Page 6 of 109 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Like the people posting in this thread for example?
    Guilty as charged! I've been triggered for 48 hours.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Like the people posting in this thread for example?
    yes, absolutly.
    slay sis drag tea

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Destiny come thru
    mystique and destiny burning it down

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    mystique and destiny burning it down
    mystique couldnt even sucessfully defeat bendis shield, you're overestimating ol smurfetes competence

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wakanda was created by Stan and Jack back in the 60's. It's baked into the Marvel cake. If Krakoa lasts beyond Hickman, I would be very surprised.
    I think people overlook that the X-men have outgrown the mansion literally and figuratively. It is not 5 students anymore the dna of what the X-men is has changed .The old cake doesn't work stuff like Utopia and Krakoa are the only things that make sense as unified entity. The only way to get old X-men style back is to drop a ton of characters and splinter the line into self sufficient teams that ultimately don't do well because they lack connection to the main thing.

Krakoa might not last after Hickman but some fans fail to realize how many characters are going to be in limbo if status quo changes back to anything close to past. The X-men is more Krakoa/Utopia size entities now than good ole mansion stuff the sheer size and scope of the X-men has evolved.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-22-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I think people overlook that the X-men have outgrown the mansion literally and figuratively. It is not 5 students anymore the dna of what the X-men is has changed .The old cake doesn't work stuff like Utopia and Krakoa are the only things that make sense as unified entity. The only way to get old X-men style back is to drop a ton of characters and splinter the line into self sufficient teams that ultimately don't do well because they lack connection to the main thing.

Krakoa might not last after Hickman but some fans fail to realize how many characters are going to be in limbo if status quo changes back to anything close to past. The X-men is more Krakoa/Utopia size entities now than good ole mansion stuff the sheer size and scope of the X-men has evolved.
    Well said, bee. A big part of why they are doing Krakoa is to raise the stock of a lot of underused characters and it's working.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I hope we never go back to the dark ages. Or at least there are newer more interesting dark ages to come out of this maintained status quo. The settling of a nation has soooo many deliberate elements that are sometimes not pretty and definitely not black and white. I'd rather read about that than the now seemingly juvenile hyper combat survivability in a school bs that had become a chore to read. My only gripe is that they're starting to use too many of the same mutants and for me to believe that this place is a far stretching nation, we're gonna need to see obscure characters finally step up, get characterized, and become part of the greater lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I hope we never go back to the dark ages. Or at least there are newer more interesting dark ages to come out of this maintained status quo. The settling of a nation has soooo many deliberate elements that are sometimes not pretty and definitely not black and white. I'd rather read about that than the now seemingly juvenile hyper combat survivability in a school bs that had become a chore to read. My only gripe is that they're starting to use too many of the same mutants and for me to believe that this place is a far stretching nation, we're gonna need to see obscure characters finally step up, get characterized, and become part of the greater lore.
    Periodically I'll look at this list for fun. It's a nice reminder of how many mutants are currently rotating.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...come-to-Krakoa

Haven't seen it yet here, but Hickman announced he would be revealing the summer event for the X books this Friday. The countdown to the countdown begins!

Here's the thing: the Morrison era set up this whole idea that humans had an expiration date and that mutant were taking over. They were creating their own cultures and communities, and growing in numbers geometrically. That was a concept ripe for exploration through new vehicles like X-Corporation and XSE; we could have had 20 years of those stories, but as soon as Morrison left, Marvel systematically undid everything, to the extent that they killed off all mutants except for about 200.

This Hickman era will be much the same. Sure, one could play in this concept for decades, but really, if you have a mutant nation, extracting the wealth of humans with their miracle flowers, ready to usurp the world with their economic stranglehold, with Omega mutants capable of rewriting time and space and creating whole universes, what the heck are Spider-Man and Captain America and Hawkeye supposed to do? This is a shared universe. Hickman is reaching for the sun, but like Icarus, those wings will melt and the whole thing will come plummeting back to the ground before long.

As for 'mutants have grown too much for a school', say what you will, but at the end of the day, even in Hickman's grand new era, the narrative is still revolving around the same handful of characters it always has. One or two mega Sentinels later, Orchis, slut-shamming grannies, Sabretooth gutting Moira, or whatever it may be, and all the no-name mutants and all the tertiary mutants could be wiped out and we're back to the stories of Cyke, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Xavier, Magneto, and whoever else.

Enjoy the ride, but like all things, it will be transient. Hickman is doing a great thing here, but it will not last beyond him. Just like Alexander's empire fell into pieces when he was gone, so too will Hickman's X works. He has been completely transparent in saying that he will put the toys back on the shelf when he is done, and there is no other way this will all shake out.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-22-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Oh thats nice!! are we betting in cash or candy?
    This actually cracked me up!!
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

The thing about comics is, you never know what will stick and what won't. Some things really do change, at least for a while.

But whatever happens, let's all just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Here's the thing: the Morrison era set up this whole idea that humans had an expiration date and that mutant were taking over. They were creating their own cultures and communities, and growing in numbers geometrically. That was a concept ripe for exploration through new vehicles like X-Corporation and XSE; we could have had 20 years of those stories, but as soon as Morrison left, Marvel systematically undid everything, to the extent that they killed off all mutants except for about 200.

This Hickman era will be much the same. Sure, one could play in this concept for decades, but really, if you have a mutant nation, extracting the wealth of humans with their miracle flowers, ready to usurp the world with their economic stranglehold, with Omega mutants capable of rewriting time and space and creating whole universes, what the heck are Spider-Man and Captain America and Hawkeye supposed to do? This is a shared universe. Hickman is reaching for the sun, but like Icarus, those wings will melt and the whole thing will come plummeting back to the ground before long.

As for 'mutants have grown too much for a school', say what you will, but at the end of the day, even in Hickman's grand new era, the narrative is still revolving around the same handful of characters it always has. One or two mega Sentinels later, Orchis, slut-shamming grannies, Sabretooth gutting Moira, or whatever it may be, and all the no-name mutants and all the tertiary mutants could be wiped out and we're back to the stories of Cyke, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Xavier, Magneto, and whoever else.

Enjoy the ride, but like all things, it will be transient. Hickman is doing a great thing here, but it will not last beyond him. Just like Alexander's empire fell into pieces when he was gone, so too will Hickman's X works. He has been completely transparent in saying that he will put the toys back on the shelf when he is done, and there is no other way this will all shake out.
    There was a life after Alexander: less glitter and pretention… but it was life all the same.

I don't understand why many care more than good stories and good characterization: mutants' fate is not your fate.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    There was a life after Alexander: less glitter and pretention… but it was life all the same.

I don't understand why many care more than good stories and good characterization: mutants' fate is not your fate.
    At this point, a lot of people just want their theories to be right. I know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ferro dropping truth bombs all over the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    At this point, a lot of people just want their theories to be right. I know I do.
    If this is true Its sad that people who's theories include KraKoa is some conniving Human Death Island that deserves to burn, are A. Can't see they're wrong B. So warped by the Right=Might mentality they rather have their opinions reenforced no matter how many people enjoy the opposite
    GrindrStone(D)