Page 19 of 109 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This may be a little off topic ,but once you catch my drift maybe this will help the thread, just today I was listening to an old rock song and I swear it was as if it was a Krakoa anthem.The song I'm talking about is Deftones 'Knife Party' hehehe the crazy scream was like Destiny screaming to all Krakoa .What a weird vibe Krakoa has...In here we are all anaemic ,in here anaemic is sweet.

Guys and gals which modern songs typify Krakoa? Another one that springs to mind with the immortality ESPECIALLY after Aero's resurrection is Sunna's 'Power Struggle.'

We should come up with more songs
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-04-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This may be a little off topic ,but once you catch my drift maybe this will help the thread, just today I was listening to an old rock song and I swear it was as if it was a Krakoa anthem.The song I'm talking about is Deftones 'Knife Party' hehehe the crazy scream was like Destiny screaming to all Krakoa .What a weird vibe Krakoa has...In here we are all anaemic ,in here anaemic is sweet.

Guys and gals which modern songs typify Krakoa? Another one that springs to mind with the immortality ESPECIALLY after Aero's resurrection is Sunna's 'Power Struggle.'

How about some Blake ?

Every night and every morn
    Some to misery are born
    Every morn and every night
    Some are born to sweet delight
    Some are born to sweet delight
    Some are born to endless night.

I get the feeling that some posters here think the mutants " should know their place " and resign themselves to endless night.
    No sweet delight for " Marvels Merry Mutants" , as they were once known.
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-04-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

Previously i mentioned the possibility that Magneto and Xavier's grand unexplained masterplan might be based around becoming Homo novissima in stead of normal humanity first, in a "one person's nightmare, another person's dream" kind of way.
    Essentialy looking at these folks in Moira's six life and thinking of them as a desireable goal for mutants, rather than a grand enemy. After all it was noted that normal humans and machines/AIs just diverted the mutants' attention while these guys replaced normal humans as the main form of humanity.

What else are the Chimeras but just a way to reach for the same goal of "omni-powered" people via on purpose modification to their own? Avoiding the problematic randomness in powers of natural born mutants?
    Meanwhile the life improving drugs (of which the current 3 were noted to just be the first line) are not only very well suited to make war with Krakoa undesirable for other nations, but also have the potential to stunt the development of normal human technology, together with Krakoas clean organic machines.
    Why buy from medical companies when Krakoa's medicine is cheaper, adepts to your condition and has no side effects? Why buy a new I-phone every year when the K-phone is constantly evolving by itself? Why buy a car that needs to be fueled or plugged when a krakoa car just needs water and sunlight to be repowered in 2 hours and drives for 500 miles? Why eat flesh from lifestock when Krakoa meat has everything you need, tastes better and makes you slim no matter how much you eat?
    Meanwhile normal humans might simply forget or get ignorant of their own mechanic/digital technology until mutants offer the free upgrade to their life, becomming a chimera style mutant too.
    We allready know 5 normals who would be all to happy to join by the look of it.
    That Apocalypse, who is becomming increasingly prominent in Krakoa's cliché tribalistic culture building, is getting re-imagined as "stern father figure" is also interesting, considering he is allready like a proto homo novissima allready skin color included.

After all, what else would Xavier and Magneto's big plan be? Party like it's 1999 until the world became all mutants with 99% worthless powers and just keep going like that forever? To have such a weak form super powered humanity, while they have seen "greatness" in Moira's sixth life?
    Likewise to let mutantkind become divided among levels of super powers when they allready achieved the technology to give everyone the same great powers?

Even excluding the possibility that becomming Homo Novissima is their big plan. The whole current direction adds too many world changing effects if it's meant to keep going on this scale, which breaks with the Marvel Universe foundation of being "our world but with super tech/powers in small numbers".
    After all Tony's iron man tech will never become mainstream. Reed Richards inventions will never make humanity a space nation. Normal schools will never teach magic ala Hogwarts.
    These possibilities are reserved for what if... and alternate universe stories.
    Unlike Wakanda, the Savage Land or Doom's little nation, who are all based around being "hidden kingdoms/worlds" kind of deal, Krakoa is directly meant to affect the rest of the world by design. So it bites with the status quo of the rest of the marvel universe and it's 70+ years of history who in turn are where the money is at for Marvel and Disney.
    Hence why it seems so obvious to me that it fail and/or be reverted.

The question in the end is just HOW and WHY it will go that way?

Which brings me to something i haven't seen mentioned much. What if everything about Moira's new status quo is a LIE?
    HOX/POX started with ZERO build up. It just happend and introduced a massive retcon to the x-men mythos. A retcon based around the idea that a single human could reboot an entire universe via her powers by dying. That 9 previous versions of the marvel universe happend as she remembered and ceased to exist as she died. That she has made Xaiver and Magneto follow this specific plan for the entirety of the prevous decades of continuity rather than what we've seen in all of these books that came before. That all of this is actualy real. Because it's so now?

