Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1439
  1. #1096
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I heard Hickman wasn't the right man for the stories you're looking for…
    All of Hickman’s Marvel works ends on optimistic notes.

  2. #1097
    Incredible Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    All of Hickman’s Marvel works ends on optimistic notes.
    Not really, no.

    They end on these fake, hollow 'wishes they were optimistic' things that do little to make up for or justify the grime and garbage that had to be waded through to get to them.

  3. #1098
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Krakoa is not a democracy but most of the mutants I saw in comics were born in democracies.

    Suddenly they are fine with an oligarchy? With a system that doesn't care much about their opinions?
    True, but democracy can often be "Two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner" with mutants having to play the part of the sheep far too many times. An oligarchy that doesn't care about their opinions will be seen as preferable to a democracy that doesn't care about their survival.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  4. #1099
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    I lost some track, so let's see:

    I mentioned problems will start on Krakoa when a human baby is born. You mentioned there's already a human baby in Krakoa, Jubilee's adopted girl. First of all, that's not the same than a human baby being born between mutants; but it will eventually happen. And second, luckily for Jubilee, Krakoa will be destroyed before her baby grows up to a kid or teenager. Seriusly, how do you think it will be for a human to grow up between mutants? Mutants will treat her with hate and scorn just like regular humans have treated mutants all over. Even worse, considering how they are acting now, it's quite probably some mutants will want to kill Jubilee's human baby because she's an "abomination in Mutant Paradise".

    There was a What if issue showing this stuff time ago ("What If... Magneto ruled all Mutants?"), about what if if Asteroid M would have survived, and two factions lived there; one wanting to explore the space to find mutans their our homeworld and another one wanting to conquer Earth and kill humanity. Before a battle between mutants could start all over, Magneto manipulated things to make everyone think a new baby was born with the potential to be "superior to mutants" and replace them as mutants tried to replace humanity. There was a battle between mutants who tried to kill the baby and those who wanted to protect it; which ended with the baby's death and discovering the baby was actually normal, human. When this was revealed, many mutants leave Asteroid M in disgust, choosing to live between humans who hates them before staying with other mutans that act like the monsters humanity claim to be. Colossus and Beast even wished to kill Magneto for all this.

    This is exactly what it will pass on Krakoa, sooner or later.

  5. #1100
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Uh, most mutants in X-Men are American. I think they’re setting in just fine.
    Then there should be more complaining, honestly.

  6. #1101
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This is why Hickman compared X-fans to trauma victims. Things have been so doom and gloom that they can’t believe things are actually going well. They’re always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Hickman can't say that while holding the other shoe behind his back.

    This is Hickman. If anything, he'll be tap dancing at the end; rather than merely dropping one other shoe.

  7. #1102
    Fantastic Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    NO ONE IS.

    And for MANY of us, Hickman is just more misery and depression. I've certainly yet to see anything "uplifting" come out of this nonsense of his.
    The mutants are happy and have a homeland. Definitely seem happy to me.

  8. #1103
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Then there should be more complaining, honestly.
    Everybody's too drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post

    There was a What if issue showing this stuff time ago ("What If... Magneto ruled all Mutants?"), about what if if Asteroid M would have survived, and two factions lived there; one wanting to explore the space to find mutans their our homeworld and another one wanting to conquer Earth and kill humanity. Before a battle between mutants could start all over, Magneto manipulated things to make everyone think a new baby was born with the potential to be "superior to mutants" and replace them as mutants tried to replace humanity. There was a battle between mutants who tried to kill the baby and those who wanted to protect it; which ended with the baby's death and discovering the baby was actually normal, human. When this was revealed, many mutants leave Asteroid M in disgust, choosing to live between humans who hates them before staying with other mutans that act like the monsters humanity claim to be. Colossus and Beast even wished to kill Magneto for all this.

    This is exactly what it will pass on Krakoa, sooner or later.
    Nah cause that baby don't even LOOK like him.
    +
    Rusty & Skids are like soooooo not together anymore
    GrindrStone(D)

  9. #1104
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    The mutants are happy and have a homeland. Definitely seem happy to me.
    Don't fall for Hickman's trap. He's cackling in the corner at the people that view this all as a "good conclusion".

  10. #1105
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    That makes me remeber how one marvel editor said that what makes them happy is to see people discuss the story, that´s why teasers exists and that´s why Jean Grey fans were teased for a very looong time before bringing Jean back So yes I can see Mr Hickman cackling in the corner right now.

    But they also said that silence, is the response they like less, because that means people are just not interested in the story, THEN it´s time to change direction.

    So according to the 1 or 3 threats on this forum Krakoa still has some years left as status quo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  11. #1106
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Don't fall for Hickman's trap. He's cackling in the corner at the people that view this all as a "good conclusion".
    Considering all the other endings we have had until now have been "Nice try, but mutants are still going to be extinct soon. Suck it, losers!" I'll probably still consider anything else an improvement - because the only way to make it worse would be to cancel all X-comics, because mutants have finally all died.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  12. #1107
    Incredible Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Considering all the other endings we have had until now have been "Nice try, but mutants are still going to be extinct soon. Suck it, losers!" I'll probably still consider anything else an improvement - because the only way to make it worse would be to cancel all X-comics, because mutants have finally all died.
    Oh, never underestimate the ability of bad writing and bad editors to make things worse.

  13. #1108
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    True, but democracy can often be "Two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner" with mutants having to play the part of the sheep far too many times. An oligarchy that doesn't care about their opinions will be seen as preferable to a democracy that doesn't care about their survival.
    Democracy is a choice, there is no choice with the Quiet Council. They're all wealthy politicians with no accountability and Raven, who wants to burn everything down. That only works until it impacts their survival and they should know by now Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister don't have the same values, they just haven't made the inevitable betrayal yet. There should be far more squabbling between the factions, these are people who are used to trying to murder each other every other week. The Brotherhood and the X-men have merged too easily, and I'm curious as to why.

  14. #1109
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Brotherhood and the X-men have merged too easily, and I'm curious as to why.
    That happened like ten years ago.

  15. #1110
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The Brotherhood and the X-men have merged too easily, and I'm curious as to why.
    Because the racist Marvel world treats ALL mutants the same. Brotherhood and X-men have a common enemy this is what happens when you have common enemy.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-22-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •