Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Diplomatic immunity.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman Law > USA Laws.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hickman Law > USA Laws.
    Yeah , I think that's the best answer !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's understood that once a mutant decides to live on Krakoa he/she are Krakoan, lving under Krakoan Laws and are not subject to the laws of their previous/renounced citizenship and country there-of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Well I really wasn't thinking of Melody in that post , just some general thoughts on world building and where the Krakoan people might want to go.

As far as international law goes in this matter I would confess total ignorance , though I note BroHomo s comment.

International law in the 616 is clearly ridiculous ,diplomatic immunity , amnesty , mutants coming and going freely through the gates , no passport checks , Emma just turning up in a court and taking Sabertooth , all nonsense . Krakoa clearly has a unique legal position. And aren't all mutants automatically Krakoan citizens ?
    In other words , who knows ?!
    And this is where part of my issue with all this is....if they are now Krakoan...why are they coming and going all over the world and ignoring borders and laws of other countries? Why are other countries letting them?? I want to see a country burn down the gate...then issue a statement that mutants are welcome...so long as they follow the immigration laws of the country and come thru a valid port of entry and clear customs.

The whole "we are giving you advanced medicines so you give us what we want" only goes so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And this is where part of my issue with all this is....if they are now Krakoan...why are they coming and going all over the world and ignoring borders and laws of other countries? Why are other countries letting them?? I want to see a country burn down the gate...then issue a statement that mutants are welcome...so long as they follow the immigration laws of the country and come thru a valid port of entry and clear customs.

The whole "we are giving you advanced medicines so you give us what we want" only goes so far.
    We obviously know nothing of the deal Xavier made with the UN and clearly Russia and others do post guards at the gates.
    But your quite right of course , at some point nations might start saying , stuff your drugs we managed without them before , we can again . We want OUR sovereignty.

On the other hand , given the current virus outbrake , they might just say give us drugs , we'll do anything you want !

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Gates aside...that's what they've always done, via the X-Jets or teleportation.
    They've never once "followed the immigration laws...thru a valid port of entry and clear customs". Also, None of the other Superheroes do that so why should they? And why should they start now?
    Besides...consider this scenario...Monsters are decimating Brazil, South America and the supers there can't contain them so they call on the Avengers...by the time they get through customs, SA could be devastated and all the citizenry dead.
    What you're suggesting is highly impractical from a story-telling point of view.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

We obviously know nothing of the deal Xavier made with the UN and clearly Russia and others do post guards at the gates.
    But your quite right of course , at some point nations might start saying , stuff your drugs we managed without them before , we can again . We want OUR sovereignty.

On the other hand , given the current virus outbrake , they might just say give us drugs , we'll do anything you want !
    Are you suggesting that Krakoa released the Corona Virus to push the need for their drugs??

But seriously...with a virus on the lose you would think they would want to restrict migration and do what they could to make sure people are not carrying a virus all over the world.

The Gates aside...that's what they've always done, via the X-Jets or teleportation.
    They've never once "followed the immigration laws...thru a valid port of entry and clear customs". Also, None of the other Superheroes do that so why should they? And why should they start now?
    Besides...consider this scenario...Monsters are decimating Brazil, South America and the supers there can't contain them so they call on the Avengers...by the time they get through customs, SA could be devastated and all the citizenry dead.
    What you're suggesting is highly impractical from a story-telling point of view.
    As far as operating on a mission or limited travel...we are now talking mass global migration of thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-09-2020 at 11:48 AM.

An honest and genuine question:
    For those who are vehemently "Anti-Krakoa" and consider HiX-Man's writing to be "OOC" "PIS" and "nonsense"...after months and many issues in, why are you still reading it?
    If it is "doomed to fail" as some of you predict, why are some of you still supporting this run? (It's not as though, HiX-Man and Co. are paying close attention to the "concerns" and are assiduously making notes to change their stories/plots/characterisations to suit the notions of a disgruntled few).

When I read the first three issues of Fraction's Utopia...I quickly realised that I would not enjoy his X-Men/writing going forward and I stopped reading and buying and spent my money on more enjoyable books. It seemed like the very sensible thing to do at the time, even as an avowed "X-Fanbot".

