Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1439
  1. #1231
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What happens when 2 mutants make a human baby? It’s happened before...
    I imagine they would just raise the baby on the island, depending on who the mutant parents are.

    There would no doubt be mutants on the island who would make a stink about it, but in general I imagine the nation wouldn't cast it into the sea or whatever.

  2. #1232
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I imagine they would just raise the baby on the island, depending on who the mutant parents are.

    There would no doubt be mutants on the island who would make a stink about it, but in general I imagine the nation wouldn't cast it into the sea or whatever.
    That kind of thing does kinda raise the question about quality of life for a human living on Krakoa especially right now. Currently, we have a confirmed number of 2 humans, Shogo and Kyle, living on the island. What must that be like especially with there definitely being mutants living there who at best look down on humans and at worst despise them?

  3. #1233
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    What happens when 2 mutants make a human baby? It’s happened before...
    They raise their kid?

  4. #1234
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That kind of thing does kinda raise the question about quality of life for a human living on Krakoa especially right now. Currently, we have a confirmed number of 2 humans, Shogo and Kyle, living on the island. What must that be like especially with there definitely being mutants living there who at best look down on humans and at worst despise them?

  5. #1235
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It’s a nation designed for and by mutants for their safety and development of culture. Of course it would be different for humans and non-mutant aliens, but that doesn’t mean they’re being discriminated against. It’s just a different experience.

  6. #1236
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s a nation designed for and by mutants for their safety and development of culture. Of course it would be different for humans and non-mutant aliens, but that doesn’t mean they’re being discriminated against. It’s just a different experience.
    Can you really say that they wouldn’t be? Sure the X-Men wouldn’t but there are no doubt people on the island who do discriminate against humans. Hell, we’ve seen the likes of Esme referring to humans as monkeys and even children throwing around terms like “flatscan”. There is no doubt in my mind that there is some degree of discrimination against the humans living on Krakoa especially when mutantkind finds that to be their own private piece of the world away from humans.

  7. #1237
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can you really say that they wouldn’t be? Sure the X-Men wouldn’t but there are no doubt people on the island who do discriminate against humans. Hell, we’ve seen the likes of Esme referring to humans as monkeys and even children throwing around terms like “flatscan”. There is no doubt in my mind that there is some degree of discrimination against the humans living on Krakoa especially when mutantkind finds that to be their own private piece of the world away from humans.
    Unless we see it someone actually discriminating against Kyle or Shogo or Broo or whoever that isn’t a mutant, it isn’t happening.

  8. #1238
    Incredible Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unless we see it someone actually discriminating against Kyle or Shogo or Broo or whoever that isn’t a mutant, it isn’t happening.
    You can't assume its not happening either.

  9. #1239
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That kind of thing does kinda raise the question about quality of life for a human living on Krakoa especially right now. Currently, we have a confirmed number of 2 humans, Shogo and Kyle, living on the island. What must that be like especially with there definitely being mutants living there who at best look down on humans and at worst despise them?
    Prior to the Crucible, there was also Melody. You are right in that 2 are confirmed but I think that issue set up that there are at least depowered former mutants on the island waiting for their chance at the Crucible to be reborn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Unless we see it someone actually discriminating against Kyle or Shogo or Broo or whoever that isn’t a mutant, it isn’t happening.
    There are mutants on there that we know for a fact hate humans and see them as lesser than. I dont think its a leap to assume that they'd view humans on Krakoa with the same negative lens that they had before the nation existed

  10. #1240
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There are mutants on there that we know for a fact hate humans and see them as lesser than. I dont think its a leap to assume that they'd view humans on Krakoa with the same negative lens that they had before the nation existed
    There are also mutants who would be protective over them as well given their position on the island. Those mutants’ disdain for humanity didn’t come out of nowhere and it isn’t simply because theyre seen as “lesser than” but because of their entire lives experience before Krakoa existed.

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    You can't assume its not happening either.
    So if it’s nebulous, why assume the worse to fit your mold of Krakoa?

  11. #1241
    Incredible Member ARkadelphia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

    So if it’s nebulous, why assume the worse to fit your mold of Krakoa?
    Because mutants are human beings with all the same flaws, prejudices, and imperfections as their counterparts
    “The Scarlet Witch is the only thing that will scare them. It’s the only thing they’ll respect.” - Hope Summers, Avengers vs X-Men #7

  12. #1242
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Because mutants are human beings with all the same flaws, prejudices, and imperfections as their counterparts
    So why not the same concern about Mutants discriminating against Queer Mutants? Or black ones? Or female Mutants
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #1243
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    So why not the same concern about Mutants discriminating against Queer Mutants? Or black ones? Or female Mutants
    Why do you assume they don't? There isn't much conversation by anyone in this forum about that, but if you want to make a thread for the subject I'll be all for it.

  14. #1244
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why do you assume they don't? There isn't much conversation by anyone in this forum about that, but if you want to make a thread for the subject I'll be all for it.
    Why make a separate thread? This is where people are voicing their concern about Mutants eating human babies.
    GrindrStone(D)

  15. #1245
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why make a separate thread? This is where people are voicing their concern about Mutants eating human babies.
    Technically, Krakoa can fall down without it being a divine punishment for unsavory practices.

    Poor Genoshans were exterminated without them agreeing with any Magneto's shenanigans…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •