Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1622

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because the racist Marvel world treats ALL mutants the same. Brotherhood and X-men have a common enemy this is what happens when you have common enemy.
    Yep

Hate using Rosencanny as evidence but it really does do a good job of showing the toll of the Extinction era on mutantkind and how they’ve all (knowingly or unknowingly) bonded as a species over their constant brutalization.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-23-2020 at 12:17 AM.

We all know that mutats are not "created equal". There are, alpha, beta, gamma, omega mutants, some got lucky and get powers, some just get deformed even with deformities who can be regarded as disability, with Apocalypse and Sinister there I wonder how long until Apocalypse tries to eliminate the weaker mutants to impose his surveillance or the strongest mentality, or Sinister tries to get more powerful mutants by the experimentation on the weakest.

About what will happen when human babies start borning from mutants parents, well I think that they would potentially create a full generation of Graydon Creed, but with better motives because they will be actually strongly discriminated and before someone says anything about Shogo, she is adopted, not born from mutants who want a powerful baby to fulfill the laws, also she can turn into a Dragon (is not as if were a simple human) and barely lays a foot on Krakoa.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

BANNED

that first argument is moot considering apocalypse mentality is shown in testing melody’s power in her characther and not her mutation, and with magic and science blooming on krakoa any mutant can rise trough those, and also we have another evidence no mutant is ever truly useless given the occasion, the five. since goldballs is a useless mutant who brings a necessary key factor to a group.

Apocalypse the mutant who once conquered the world and still put it in eternal war state because he want just the strongest to survive, yes he appreciates the character over the mutation, but still is a firm believer on the supervivence of the strongest. Yes, he has being tame by NOW, because they are still getting used to a mutant nation, but once they grow up comfortable, the threat of extinction disappears and the convivence starts to highlight the differences, who can know how long the pacifical convivence will last? Also the if you are weak yu can be experimented to become stronger is exactly what I fear Sinister would try.

Yes some mutants could apply the "this is a job to aquaman" trope, in certain situations, but most frequently the omega level mutant would be more cherrised than the delta, who would you pick to work in a mission, the guy with an extra finger ot the one who can teleport your crew t safety?
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that first argument is moot considering apocalypse mentality is shown in testing melody’s power in her characther and not her mutation, and with magic and science blooming on krakoa any mutant can rise trough those, and also we have another evidence no mutant is ever truly useless given the occasion, the five. since goldballs is a useless mutant who brings a necessary key factor to a group.
    Apocalypse is known for recruiting weaker mutants and making the stronger as long as they are loyal to him, RE: Caliban. For all we know she's jumped to the line for the next batch of Horsemen. He's not afraid of working with weaker mutants, he's a cult leader who needs expendable minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Because the racist Marvel world treats ALL mutants the same. Brotherhood and X-men have a common enemy this is what happens when you have common enemy.
    That's not sufficient. The Brotherhood have believed that from Day One, not the X-men. What changed for the X-men?The Xavier now is not the man that he used to be to fall in line with the Brotherhood's ideology.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-23-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What changed for the X-men?
    They stopped being neoliberals obsessed with respectability politics and maintaining a model minority status for a society that consistently shows it doesn’t care for their livelihoods.
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-23-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    We all know that mutats are not "created equal". There are, alpha, beta, gamma, omega mutants, some got lucky and get powers, some just get deformed even with deformities who can be regarded as disability, with Apocalypse and Sinister there I wonder how long until Apocalypse tries to eliminate the weaker mutants to impose his surveillance or the strongest mentality, or Sinister tries to get more powerful mutants by the experimentation on the weakest.
    He still has plenty of humans to cull first

About what will happen when human babies start borning from mutants parents,
    well I think that they would potentially create a full generation of Graydon Creed, but with better motives because they will be actually strongly discriminated[/QUOTE]WHy would there be a Boom? Graydon is one of the only ones in the decades of X-Storytelling. ANd why would the mutants discrimnated against? Do you see low powered mutants getting discrimnated against on KraKoa?
    and before someone says anything about Shogo, she is adopted, not born from mutants who want a powerful baby to fulfill the laws,
    Shogo's a boy...And fulfill what laws?? This aint Attilan
    also she can turn into a Dragon (is not as if were a simple human)
    Errr but I think thats just the effect of being in Otherworld
    and barely lays a foot on Krakoa.
    Well he IS a dragon for most of the time.....he can FLLLLYYY!!

Yes some mutants could apply the "this is a job to aquaman" trope, in certain situations, but most frequently the omega level mutant would be more cherrised than the delta, who would you pick to work in a mission, the guy with an extra finger ot the one who can teleport your crew t safety?
    Depends on what that finger is doing....

Apocalypse is known for recruiting weaker mutants and making the stronger as long as they are loyal to him, RE: Caliban. For all we know she's jumped to the line for the next batch of Horsemen. He's not afraid of working with weaker mutants, he's a cult leader who needs expendable minions.
    And Humans....

