Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Unless you believe in a after-life, isn't that our common fate?

The religions have tried to find a more acceptable outcome.
    The Ancients, on the other hand, believed that you can create a form of immortality through fame: the most heroic, courageous you are, more likely your name will be repeated throughout the ages with the stories of your exploits.
    Ozymandias is a sad king: nobody remembers him.

It don't know if it's depressing but comics don't make it easy for their characters: it's the true Crucible and it gives them the opportunity to show who they are.

Edit:
    Oh well
    I hope you'll join me in a drink to nihilism. My G&T is a bit salty from my tears, but still ......

(Seriously ,Is the Spider-Man forum more cheerful ?! )
    Last edited by Nigel909; 02-29-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Oh well
    I hope you'll join me in a drink to nihilism. My G&T is a bit salty from my tears, but still ......

(Seriously ,Is the Spider-Man forum more cheerful ?! )
    Why don't you give a try?

Personally, I always found Spider-man authors particularly sadistic and Spider-man quite sombre as a result.

But maybe it doesn't stop his fans to be cheerful (well, it didn't stop me: better read Spider-man stories than being Spider-man).

G&T? Gin-Tonic?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why don't you give a try?

Personally, I always found Spider-man authors particularly sadistic and Spider-man quite sombre as a result.

But maybe it doesn't stop his fans to be cheerful (well, it didn't stop me: better read Spider-man stories than being Spider-man).

G&T? Gin-Tonic?
    Gin and tonic , my favourite tipple .

I obviously got the wrong idea about Spider-Man !

But I have to say I love this forum . The variety of opinions and the well considered thoughts behind them makes me 're think everything , and in doing so hugely increased my enjoyment of the comics.

All the very best

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I'm not confusing anything, but... I'll go as far as to say the trying to bring Isreal into this as we're talking about Asgard and Atlantis... is in poor taste.
    I'll leave at that semantics aside.

I feel you I know at least one guy who is a norse pagan today, but its still colloquially known as mythology so we're gonna go with that.
    but did you miss the word "DON'T" in there somewhere? You DON'T want it to go back to misery on misery I take it.
    Gotcha.

You know. . . I think there's an option that isn't "Misery on top of Misery" and "KROKOA".

I further think there are example of crazy people living out separatist fantasies both in real life and through this fiction. You can have a happiness state for mutants AND live a normal life among the humans, and the truth is there are a lot of people who agree with Xaviers dream and all that it would have took was for a writer to write "Xaviers dream. LIVES" and go down that path instead of the Maximus Lobo "Dominant Species" kick that theyr'e on right now.

The Sentinels are the same level of problem as Ultron, in the 90's people loved the X-men and the idea that humans and superheroes conflict isn't even limited to just the X-books.
    In story it all boils down to 1. "We are your replacements" and 2. "What is the result of celestial manipulation" ... and now because of hickman asking questions its 3. Will A.i. be the thing that devours the universe. I mean damn, Mass Effect in full effect.

But there's a lot of no so quiet acceptance among the readership on the forums that makes me think I'm not sure they wanted superhero stories at all. . .

Personally I want:

Sunspot, Illyana Rasputin, and Mutliple Man ala Marvel's: The Justice League.

but this is what we got... we still don't have little kids growing up hoping to be mutants in the books like the way they'd want to be the avengers. etc etc.
    We will see human kids that grew up being fans of x-men, wanting to be x-men and becoming x-men on children of the atom

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    In HoX 6 Xavier says “all Mutants--*by birth*--can claim Krakoan citizenship.” This means whether the have been de-powered or not and from what I have read the only way to fail The Crucible is giving up in a fight against Apocalypse. Other than precogs there have been no stipulation based on type of powers whether or not a mutant can take part The Crucible.

So I guess if Jazz/John Zander was willing to take part in The Crucible to regain his blue skin he would be allowed.

Giving that he is dead I am sure they are in no rush to resurrect him because his powers are limited.

That said as the fight for control and power in Krakoa develop I can see someone resurrecting mutants like Jazz/John Zander and granting them gifts, in terms of additional powers.

I think this is where the Wills will come into play down the road.
    I am not talking about regaining a power like that...but would Apocalypse consider you worthy if you have such a minor power. Would he consider you one of the 'fit' in his survival of the fittest.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    We will see human kids that grew up being fans of x-men, wanting to be x-men and becoming x-men on children of the atom
    Thaaaat really wasn't the main idea of my post... buuuut sure. I cant comment on that becuase Im far from that book.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I am not talking about regaining a power like that...but would Apocalypse consider you worthy if you have such a minor power. Would he consider you one of the 'fit' in his survival of the fittest.
    I think he should just by virtue of them being mutants regardless of the militaristic potential of said mutant.

BROHOMO
    Are we being honest here? We're being hyperbolic aren't we? huh, good sir?

