Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Well I've just looked back to refresh my memory. Melody was not beaten to death. In the panel immediately before she is killed with the sword she is on her feet and has both hands held up in fists . Her left she disclosed and there is blood from heroes and from above her right eye . She is speaking clearly . In all honestly she looks only a little worse than a boxer at the end of a fight. She is then run through. She is not beaten to death .

The " belittling " is not so clear cut.
    One sentence " what a disappointment you must be" is clearly belittling and Sam reacts ,Paige holds him back. After that ,no belittling , he asks her if she can abide what has been done to her , tells her there is nothing wrong with being human and immediately before killing her calls her sister.

This post is absolutely not an attempt to defend Crucible and I imagine a debate is exactly what the writers hoped for. But I think it helps if we debate what's on the page not what's in our heads.

Having said that the inside of my head is quite weird and fascinating , at least when it's not drowning in wine.
    There was quite a bit of belittling beforehand and after and what you refer to is clearly being beaten to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You cannot resurrect someone "without their consent"...because they are dead. And to make it clear...dead people are not alive and cannot speak to give consent.
    So don't resurrect them if you can't get consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just to add on to this most of people being brought back died without "giving their consent" to die so to speak. Bring them back actually give them the option of choice whether they want to be dead or not. Something tells me most of them will be pick the option of being alive over being dead.
    That's assuming for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So when someone has sucidal thoughts, self-loathing, and depression, they should kill themselves in one of the most horrific ways possible?
    No but that is not what is happening so it is not really relevant to the topic.

That's the justification cults use.
    No Cults want you to do a thing which is stay in cult. Cults don't encourage you to leave them

It seems to me mass suicides would be less painful and more respectful than the Crucible.

Spectacular Member

Arghh, how is it everybody else manages to answer these points , including posting images , while I'm still typing ??!!
    I need more wine.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You really do not know how writing comic books work, do you?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No but that is not what is happening so it is not really relevant to the topic.

No Cults want you to do a thing which is stay in cult. Cults don't encourage you to leave them
    Cults give you the illusion of choice so you don't realize you are in a cult.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If you include the conversations Cyclops has with Logan and Kurt, it would seem depowered mutants were requesting to die any so they get their powers back and Melody's convo with Sam and Paige hints that she applied for the Crucible and therefore gave consent to die anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Exactly, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If you include the conversations Cyclops has with Logan and Kurt, it would seem depowered mutants were requesting to die any so they get their powers back and Melody's convo with Sam and Paige hints that she applied for the Crucible and therefore gave consent to die anyway.
    Then find a way not to require death to give powers back, we know that's the case. And giving consent doesn't work if the person is in depression, at best they have the right to refuse treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    We're shown at least three distinct moments where Aero is told "you don't have to do this, it is your choice."
    Purely formal. A part of the ritual.

When the priest asks you 'Do you want to marry this woman and so on…', he doesn't expect you to answer 'No!'
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Cults give you the illusion of choice so you don't realize you are in a cult.
    Except we can see they don't have a illusion of choice.

That's assuming for them.
    Your point is 16 million people murder should stay dead because they can't consent to be being brought back? Of course they can't consent they are dead.

You are really trying to push that giving a murdered person a choice at life when it was taken away without their consent is a bad thing. Uhm yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder if the reactions would have been the same if the X-men weren't a part of this Quiet Council or if they were actively against this Crucible…

I suppose it's not possible to be sure. But I doubt it.
    I believe the reactions wouldn't have been the same if the X-Men weren't actively taking part in the directions Krakoa is currently going.
    Absolutely.
    That, or if they were actively taking part in things, that they'd do so after having rescinded the name X-Men and the values attached To it.
    Let a new generation of mutants bear the mantle.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Arghh, how is it everybody else manages to answer these points , including posting images , while I'm still typing ??!!
    I need more wine.
    You drink too much, I think…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It seems to me mass suicides would be less painful and more respectful than the Crucible.
    wait...what now? How....? Why.....?

I'm done here...I just can't devolve so low...my brain cells won't allow it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!