Page 14 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it was quicksilver first of all, and this is all a lot of exageration cause genosha was a respected nation state with magneto years after his take over, the sentinel atack was unrelated to him.
    this is just a lot of reaching
    OK, my bad about Quicksilver. But still, even in this reality, Magneto acted like a monster; so Wanda made sure karma was turned against him with "No More Mutants". And Magneto was plotting a war against humanity from Genosha, so he just got what he was asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, my bad about Quicksilver. But still, even in this reality, Magneto acted like a monster; so Wanda made sure karma was turned against him with "No More Mutants". And Magneto was plotting a war against humanity from Genosha, so he just got what he was asking for it.
    So depriving millions of mutants of what made them mutants is Magneto getting what he asked for?

Weirdest genocidal apologist logic I've seen yet, but do go on.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So depriving millions of mutants of what made them mutants is Magneto getting what he asked for?

(*Facepalm*) Never heard of something called "irony"? One thing is to create a safe place for a group of socially rejected individuals who are persecuted to death, and another thing is use them to create an army to conquer the planet for the "superior race". (Quite cynical Magneto, as he was a survivor of the Holocaust but his ideology is very similar to Nazi's). Magneto is obsessed with declaring war on humanity to conquer Earth, and each time he tries, karma turns against him by putting the mutants on even worse situation than before. Magneto wants a war, but he doesn't consider consequences from it. Magneto sees himself as the protector of Mutants, but when he ruled Earth on House of M, he acted just like th ehumans who oppressed Mutants. Being punished this way is what's called "poetic justice".

This fact must have eluded me. I considered Genosha as state governed by an authoritative and paranoid Magneto. When Genosha was destroyed, they have shown pictures of an peaceful and happy society.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Well, Wanda could have done worse. She could have wiped them out: it's another translation of 'no more mutants'…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    This fact must have eluded me. I considered Genosha as state governed by an authoritative and paranoid Magneto. When Genosha was destroyed, they have shown pictures of an peaceful and happy society.
    Well, it did happen. During his rule on Genosha, Magneto was plotting to start a campaign of global conquest after the eradication of the Legacy Virus. He plotted to launch a massive attack an conquer one country at the time. The X-Men stopped him, and a little time later, Cassandra Nova launched her attack with the Wild Sentinels, killing almost all the mutants in the island.

Well, it did happen. During his rule on Genosha, Magneto was plotting to start a campaign of global conquest after the eradication of the Legacy Virus. He plotted to launch a massive attack an conquer one country at the time. The X-Men stopped him, and a little time later, Cassandra Nova launched her attack with the Wild Sentinels, killing almost all the mutants in the island.
    Thanks for your answer.

Astonishing Member

It's Magneto, it'd be out of character for him not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's Magneto, it'd be out of character for him not to do that.
    Magneto has so many faces that authors can make him do anything and he stays in-character.
    In addition to the fact that madman Magneto is not the one I prefer, it was reckless to do that when he had, finally, what he wanted.

Astonishing Member

Magneto has so many faces that authors can make him do anything and he stays in-character.
    In addition to the fact that madman Magneto is not the one I prefer, it was reckless to do that when he had, finally, what he wanted.
    Magneto's a character who returns to being a terrorist and tyrant, since that's what readers want him to be. Its entrenched into his DNA as a character, they can progressive's him all they want he'll default back into that. He continued that while he was a depowered anti-hero, too. That was faithful characterisation of someone who traumatised so badly they became as bad as their enemies. That is the morality tale of Magneto, it's why it never makes any sense for the X-men to welcome back so often. The man is a monster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Magneto's a character who returns to being a terrorist and tyrant, since that's what readers want him to be. Its entrenched into his DNA as a character, they can progressive's him all they want he'll default back into that. He continued that while he was a depowered anti-hero, too. That was faithful characterisation of someone who traumatised so badly they became as bad as their enemies. That is the morality tale of Magneto, it's why it never makes any sense for the X-men to welcome back so often. The man is a monster.
    This characterization of Magneto hasnt been true in over 15 years tho. Magneto has usually bounced back and forth from Hero to anti-hero with him very rarely venturing into total villainy.

