Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In theory this sounds great, being inclusive and giving power to the oppressed. However, in context to Krakatoa (which is a deconstruction of Hard Men Making Hard Decisions rather than a thesis based on Magneto was Right played straight) this sounds like you hated the X-men and were on the side of the Brotherhood and other mutant supremacist groups, pre-Hickman. Is this correct?
    No, I became a fan after decimation when the x-men went to san francisco, and feel in love with the characthers and concepts but I found their method of dealing with mutant issues to be naive and an idealistic performance, but I still loved the stories from the 60's towards the present.
    it sounds like you made assumptions and went for a reach over my taste. is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    a shame sales dont reflect that, oh well, guess we in it for krakoa.
    Sales aren't a metric for it.
    Oh well, it'll die like Utopia did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Sales aren't a metric for it.
    Oh well, it'll die like Utopia did.
    the fact you want it to happen shows short term memory over the drastic drop of quality of the books after the destruction of utopia, you need a refresher go read bendis's run to get a reminder

Astonishing Member

No, I became a fan after decimation when the x-men went to san francisco, and feel in love with the characthers and concepts but I found their method of dealing with mutant issues to be naive and an idealistic performance, but I still loved the stories from the 60's towards the present.
    Ok.

it sounds like you made assumptions and went for a reach over my taste. is this correct?
    I made an assumption based on your opinions I've seen posted recently. Your last post wasn't complimenting Xavier's plan, it was dismantling it.

BANNED

Ok.

I made an assumption based on your opinions I've seen posted recently. Your last post wasn't complimenting Xavier's plan, it was dismantling it.
    disliking xavier's outdated ideals is not really a sign that I hate the x-men, considering the x-men themselves kicked him off the team at one point tho? and that the brotherhood has pratically been in the x-men, sans certain members like mastermind and destiny, so what was the point of stating that I hated the x-men before hickman?
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-11-2020 at 04:22 AM.

the fact you want it to happen shows short term memory over the drastic drop of quality of the books after the destruction of utopia, you need a refresher go read bendis's run to get a reminder
    Oh I haven't forgotten anything. The downward spiral's still going strong.

Astonishing Member

disliking xavier's outdated ideals is not really. sign that I hate the x-men, considering the x-men themselves kicked him off the team at one point tho? and that the brotherhood has pratically been in the x-men, sans certain members like mastermind and destiny, so what was the point of stating that I hated the x-men before hickman?
    Xavier is a flawed man, kicking him off the team is not the same as them discarding his ideals. They embody them. Members have, but when they have been there they've been following the ideology Magneto didn't turn it into the Brotherhood 2.0 whenever the joins them, and neither did Emma Frost.

Krakatoa, as its current status quo, is the reversal of that and Magneto's a human loving fluffy kitten to the other people they've got making decisions. Because that's how you've been presenting your arguments when defending Krakatoa.

BANNED

Xavier is a flawed man, kicking him off the team is not the same as them discarding his ideals. They embody them. Members have, but when they have been there they've been following the ideology Magneto didn't turn it into the Brotherhood 2.0 whenever the joins them, and neither did Emma Frost.

Krakatoa, as its current status quo, is the reversal of that and Magneto's a human loving fluffy kitten to the other people they've got making decisions. Because that's how you've been presenting your arguments when defending Krakatoa.
    Uh uh, totaly not a reach

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Totally agree with everything you say,I have a major problem with the resurrection protocols.See in HoX 5 they say that there is a strict protocol for ressurrection, Xavier and co have to completely be sure a mutant is dead to ressurrect them.Meaning they don't want duplication for different reasons 1 saving time 2 Not alerting humanity of Krakoa's biggest bio-engineering secret 3.Not creating an existential crisis for living mutants who suddenly see their doppelgangers walking around.
    This whole point in the protocols shows that people resurrected are just cloned not technically or absolutely the entity they were.So the crucible is murder or assisted suicide of humans to clone them with powers.This is more or less the glorified sci-fi Movie 'the Island' of 2004 on steroids.

Most fans would rather overlook this obvious fact and as a fan of X-Men I am enjoying this story as I'm a fan of sci fi and dystopian tales.I just think this will inevitably lead to the demise of Krakoa.
    So my question becomes....are there 2 Theresa Cassidy's running around...one the demi-gof Morrigan and the other a clone on Krakoa??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So my question becomes....are there 2 Theresa Cassidy's running around...one the demi-gof Morrigan and the other a clone on Krakoa??
    morrigan in mytho has multiple faces/personalities, so it could be an interesting twist!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    What's wrong with the message that people are people? We may have differences, but we're all human. I think that's the point the user was trying to make.

I mean differences in the current opinion of the X-men aside, I'm not sure what's wrong with that message.
    Hum, thank you for explaining a point I was trying to make. I really don't express myself very well sometimes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    True, but I'm not sure pride and acceptance are mutually exclusive. Both can be argued at the same time. I don't think the user was arguing that the X-men's differences shouldn't be highlighted. Instead I think they were referencing the act of mutants "abandoning" human culture. While I don't want to speak for the user, I can see how some of the supremacy talk from some of the Krakoans (mainly villains to be fair) can provide a mixed message.

Then again, the story has yet to completely unfold, so the point Hickman might be highlighting is yet to be seen.
    I was speaking only about the things we have in common. True, in this world, we are all humans but people who seek quarrel focus on our differences…

I was just talking about 'love, suffer and die', the lowest common denominator and that, it isn't true anymore with Hickman, dying for mutants doesn't mean the same for humans.
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-11-2020 at 06:13 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Uh uh, totaly not a reach
    A reach about what? You haven't provided much of an argument that I'm wrong here.

a shame sales dont reflect that, oh well, guess we in it for krakoa.
    That's a poor argument.
    Disney's Star Wars consistently broke the billion barrier at the box-office, yet no one is pretending the numbers reflects accurately people's opinion on this new trilogy.
    At most, you can infer people are curious about DoX, that's all.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That's a poor argument.
    Disney's Star Wars consistently broke the billion barrier at the box-office, yet no one is pretending the numbers reflects accurately people's opinion on this new trilogy.
    At most, you can infer people are curious about DoX, that's all.
    There was a lot of hype. Mostly books are selling around ressurrection books were selling, mostly Hickman x-men book have a bigger sales, a outlier
    It says a lot about people being curious about the new status quo, but nothing about long term healthy.