That's not sufficient. The Brotherhood have believed that from Day One, not the X-men. What changed for the X-men?The Xavier now is not the man that he used to be to fall in line with the Brotherhood's ideology.
    Genosha....MDay.....Rosenberg....
    GrindrStone(D)

I agree: a despot needs praises and weak followers to fuel his ego.

The weak mutants may be not useful as soldiers but they are a essential part of the ideology: someone to protect, all their actions are justfied, 'poor little mutants persecuted by the humans'.
    It's a matter of national cohesion.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    'poor little mutants persecuted by the humans'
    Are they not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I agree: a despot needs praises and weak followers to fuel his ego.

The weak mutants may be not useful as soldiers but they are a essential part of the ideology: someone to protect, all their actions are justfied, 'poor little mutants persecuted by the humans'.
    It's a matter of national cohesion.
    lol Apocalypse has never really been too keen on sycophants
    I dont think theres been any evidence on what you're describing? hoping?
    GrindrStone(D)

I don't mean to this be disrespectful but haven't you been reading X-men over the years? The stories are cumulative experiences. The X-men have had the mansion turn into a interment camp guarded by Sentinels(see 198 stuff), Hunted for their lives by enemies with a vaccine around that is wiping out their species(Rosenberg Uncanny), Hunted and hated worldwide for disease and sterilized caused by gas( See the terrigen mist stuff), Geonsha got murked by Sentinels, They couldn't live in San Francisco or Utopia peacefully, Mutant town/District X got burn to ground, Their students got killed in bombing attack by terrorists,etc. And because of Marvel stupid compression all of that stuff has been with in a 5 to 7 year period.

I don't have a problem with how you and others view how X-men should be. The problems is bad thing after the bad thing has happen to X-men and you are expecting them to be exactly the same. Xavier got shown that his method doesn't work via a bunch of futures by Moria. The Xavier and X-men have gone through enough things to where the can see their mortality as a species and are willing to try something different in context to all stories that has happen to them.

What positive thing has happened to X-men that would make them go hey lets keep fight the good fight the same? Imagine the most positive man in the world, Imagine that his daughters got raped, all of his family killed in accident, his parent died of cancer,his best friend died in senseless murder, He get remarried only to find out his wife has cancer and died. And someone walks up and ask why in the world isn't he positive anymore. That is the X-men line and fans, Fans keep pretending all these shitty things aren't happening and ask why are the X-men different now. Marvel keeps toss tragedy and hardship at the X-men with nothing every progressing forward their mission statement. Basically from the beginning of X-men to now, The X-men have zero accomplishment to show progression forward between humans and mutants. Why wouldn't the X-men try something different?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    He still has plenty of humans to cull first
    And that's it they only have in common their hate against humans, when they lost the fear and start remember that some of them are not poor victims of the humanity but actually pieces of crap for their own merits the conflict will arise.

WHy would there be a Boom? Graydon is one of the only ones in the decades of X-Storytelling. ANd why would the mutants discrimnated against? Do you see low powered mutants getting discrimnated against on KraKoa?
    I can't see any human born in Krakoa society as loved or wanted, the mutants are becoming too much supremacist and raising their youngs in that ideology. I have seen weker mutants mocked before and a worrisome tendency of the mutants now days to be dismissive and even hateful against humans. That's why I remember Graydon, the human son of two mutants who grow up feeling rejected and eventually hating mutants.

Shogo's a boy...And fulfill what laws?? This aint Attilan
    One of the three main laws, reproduce themselves or in other words.

"Make more mutants"

Errr but I think thats just the effect of being in Otherworld. Well he IS a dragon for most of the time.....he can FLLLLYYY!!
    Still no a normal baby and barely enough time in Krakoa to cause conflict, a normal human baby who had no other place to escape but stay in Krakoa surely is not going to be so happy, damn even Shogo won't be so happy once he understand how is considered as less than a mutant.

Depends on what that finger is doing....
    Bring Examples

Genosha....MDay.....Rosenberg....
    I after all that they didn't change their minds, why now? also after Genosha one could say that they would be worried about get a target again.

Idiotic pics I have found in Tumblr:

after all that they didn't change their minds, why now? also after Genosha one could say that they would be worried about get a target again.
    They did. They became more militant after M-Day and HOXPOX was the very next thing we saw the X-Men in after the end of Rosencanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can think of one very good reason why the Crucible requires one to prove themselves through combat. The constant attempts to Kill All Mutants that happen every few years - which, when condensed down to real world time makes genocide an annual event mutants have to survive - then repowering is going to go to those who are willing to fight first. Underneath that it very well could be that Poccy wants soldiers for when he takes over, but time will tell for that.

Again, I can see how they have justified this to themselves, even though there are dark questions lingering. They aren't even being unasked, but I think Hickman wants to fully set up his house of cards before knocking it over.
    Considering the implications of this ritual, it essentially means that the X-Men are running the risk of emotionally traumatizing people just to give them back their powers. That's assuming everyone who hears about this method doesn't choose to opt out of it because of how horrifying it sounds.