Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1622
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    So we’re gonna act like a literal cabal of hate groups didn’t get together, invade the island, and MURDER it’s leader during the first month of DOX. There’s literally no worse than you can get than that, soooo I really don’t think mutants should be bending over backwards to appease them. This argument only works if the hate groups haven’t done anything yet or have only committed minor crimes, but they’ve already invaded a sovereign nation, murdered a major political figure, and maimed and tortured mutants.
    Of course they did, that didn't dispute anything of what I said. That's not the worst case scenario, that'd be the hate groups convincing humanity to destroy Krakoa utterly and succeeding. Except that wasn't my argument, that's a straw man. Don't erase non-anti mutant bigot humans from the equation, and encourage Krkaoa to alienate them by doing things which make the war between humanity and mutants a self fulfilling prophecy, which many members of the Quiet Council spent their lives trying to make real in Marvel. This also ignores how many mutants have done exactly the same thing to humanity and other groups, including to mutants. And unlike in the real world in Marvel dangerous mutants who are actual thats to humanity are a thing and hundreds of them are in Krkaao up to its highest levels. There are more categories then hate groups and mutants who screw humanity, the X-men used to be one of them in fact. This is where mutants symbolising marginalised groups break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You don't understand, humans are completely justified in their genocides because mutants have been mean.
    Swing and a miss. For a title whose premise is base on politics its remiss to reduce the parties down to racists vs mutants when we both know it's more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Propaganda for hate groups doesn't need to convince "rational people" because those people are already fully functional and know that what they're doing is wrong.

You just need to convince the people with money that they can profit from prejudice.
    Except this is Marvel and mutant aren't 1=1 minority groups. There literally are evil mutants who will destroy countries and kill innocent people, including mutants!, to commit genocide, increase their bank account or make themselves king of the world. Rational people don't stay rational when hate groups don't need propaganda, especially if they had friends and families who were murdered in mutant terrorists campaigns. Events like the Magneto War and whenever Apocalypse is trying to destroy the world this week would increase their recruitment in the millions and all they'd need to do is exploit the aftermath, the evil mutants did all the work for them.

That convincing is more easier to do with what Emma did and they'll have more access to people who aren't fringe lunatics.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-10-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Of course they did, that didn't dispute anything of what I said. That's not the worst case scenario, that'd be the hate groups convincing humanity to destroy Krakoa utterly and succeeding. Except that wasn't my argument, that's a straw man. Don't erase non-anti mutant bigot humans from the equation, and encourage Krkaoa to alienate them by doing things which make the war between humanity and mutants a self fulfilling prophecy, which many members of the Quiet Council spent their lives trying to make real in Marvel. This also ignores how many mutants have done exactly the same thing to humanity and other groups, including to mutants. And unlike in the real world in Marvel dangerous mutants who are actual thats to humanity are a thing and hundreds of them are in Krkaao up to its highest levels. There are more categories then hate groups and mutants who screw humanity, the X-men used to be one of them in fact. This is where mutants symbolising marginalised groups break down
    When you blame the entire group of mutants for the actions of a few you're only validating the same metaphor you're criticizing.

"Unlike in the real world mutants are a real threat". Religious groups have preached that LGBTQI+ people will bring hell on Earth for centuries. Lots of LGBTQI+ ppl are actually against religion institutions because they are a threat to their lives. Does that make the religious institutions right in their hateful speech?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    When you blame the entire group of mutants for the actions of a few you're only validating the same metaphor you're criticizing.

"Unlike in the real world mutants are a real threat". Religious groups have preached that LGBTQI+ people will bring hell on Earth for centuries. Lots of LGBTQI+ ppl are actually against religion institutions because they are a threat to their lives. Does that make the religious institutions right in their hateful speech?
    Yep.