So again...Why?
    If you ask sincerely, be assured that my answer is sincere and I don't mean to offend you. Then:

I'm not "supporting this run" and I'm fascinated by all these people who are "Pro-Krakoa" despite the fact that, if these Krakoans existed, they would look down on them because these poor humans have not the right pedigree, they don't have cool powers and will age and die without resuscitating: it's a private club, not a political movement.

I don't understand, that's all. And I probably never will. After, it is just a fiction, it has no consequences in the real world, the only one that truly counts.
    Something that I find uplifting, it has effects on me… but something I don't feel any connection to, it does nothing for me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

sigh.

They're going into other countries to shepard mutants to Krakoa. Some countries are allowing them such as USA and Japan (in Marauders) because they agreed after the UN meeting in Powers of X.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Are you suggesting that Krakoa released the Corona Virus to push the need for their drugs??

But seriously...with a virus on the lose you would think they would want to restrict migration and do what they could to make sure people are not carrying a virus all over the world.

As far as operating on a mission or limited travel...we are now talking mass global migration of thousands/hundreds of thousands/millions??
    Lol ! I doubt even new , amoral Xavier would stoop to that , but he's not the only scientist on the island is he ?! 😂
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-09-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

sigh.

They're going into other countries to shepard mutants to Krakoa. Some countries are allowing them such as USA and Japan (in Marauders) because they agreed after the UN meeting in Powers of X.
    But they do not need to allow gates and give unrestricted access for that. They can allow a plane or boat to meet people at a point of entry to the country and take them that way. And mutants are not just using these gates to get to Krakoa...they are using the to go wherever they want (where a gate is established) and ignore customs

But they do not need to allow gates and give unrestricted access for that. They can allow a plane or boat to meet people at a point of entry to the country and take them that way. And mutants are not just using these gates to get to Krakoa...they are using the to go wherever they want (where a gate is established) and ignore customs
    sigh

obviously they set up the gates to pull off an underground railroad type of migration which was illegal but the countries that agreed to the Krakoa cocaine trade allowed them to keep the portals, allow free passage plus the points are also monitored by the local law enforcement so there's really no "unrestricted access" like you stated as seen in Marauders and X-Force.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

It's perfectly true that Quentin going to London shopping would be a serious violation , but this is the world of comics and , as I said , who knows what Xavier negotiated a t the UN or indeed separately with the UK ?

Extraordinary Member

sigh

obviously they set up the gates to pull off an underground railroad type of migration which was illegal but the countries that agreed to the Krakoa cocaine trade allowed them to keep the portals, allow free passage plus the points are also monitored by the local law enforcement so there's really no "unrestricted access" like you stated as seen in Marauders and X-Force.
    And using the gates in countries that are trying to prevent mutant migration makes no sense because it means people who want to stop them know where they are going...whether in Russia or South America like we just saw in New Mutants. Tactically the gates are a bad idea...especially when they can use Cerebro to identify where mutants are, Cerebro enhanced telepathy to contact them and teleporters like Magik, Vanisher, Pixie, etc...to go in and get them.

It's perfectly true that Quentin going to London shopping would be a serious violation , but this is the world of comics and , as I said , who knows what Xavier negotiated a t the UN or indeed separately with the UK ?
    There is a lot they need to clear up and define.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

And using the gates in countries that are trying to prevent mutant migration makes no sense because it means people who want to stop them know where they are going...whether in Russia or South America like we just saw in New Mutants. Tactically the gates are a bad idea...especially when they can use Cerebro to identify where mutants are, Cerebro enhanced telepathy to contact them and teleporters like Magik, Vanisher, Pixie, etc...to go in and get them.

There is a lot they need to clear up and define.
    Or not, because its a comic book not a sociological dissertation on making a new country for people with superpowers.
    We don't need to see their toilets and plumbing. We don't need to see the grocery stores. We don't need to see the accounting and tax preparation. We don't need to see 3+ hours in customs and immigration every time they want to go to New York. This is a medium where the majority of problems are solved with martial arts and laser beams, its ok to let some of the minutia go by.