Because... DID THEY? I meeeeen Did they really?
    I'm gonna saaaaayy "KINDA, not really...?"
    Its NOT like they just absconded with every mutant overnight, and teleported every mutant detected by cerebro to the homeland wherever they're chilling having parties and orgies. Naaah, they've done a lot more than that. .
    I guess I'm unaware of the boisterous doings of the X-Men that makes them deserving to 'fall due to their hubris'
    Examples?

Wanting to see krakoa destroyed, and " Reading/enjoying the books" In NO WAY ideas antithetical to each other. Best to try to keep that in mind as it gets steeper in the next months .
    I guess I can't see the point or that someone would get enough enjoyment out of small things set in something larger that they don't like. I'm enjoys shows about powered up chars....esp mutants so I tried to watch The gifted...and Even tho the cuckoo's, Sage, and the Black chick were cool the rest of the cast/ESP storyline was hot garbage. I watched till the end skipping a few episodes but I def wouldn't say I enjoyed it or try to watch it again. The cool scenes with those chars just wasn't worth it
    Sometimes for many people the BEST part of seeing the heights of paradise is waiting to see how far is the fall (^_^)
    Ahhh sound like the type that RUIN Acid Trips lok
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I guess I'm unaware of the boisterous doings of the X-Men that makes them deserving to 'fall due to their hubris'
    Examples?

I guess I can't see the point or that someone would get enough enjoyment out of small things set in something larger that they don't like. I'm enjoys shows about powered up chars....esp mutants so I tried to watch The gifted...and Even tho the cuckoo's, Sage, and the Black chick were cool the rest of the cast/ESP storyline was hot garbage. I watched till the end skipping a few episodes but I def wouldn't say I enjoyed it or try to watch it again. The cool scenes with those chars just wasn't worth it

Ahhh sound like the type that RUIN Acid Trips lok
    I hope it's not too off topic to make a comment about The Gifted ?

I watched the whole thing but found it very painful . It was just too believable . I felt that it was exactly what would happen if mutants appeared in the real world .The unthinking cruelty and even thinking deliberate cruelty , parents turning on their kids , it was all too real .

And that is why I've hated the last 15 years of x men and love Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Mutants are getting too many enemies with this new direction. And it's obvious they won't be able to face all of them when they strike all at once:

+ Xeno: This new organization that seems to be doing anything to end up mutants, including to create "super-soldiers" designed genetically to kill mutants.

+ Homines Verendi: It creeps me out they are all children, but it's obvious they are all dangerous, powerful and resourceful. It's like Human's answer to the Mutant members of the Hellfire Club.

+ Dracula and the Vampire nation: Because of Wolverine's blood, Dracula now can walk by the day, and THAT is a big disaster. He has a mole in Krakoa with Omega Red. Whatever Dracula is plotting, without a doubt, Mutant's blood will be spilled.

+ Dr Doom: The current crossover X-Men/Fantastic Four clearly proves Doom has his eyes on Krakoa. Mutants look down to all humans now, but they are crazy if they actually believe they have a chance against Victor von Doom. I mean, for Pete's Sake! It's Dr Doom!! A man who has crossed so many lines to become "the God", and rule everything. And Mutants just get into conflict with the Fantastic Four, the only ones capable to stop him. If Mutants think they have surpass Doom, they are more imbeciles than they look.

+ Inner traitors: How can the X-Men be so idiots to welcome to their house the likes of Mr Sinister, Apocalypse or Sebastian Shaw. These creeps have clearly their own agendas, agendas that will clearly won't match Xavier's interests. And when they start these agendas, they are going to get in big troubles. They have already been betrayed by Sebastian Shaw (as he killed Kitty Pryde), they don't even consider this possibility and they blamed humans. Surely when realize this traitions, it will be too late for them. There's also Mystique, who is already plotting to destroy Krakoa because of Destiny's warnings. (I can't wat for this).

+ Orchis: This organization is gaining power quickly, to the point that they are already creating Nimrods. The X-Men's attack caused the survivors to be even more motivated to exterminate Mutants, and it's quite probable that Mystique, following Destiny's instructions, will help them (secretly) to destroy Krakoa.

+ Xavier: I don't get what's with Charles Xavier's herlmet, but I bet is nothing good. I believe it's a device to increase his own powers and manipulate people as puppets. That's how he made OTAN recognize Krakoa as a nation, and how he's making Mutants who morally questions Krakoa's ways (like the Crucible) to accept them. If I'm right, when this is discovered, I believe Cyclops will blast his head once again.

Sooner or later, all this will combine in a force that the X-Men won't be able to stop, not even with all Mutants at their side. After this, I'm pretty sure Mutants will be back to square one, hated more than ever and on the verge of extinction again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Mutants are getting too many enemies with this new direction. And it's obvious they won't be able to face all of them when they strike all at once:

+ Xeno: This new organization that seems to be doing anything to end up mutants, including to create "super-soldiers" designed genetically to kill mutants.