In the MU itself, we know that humans tried to destroy mutantkind in most, if not all of Moira's previous lives, and succeeded in most of them (though, as we saw in life #6, that also leads to humankind's extinction). Emma had nothing to do with it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Isn't this the fifth or sixth iteration of this "Krakoa is Doomed" topic?
    I could swear on the Bible, the Torah and the Bhagavad Gita that I've read these exact same arguments, almost word for word, not so long ago, in a thread that was subsequently closed?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post

This is where the metaphor breaks down, as if a single LGBT has the power of Magneto rock the world to its foundations with their super powers. I blame mutants who are killers, and who ruin peoples lives - the very same people who hurt mutants as much as everybody else in their crusade, not all mutants yet the same can't be said for humanity some humans are evil so they all must be evil. By that logic the mutant supremacists speak for all of mutant kind when they kill people. Hint: they don't, that's why the X-men fought them.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagyesV View Post
    Might agree or not but her telepathically influencing the world leaders to accept krakoa as a nation will play a major part of Krakoa downfall. her attention were mean to be good but i doubt the world leaders will see it that way. which would give mutant hate group the opportunity they have been waiting for. I dont hate the character but her methode is not always good for the x-men or mutantkind. I would not be surprise if krakoa been a nation been revoked or been a nation been revoked or declare enemy of the state. that just my opinion
    Then all of it better fall onto the shoulders of Xavier, he knew exactly was happening and even encouraged Emma to do so. She did what she had to do for her nation and people, unfortunately at the cost of her soul and if she has to suffer for her actions so do like 95% of the island who are all plotting behind the scenes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Then all of it better fall onto the shoulders of Xavier, he knew exactly was happening and even encouraged Emma to do so. She did what she had to do for her nation and people, unfortunately at the cost of her soul and if she has to suffer for her actions so do like 95% of the island who are all plotting behind the scenes!
    C'mon Emma has to suffer for something after getting away with 45849058. Just following orders never made the cut

Still not sure who I'm most afraid of on here out of the stans and anti-stans.

Changed the thread title so be more of a worthwhile discussion and less of a reason to dump on one character specifically.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Still doesn't change the fact that we've already had a few threads on the exact same topic...the last one being Counting Down to the Downfall or some such.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Racist humanity and their machines will attack Krakoa and kill thousands if not millions of mutants! The Avengers and Fantastic Four and other heroes will watch from the sidelines and wonder emotionally if they could have done something to save the mutants!

The machines turn on the humans and enslave humanity and Nimrod becomes ruler of the world! Nimrod hunts down and kills all of the heroes and villains of the world that have powers and could be a potential threat to him, killing or enslaving all the members of the Avengers and Fantastic Four!

So begins the Age of the Machines and Homo Novissima!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Moira. When that secret gets out people are going to be PISSED at Xavier and Magneto. That plus likely shenanigans from Quiet Council will completely destabilize the Krakoa government.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Racist humanity and their machines will attack Krakoa and kill thousands if not millions of mutants! The Avengers and Fantastic Four and other heroes will watch from the sidelines and wonder emotionally if they could have done something to save the mutants!

The machines turn on the humans and enslave humanity and Nimrod becomes ruler of the world! Nimrod hunts down and kills all of the heroes and villains of the world that have powers and could be a potential threat to him, killing or enslaving all the members of the Avengers and Fantastic Four!

So begins the Age of the Machines and Homo Novissima!
    If it's a choice between mutant domination or the Age of Machines and Homo Novissima it's no contest, Homo Novissima and machines all the way. I don't see the majority of humans living under mutant rule, some would but not many. Better to merge with the machines and evolve, at least that puts you on equal footing with mutants and you can win the inevitable war go come.

Krakoa will definitely collapse in the future (I believe Hickman said that somewhere and that he will be the one who ends after his run), and so far Mystique (under Destiny’s direction) seems like one of those factors. I believe there will be many other internal conflicts and events that will result in the destruction of Krakoa. Wasn’t Sinister up to something in his lab?

I am hoping Madelyne will also be a factor in taking down Krakoa. I highly doubt she was written as a One and Done in Hellions, and optimistic that Wells was planting the seeds to her returning and exacting revenge on everyone for both forgetting her and refusing to resurrect her.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Hey guys, what's going on-

...I don't know why I'm surprised.