It seems most readers accepted the whole thing so far, because that's how super hero comics work right? Some new writer comes in and just retcons an entire foundation of a character, group, or the entire world. Suddently Krypton isn't a far away planet that exploded, it's actualy future Earth. Suddently Spiderman didn't gain superpowers from a radioctive/gene spliced spider but because he is actualy a Spider God awakening from that bite. Suddently Narmor isn't king of Atlantis but just the king's fool not in on the joke.
    EDIT:I made those three up, but if you were trying to remember those for even a second, it shows how much heavy retcons have become normality.
    Readers have mostly become used to these and often just complain or accept it, rather than question if it's meant to be real.

But what if Moira's retcon is not infact a real world retcon but an in universe one? What if it's actualy artifical and the entire current direction is meant to be build on a lie and deception that everyone just accepts as fact, the reader included?
    Remember that line in the movie Inception about never remembering the beginning of a dream? Well this starts pretty dreamy with all the necessary groundwork allready done via a neat big retcon. Everything allready set in motition. Everything allready build. Everyone allready convinced to join and not divert themself along things like morality, cultural backround or personal history.

Who wrote those info pages in every Issue currently? These aren't just for the readers. These are written as in universe documents. Someone who is aware of everything including the very nature of massive time and space spanning hive minds and 9 universes said to have ceased to exist. So who has written them and who was or is meant to read them?

Hickman said no time travel is involved in Hox/Pox but that doesn't include rewriting memories, creating a copy of a deceased person and covincing a living mutant island to be in on the plan.

That scene of Doug touching leafs and sitting in a three way chat with Warlock and Krakoa could of course be a red herring. But it might also be forshadowing.

In the end that's all i'm seeing. Either a storyline leading to destruction and harming the entire identity of these heros in the long run. Or an unsustainable direction that just will make it worse when it all breaks appart by the pressure of it's super hero comic nature.
    This of course is all opinion and personal speculation so feel free to ignore it and just have fun with a direction you like and hope to see continue.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-04-2020 at 02:58 PM.

It takes a unique perspective to think cheering for a "corporation" is a positive change in comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I get the feeling that some posters here think the mutants " should know their place " and resign themselves to endless night.
    No sweet delight for " Marvels Merry Mutants" , as they were once known.
    Why is their "place" with mutant supremacists? They're a comic book franchise, conflict is inherent in their media - including Krakatoa. They're in wars with several groups at the moment.

You think the X-men are incapable of breaking the status quo and make their own government without their hands being held by Mr.Sinister, Apocalypse, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw and numerous other mutant villainous groups?

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    It takes a unique perspective to think cheering for a "corporation" is a positive change in comics.
    When the outcasts want to be the establishment…

It reminds me a Lucky Luke strip starring a guy inspired by Robin Hood:
    — Jesse! Look at this strong box! We're rich!
    — Ah know - that's what's botherin' me…
    Y'see, Robin Hood stole from the rich an' gave to the poor, an'…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

My question is this: where do we go after Krakoa fails? I can't see the US allowing any mutant back on American soil and living in a mansion. But I can see it as yet another extinction level period which I absolutely abhor at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    My question is this: where do we go after Krakoa fails? I can't see the US allowing any mutant back on American soil and living in a mansion. But I can see it as yet another extinction level period which I absolutely abhor at this point.
    Luckily Hickman has cleverly built in a self-destruct-reset button into his run with Moira. All he has to do is kill her before he leaves and Marvel is free to reset the X-Men to their older status quo. It won't come for a couple years yet, but I'd put money down on that's how his run ends. He loves symmetry. Look at his FF run. Look at his Avengers run. Look at Secret Wars. They all end as they began essentially, oftentimes down to the same dialog/captions.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post

This should be one of the KraKoan theme songs regarding the Human pop.

"Leave me alone
    Drunk as fuck
    Bitch you dumb as fuck
    Running up the bucks (damn, ay)
    Leave me alone
    Drunk as fuck
    Bitch you dumb as fuck
    Bitch you down or what? (Ya)
    Leave me alone
    Drunk as fuck
    Bitch you dumb as fuck
    Running up the bucks (damn, ay)
    Leave me alone"
    Leave me alone by Flipp Dinero
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Krakoa is a mainstay, no one wants to see the x-mansion blow up for the 14564th time. Lets move forward, shall we?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Krakoa is a mainstay, no one wants to see the x-mansion blow up for the 14564th time. Lets move forward, shall we?
    Are you forgetting what happened to Genosha?

I like my mutants like I like my country....stagnant, unnecessarily authoritative , and homogenized.
    GrindrStone(D)

Or...and this might be shocking...but the mansion can just not blow up. No one needs it to blow up.
    And there's ways to go forward without weird plant cult island and Hickman's nonsense.

There are humans that are allowed on Krakoa, i wish ya'll would stop acting like its the 4th reich. Mutants aren't rounding up humans and executing them like humans have done to mutants. Stop it.