Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1622
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sacrifices don't have to be dead to be sacrificed, she willingly allowed Apocalypse to kill her in a ritual created by Apocalypse himself. Only "strong" mutants get their powers back with their process. This process benefits Apocalypse, it gives him immense social influence among the populace and he gets a say in who gets to get their powers back. They play by his rules, not theirs.
    And then she was resurrected with her powers restored, which is precisely what she wanted. Where is the sacrifice? Anything she is giving up is only temporary.

Where it is established that Apocalypse gets any say in who receives Crucible and who doesn't? Now, that could be an interesting thing that might be explored, but I don't know if we can definitively say that is what is happening. It seems everyone can partake in Crucible if they choose to, they are obviously just not doing it all at once. it needs to be treated with respect, so that's one reason each individual gets the focus on them for their Crucible. The other practical reason is so mutants don't just casually throw their lives away to be placed in a queue, both treating their deaths without the required respect and potentially overwhelming the system.

This isn't even about death, it's about life. The powerless mutants reclaim their power not by passively waiting for a hand out, but denying victimhood for their rebirth. I don't think it matters the nature or "usefullness" or strength of their power. At least, that hasn't been made explicit so far.

That's all the Crucible is. It's built on his Survival of the Fittest ideology, and only the strong on krakoa get their power back. It's made by Apocalypse, initated by Apocalypse and judged by Apocalypse. You don't play by his rules, you don't get your powers back. He now holds every depowerred mutants future in his hands and the Quiet Council gave him that authority freely.
    You said information that isn’t true.

Any mutant that goes thru a Crucible gets their power back.

There is nothing saying •-[A]-• is getting “immense social influence.” You’re making that up.

He doesn’t get a say in who gets their powers back, this was Melody’s choice.

Why would Apocalypse pick Melody of all people to undergo the Crucible if he had a choice? He's had zero interest in her or the Guthrie family and her powers arent exactly one of a powerful mutant. Without any evidene to back it up, its a stretch to claim he chose her for the ritual based on some survival of the fittest ideology

BANNED

That's all the Crucible is. It's built on his Survival of the Fittest ideology, and only the strong on krakoa get their power back. It's made by Apocalypse, initated by Apocalypse and judged by Apocalypse. You don't play by his rules, you don't get your powers back. He now holds every depowerred mutants future in his hands and the Quiet Council gave him that authority freely.
    Back that up with pages from the books. As far as we can see, Apocalypse only oversees Crucible personally as the "obstacle". There's no evidence that the Council left him to his own devices. Apocalypse doesn't rule alone, neither does he try to overrule his peers or push for violent actions(as seen in every Council scene where we actually see him speak, save for when he was trying to stop Sinister's blabbing). Unless there was something on that boring ass Excalibur that I didn't read, because I hate that book.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Apocalypse using Crucible to gain social influence could be on the table. I don't think it would be jarring if that was revealed.

But there definitely isn't anything on the page so we could firmly see that that's the case. Not so far anyway.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"social Influence"?
    o--[A]--o is one of the three leaders of the QC.
    He's one of the oldest mutants alive.
    The very last thing he's concerned or even care about is having "social influence".

Why are we discussing this run with people who either...don't read the books or are just making stuff up...or both?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    "social Influence"?
    o--[A]--o is one of the three leaders of the QC.
    He's one of the oldest mutants alive.
    The very last thing he's concerned or even care about is having "social influence".

Why are we discussing this run with people who either...don't read the books or are just making stuff up...or both?
    It's better than discussing Tiger King with my sorority roommates ad nauseum
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It's better than discussing Tiger King with my sorority roommates ad nauseum
    Touche...Any type of discussion is certainly 1000 times better that that.

Carry on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Touche...Any type of discussion is certainly 1000 times better that that.

Carry on.
    but have you seen it tho???

lol j/k
    GrindrStone(D)

but have you seen it tho???

lol j/k
    Actually, I haven't.
    I've seen/read descriptions on my FB and T feeds and deduced that it's not at all something/someone that interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would Apocalypse pick Melody of all people to undergo the Crucible if he had a choice?
    He's still furious Aero gave him a scrunchie when she was his Secret Santa...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Unless there was something on that boring ass Excalibur that I didn't read, because I hate that book.
    lol Nope nothing there
    Actually, I haven't.
    I've seen/read descriptions on my FB and T feeds and deduced that it's not at all something/someone that interests me.
    lol me either Ive already seen Fatal Attractions from Animal Planet and and if Tiger King is better than that I dont want to see it...The one from Animal Planet was pretty good...pretty tragic... and horrific to...
    GrindrStone(D)

He's still furious Aero gave him a scrunchie when she was his Secret Santa...

lol Nope nothing there

lol me either Ive already seen Fatal Attractions from Animal Planet and and if Tiger King is better than that I dont want to see it...The one from Animal Planet was pretty good...pretty tragic... and horrific to...
    I'm kinda tempted about finishing watching Tiger King but I've watched the first episode and I was already kinda shook and I don't know if my guts can hold it. It was too weird and the fact it's true messed me up for some reason.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm kinda tempted about finishing watching Tiger King but I've watched the first episode and I was already kinda shook and I don't know if my guts can hold it. It was too weird and the fact it's true messed me up for some reason.
    I'm two episodes in. The second one is a triiiiiiiiiiiiip.

Yeah, but Apocalypse's idea of "strong" is based not in power but desire to live. Several of his Horsemen were physically crippled before he recruited them. Abraham Keiros was so badly injured he was unable to even breathe on his own. Yet his will to keep living even though he was probably never going to be able to even feed himself again impressed Apocalypse. Thus War was born.

This is kinda the same. how much do you really WANT it?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would Apocalypse pick Melody of all people to undergo the Crucible if he had a choice? He's had zero interest in her or the Guthrie family and her powers arent exactly one of a powerful mutant. Without any evidene to back it up, its a stretch to claim he chose her for the ritual based on some survival of the fittest ideology
    Yeah Apoccy asked her who she was before they started. Either it was a formal introduction, or he flat out had no idea who she was.