They've tried it. But fans don't want Tyrant Magneto anymore.

Well It was.... Which was pretty impressive considering all the upheavals the country had recently gone through

(*Facepalm*) Never heard of something called "irony"? One thing is to create a safe place for a group of socially rejected individuals who are persecuted to death, and another thing is use them to create an army to conquer the planet for the "superior race". (Quite cynical Magneto, as he was a survivor of the Holocaust but his ideology is very similar to Nazi's)
    WoW! Exaggerate much? Magneto didn't 'use' them He led them. The Genoshans were already brimming for some well deserved payback after those suffering from the Legacy Virus was cured. But I mean who could blame them....Their nightmarish enslaved existence came to an end bu Genosha's peace soon ended after the Magistrates led the human Genoshans into a Civil War, even after that was stopped, the Legacy Virus was devastating their population. It would take a Saint to have gone through what they did having their lives totally controlled by someone, and not retaliate with violence once they held greater power. But Does Magneto turn Genosha complete inhospitable to Humans like Hitler pursued during his campaign against the "Untermensch" No! We've seen him with on friendly terms with plenty of Humans, Stevie Hunter, Nurse +Coach from New Mutants, Lee Forrester, Even on Genosha he had that Gengineer as part of his inner circle on Genosha. He didn't round them up to be sent to death camps. So No His ideology was not very similar to the Nazis

Magneto is obsessed with declaring war on humanity to conquer Earth, and each time he tries, karma turns against him by putting the mutants on even worse situation than before. Magneto wants a war, but he doesn't consider consequences from it. Magneto sees himself as the protector of Mutants, but when he ruled Earth on House of M, he acted just like th ehumans who oppressed Mutants. Being punished this way is what's called "poetic justice".
    That's not the def of karma. If I stain the nice shirt of a friend cleaning my spill, and a lil later your shirt get stained, its a coincidence. your karma is what YOU put out in the world not someone else. Eh not EXACTLY like the Humans...There were not Sentinels designed for hunting and capturing Humans...just to keep Mutants safe. Humans # were declining but they were not rounded up in camps by his government like Weapon X and Neverland, Captain Marvel (a known human) was the most popular superhero. Please tell me how that's worse than the 616 for both people?

Well, Wanda could have done worse. She could have wiped them out: it's another translation of 'no more mutants'…
    She pretty much did. Her actions here constitute a genocidal attempt. Her intent was the systematic removal of the Mutants regardless if they were men, women, kids, heroes, villians

Well, it did happen. During his rule on Genosha, Magneto was plotting to start a campaign of global conquest after the eradication of the Legacy Virus. He plotted to launch a
    massive attack an conquer one country at the time. The X-Men stopped him, and a little time later, Cassandra Nova launched her attack with the Wild Sentinels, killing almost all the mutants in the island.
    Dude, Magneto was stopped the Xmen left him bleeding after being gutted by Wolverine, Charles telepathically told the population they could either follow in Magneto's footsteps or choose the path to peace.
    The chose peace.

Nope....No he wasn't...He wasn't doing anything but trying to recover from his fight with Wolverine......Even if that was true, that he was planning another attack on humanity Cassassandra wouldn't have known about it. The Sentinels would have still been deployed to destroy Genosha
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This characterization of Magneto hasnt been true in over 15 years tho. Magneto has usually bounced back and forth from Hero to anti-hero with him very rarely venturing into total villainy.

They like tyrant Magneto right now.

In Manifest Destiny he activated Sentinels to wipe out the X-men in San Fransisco. Magneto is reckless with his powers endangering humans like they're nothing, Polaris chides him for this - in "Secret Wars."

Magneto's solution to the conflict in "Civil War II" is to kill Ulysses.

He made an agreement with Psylocke to kill him if he regressed to being a terrorist again (he did) so she killed him, in "Inhumans vs X-men."

