly influencing minds. After some of the crap he pulled in the past I really don't see how anyone trusts him.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lord this thread.

"Krakoa colonized Otherworld"

I'm pretty sure Otherworld had a a civil war and the new guy in charge started **** with another country. Apocalypse made a deal with the previous leader and put them back in power for what he wanted which doesn't include ruling Otherworld.

"Xavier's mind controlling everyone"

Including the mutants who were on the other side of the galaxy when it was shown his telepathy range isn't infinite and somehow was still controlling everyone will dead?

Bruh.

"They don't need to do this (the Crucible) to get their powers back."

Yes. They do. That was the point of this issue.
    "Cable was right!"

It’s the human world you should be counting down the destruction to. Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s the human world you should be counting down the destruction to. Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use.
    Too bad there is no alternative, then…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

"It was only attempted murder, it doesn't count!"
    Where is the attempted murder if the goal isn't even to kill her with no possibility of immediately coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Where is the attempted murder if the goal isn't even to kill her with no possibility of immediately coming back.
    THE FACT THAT SHE DIED.

Getting better doesn't change the fact that it was a pointlessly violent death after an extended beating.

The lengths Krakoa-fanbots go to just to excuse the glaring flaws in Hickman's nonsense is exhausting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

THE FACT THAT SHE DIED.

Getting better doesn't change the fact that it was a pointlessly violent death after an extended beating.

The lengths Krakoa-fanbots go to just to excuse the glaring flaws in Hickman's nonsense is exhausting.
    So if they killed Aero outside of battle in order for her to be resurrected, the X-Men wouldn't be murderers?
    "Cable was right!"