+ Homines Verendi: It creeps me out they are all children, but it's obvious they are all dangerous, powerful and resourceful. It's like Human's answer to the Mutant members of the Hellfire Club.

+ Dracula and the Vampire nation: Because of Wolverine's blood, Dracula now can walk by the day, and THAT is a big disaster. He has a mole in Krakoa with Omega Red. Whatever Dracula is plotting, without a doubt, Mutant's blood will be spilled.

+ Dr Doom: The current crossover X-Men/Fantastic Four clearly proves Doom has his eyes on Krakoa. Mutants look down to all humans now, but they are crazy if they actually believe they have a chance against Victor von Doom. I mean, for Pete's Sake! It's Dr Doom!! A man who has crossed so many lines to become "the God", and rule everything. And Mutants just get into conflict with the Fantastic Four, the only ones capable to stop him. If Mutants think they have surpass Doom, they are more imbeciles than they look.

+ Inner traitors: How can the X-Men be so idiots to welcome to their house the likes of Mr Sinister, Apocalypse or Sebastian Shaw. These creeps have clearly their own agendas, agendas that will clearly won't match Xavier's interests. And when they start these agendas, they are going to get in big troubles. They have already been betrayed by Sebastian Shaw (as he killed Kitty Pryde), they don't even consider this possibility and they blamed humans. Surely when realize this traitions, it will be too late for them. There's also Mystique, who is already plotting to destroy Krakoa because of Destiny's warnings. (I can't wat for this).

+ Orchis: This organization is gaining power quickly, to the point that they are already creating Nimrods. The X-Men's attack caused the survivors to be even more motivated to exterminate Mutants, and it's quite probable that Mystique, following Destiny's instructions, will help them (secretly) to destroy Krakoa.

+ Xavier: I don't get what's with Charles Xavier's herlmet, but I bet is nothing good. I believe it's a device to increase his own powers and manipulate people as puppets. That's how he made OTAN recognize Krakoa as a nation, and how he's making Mutants who morally questions Krakoa's ways (like the Crucible) to accept them. If I'm right, when this is discovered, I believe Cyclops will blast his head once again.

Sooner or later, all this will combine in a force that the X-Men won't be able to stop, not even with all Mutants at their side. After this, I'm pretty sure Mutants will be back to square one, hated more than ever and on the verge of extinction again.
    mutants stoped bastion on barely 200, what you are describing is a fix to the x-mens immensly empty and boring rogue's galery, but the x-men have faced worse in the messiah trilogy with much less man power and resources

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    mutants stoped bastion on barely 200, what you are describing is a fix to the x-mens immensly empty and boring rogue's galery, but the x-men have faced worse in the messiah trilogy with much less man power and resources
    Boring? Excuse me, pal; But I don't think having Dr Doom or Dracula as enemies is a laughing matter. Besides, on Bastion's case, the universe was on their side because they were a tiny group fighting for their survival. This is now a nation of millions whose leaders are trying to take over the world and eliminate everything in their path. It's called Karma, and the X-Men are asking for a big beatdown.

BANNED

Boring? Excuse me, pal; But I don't think having Dr Doom or Dracula as enemies is a laughing matter. Besides, on Bastion's case, the universe was on their side because they were a tiny group fighting for their survival. This is now a nation of millions whose leaders are trying to take over the world and eliminate everything in their path. It's called Karma, and the X-Men are asking for a big beatdown.
    ... that is what I said, that the additions are good... because before the x-men rogue galery was rough, please read what I said.
    we literaly rotated betwen 5 villains before this.
    dont bring up karma cause genosha and m day are still waiting theirs, and its not even millions living in the island holy moly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    ... that is what I said, that the additions are good... because before the x-men rogue galery was rough, please read what I said.
    we literaly rotated betwen 5 villains before this.
    dont bring up karma cause genosha and m day are still waiting theirs, and its not even millions living in the island holy moly
    Genosha and M-Day are proves about why Krakoa is going to fall. Mutant's insist on putting all eggs in the same basket, and this is what happens. Genosha was took over by Magneto after taking the world hostage with his powers, and M-Day was created by a manipulation of Magneto to his daughter (when she was still his daughter). Now Mutants try to become the dominant species on the planet and rule over humanity.... They are literally asking for a new Decimation all over.

BANNED

Genosha and M-Day are proves about why Krakoa is going to fall. Mutant's insist on putting all eggs in the same basket, and this is what happens. Genosha was took over by Magneto after taking the world hostage with his powers, and M-Day was created by a manipulation of Magneto to his daughter (when she was still his daughter). Now Mutants try to become the dominant species on the planet and rule over humanity.... They are literally asking for a new Decimation all over.
    it was quicksilver first of all, and this is all a lot of exageration cause genosha was a respected nation state with magneto years after his take over, the sentinel atack was unrelated to him.
    this is just a lot of reaching