He made a deal with HYDRA! Captain America to have a mutant nation in California when HYDRA conquered America.

Recently in "House of X" he indirectly threatened humanity that the mutants in Krakatoa are their gods now.

Astonishing Member

Mutants are getting too many enemies with this new direction. And it's obvious they won't be able to face all of them when they strike all at once:

+ Xeno: This new organization that seems to be doing anything to end up mutants, including to create "super-soldiers" designed genetically to kill mutants.

+ Homines Verendi: It creeps me out they are all children, but it's obvious they are all dangerous, powerful and resourceful. It's like Human's answer to the Mutant members of the Hellfire Club.

+ Dracula and the Vampire nation: Because of Wolverine's blood, Dracula now can walk by the day, and THAT is a big disaster. He has a mole in Krakoa with Omega Red. Whatever Dracula is plotting, without a doubt, Mutant's blood will be spilled.

+ Dr Doom: The current crossover X-Men/Fantastic Four clearly proves Doom has his eyes on Krakoa. Mutants look down to all humans now, but they are crazy if they actually believe they have a chance against Victor von Doom. I mean, for Pete's Sake! It's Dr Doom!! A man who has crossed so many lines to become "the God", and rule everything. And Mutants just get into conflict with the Fantastic Four, the only ones capable to stop him. If Mutants think they have surpass Doom, they are more imbeciles than they look.

+ Inner traitors: How can the X-Men be so idiots to welcome to their house the likes of Mr Sinister, Apocalypse or Sebastian Shaw. These creeps have clearly their own agendas, agendas that will clearly won't match Xavier's interests. And when they start these agendas, they are going to get in big troubles. They have already been betrayed by Sebastian Shaw (as he killed Kitty Pryde), they don't even consider this possibility and they blamed humans. Surely when realize this traitions, it will be too late for them. There's also Mystique, who is already plotting to destroy Krakoa because of Destiny's warnings. (I can't wat for this).

+ Orchis: This organization is gaining power quickly, to the point that they are already creating Nimrods. The X-Men's attack caused the survivors to be even more motivated to exterminate Mutants, and it's quite probable that Mystique, following Destiny's instructions, will help them (secretly) to destroy Krakoa.

+ Xavier: I don't get what's with Charles Xavier's herlmet, but I bet is nothing good. I believe it's a device to increase his own powers and manipulate people as puppets. That's how he made OTAN recognize Krakoa as a nation, and how he's making Mutants who morally questions Krakoa's ways (like the Crucible) to accept them. If I'm right, when this is discovered, I believe Cyclops will blast his head once again.

Sooner or later, all this will combine in a force that the X-Men won't be able to stop, not even with all Mutants at their side. After this, I'm pretty sure Mutants will be back to square one, hated more than ever and on the verge of extinction again.
    You're forgetting Children of the Vault they are the greatest threat! Already storm is on borrowed time after her ass was put on blast : ) Also I think putting Darwin in there for recon may backfire since he may evolve beyond mutant and for all intents the Vault is his sojourn for 537 years while he lived on earth like 20? The math doesn't add up to anything Krakoans will like!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

The problem is the frontier between anti-hero and total villainy tends to blur recently in the comics in a world where people who can be references as undeniable and respected heroes are less frequent.

Anyway, what are these heroes are useful for if they cannot prevent feared mutants from being persecuted?
    Eventually, heroes are just humans: they cannot do miracles. They can just show they care and try to do something about. I remember the Silver Surfer confronted with human poverty and misery, doing what he could do, but eventually feeling powerless…

But the range of some mutants' powers is so huge that they can do miracles, so a nation of mutants…
    There is probably no action that they would exclude, even the villainous ones, if they think it can ensure that they live in security, if not thrive. Like Magneto did.

Claremont was careful not to push persecution against mutants to the extremities for the X-men (except in alternate realities) not to be in the delicate situation of stopping being heroes. Magneto, during his run, did villainous things just by fear of the humans could do, would do, not what they did.