Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

If Wakanda can stand then so can Krakoa.

Will it fall? Maybe but itll just come back lol.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is, what is Krakoa? As a country, does it belong to the mutants, the X-Men, or Charles and Moira?

Because if it belongs to Charles and Moira, no matter who else thinks they own it, I question if the island even can change ownership or if it's tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    LMAOOOOO

This. Even with what’s happening with Moira and Destiny, the outcome can still dramatically change things but that doesn’t mean the entire set-up for the nation should be destroyed. Arakko, Quiet Council, the precog ban, etc etc can all have interesting narratives without it resulting in crashing and burning. It’s a much more interesting story to see how mutants are able to bounce back and still remain on top rather than see them locked in a cycle of constant grimdark storytelling.
    Perfectly said. It's clear so many of these conflict points are going to come to a head but I also don't think Krakoa has to disappear once the dust settles. Hickman may already have a completely different Quiet Council in his hands that we won't see until later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Agreed! It'd be nice to see Krakoa become a mainstay in the MU.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Wakanda was created by Stan and Jack back in the 60's. It's baked into the Marvel cake. If Krakoa lasts beyond Hickman, I would be very surprised.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wakanda was created by Stan and Jack back in the 60's. It's baked into the Marvel cake. If Krakoa lasts beyond Hickman, I would be very surprised.
    I can certainly see Krakoa being like Genosha, a concept that sort of comes back sometimes.

Fictional countries are fun, is a fact.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The thing is, what is Krakoa? As a country, does it belong to the mutants, the X-Men, or Charles and Moira?

Because if it belongs to Charles and Moira, no matter who else thinks they own it, I question if the island even can change ownership or if it's tainted.
    We actually already know this
    1. Krakoa is sentient so no person can claim property rights to it
    2. The 3rd of the mutant laws makes the land a sacred right of all mutants

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    We actually already know this
    1. Krakoa is sentient so no person can claim property rights to it
    2. The 3rd of the mutant laws makes the land a sacred right of all mutants
    I guess I just seriously question that second one. Yes, it's supposed to be that, but if we find out it was all a trap or fake, then can that continue?

All the X-Men die in island humping kaiju level swish-swish.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

I can certainly see Krakoa being like Genosha, a concept that sort of comes back sometimes.
    And like Genosha, it would only be bastardized in each later iteration(Claremont's original Genosha stories are by far the best). Just like how no one could do the big school concept after Morrison. They might try, but it would only be an inferior knockoff. I think Hickman is doing some interesting things with Krakoa, but under lesser hands, it would fall apart. He's already said he will put all the toys back on the shelf when he's done.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And like Genosha, it would only be bastardized in each later iteration(Claremont's original Genosha stories are by far the best). Just like how no one could do the big school concept after Morrison. They might try, but it would only be an inferior knockoff. I think Hickman is doing some interesting things with Krakoa, but under lesser hands, it would fall apart. He's already said he will put all the toys back on the shelf when he's done.
    To Ferro's point, I just don't want to see the mutants running and hiding anymore.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I don't care what anyone says, I loved Aaron's take on the school.

Also, isn't Krakoa just Genosha?

A Krakoan revolution would be a super fun event a few years down the line. Who decides to rise up against Charles and Moira? Who stands with them? What is Krakoa without them? I even think this could be done in an interesting way without relying on the "Hero Vs. Hero" trope we're all tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    To Ferro's point, I just don't want to see the mutants running and hiding anymore.
    I fully suspect that the conclusion to Hickman's run won't be that any more. Though I do think it'll come after all the excrement hits the rotating metal blade circulating air in a room. A lot of the current status quo will probably be gone (miracle drugs, resurrection, the current Quiet council) as others have said, but that in itself would lead to interesting stories. I think stuff like Children of the Atom is a hint of things to come. Where enough humans are okay with Krakoa and mutants being around that they help stop a Sentinel assault that would otherwise exterminate mutantkind. Basically, Charles will be vindicated. But we're not there yet, and this journey looks like it's going to be a fun one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    A Krakoan revolution would be a super fun event a few years down the line. Who decides to rise up against Charles and Moira? Who stands with them? What is Krakoa without them? I even think this could be done in an interesting way without relying on the "Hero Vs. Hero" trope we're all tired of.
    That's sort of the best part about having so msny grey aligned characters and villains on Krakoa. So much potential for that uprising!