Page 77 of 109 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1622

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Missed the first point. Its a bad idea by a not so good writer.
    The system wouldn't be oversaturated if it hadn't been such a flawed system in the first place.
    Not so good writer is your opinion (and I think most people and most of the industry would disagree on that). As Trinking said, mutants being killed for years what was saturated the system. Mutants are working around that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I said that’s not what’s happening on Krakoa, not with Magneto back when he was being written as a Silver Age villain with a one-note “im evilllll” personality.
    It's there in Krakoa, he simply shifted to soft power - the kinder, gentler Magneto who will threaten human ambassadors by buying them out, beating them through education and calling mutants humanity's new gods. Magneto's been doing that on and off since forever, including when he'd in an anti-hero phase like in his canceled ongoing series. Read "X-men: Magneto War," he was killing millions back in 1993.

This isn't getting into the hundreds of other villains like that, or worse, and they're all on Krakoa now.

This isn't getting into the scope of the evil things he's done, either. He's killed millions of people, and the X-men don't seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's there in Krakoa, he simply shifted to soft power - the kinder, gentler Magneto who will threaten human ambassadors by buying them out, beating them through education and calling mutants humanity's new gods. Magneto's been doing that on and off since forever, including when he'd in an anti-hero phase like in his canceled ongoing series. Read "X-men: Magneto War," he was killing millions back in 1993.

This isn't getting into the hundreds of other villains like that, or worse, and they're all on Krakoa now.

This isn't getting into the scope of the evil things he's done, either. He's killed millions of people, and the X-men don't seem to care.
    Who did he kill during The 'Magneto War'??

Yeah he did kill a lot of humans AND Mutants with that move. But it wasn't unprovoked. and there was no intention causing that many deaths.Theres seriously no excuse but what was expected to be his reaction to the
    human government 'Star Wars' plan It was stopping him from tryna be chill by coming to Earth and scooping up Mutants to bring to Avalon +Magneto was a self proclaimed villian then. Why be shocked when villains act like villains??
    yet the bloods of Innocents he's spilled is but a drop in the bucket compared to many Marvel U residents. I think it's more dangerous having copious amounts of innocent lives lost be due to of people calling themselves hero's
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Who did he kill during The 'Magneto War'??
    He launched a global EMP wave with a machine that disabled all electronic devices instantly. The implications are shown, planes fly out of the air, surgeries were impeded and so on. Think about how many things humanity is connected to electronics to right now, and imagine everything going dead. Forever. The X-men only stopped this continuing by destroying his machine. This was in the 2000's, in 1993 he did a similar feat by himself in "Fatal Attractions."

Yeah he did kill a lot of humans AND Mutants with that move. But it wasn't unprovoked. and there was no intention causing that many deaths.Theres seriously no excuse but what was expected to be his reaction to the
    human government 'Star Wars' plan It was stopping him from tryna be chill by coming to Earth and scooping up Mutants to bring to Avalon +Magneto was a self proclaimed villian then. Why be shocked when villains act like villains??
    yet the bloods of Innocents he's spilled is but a drop in the bucket compared to many Marvel U residents. I think it's more dangerous having copious amounts of innocent lives lost be due to of people calling themselves hero's
    You don't get it, Magneto was the one doing the provoking in "Magneto War." He had it all planned out like a Bond villain in a lair on one of the polar ice caps, which were defended by the Brotherhood. The entire intention was to create death, that's all it was going to do. Killing electronics like that only results in mass death. That's the point. That only lasted days, his plan was to make that the new status quo.

I think you're getting this mixed up with "Fatal Attractions," he lashed out because the UN activated a forcefield to keep him out of the atmosphere from using his powers against them. It's another storyline that began with him attacking humanity and that was to destroy humanity completely. He was more bloodthirsty in '93 than in "Magneto War."

I'm not shocked, I'm saying this is who people are defending in threads like this. He's a villain.

That there are humans with worse bodycounts isn't a justification for him to murder others. He's still a murderer on a scale we can barely conceive of. I don't know what to make of your last line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can use this in all these threads.
    It's scary how the X-Men felt like the Manson Family, when you put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Don't you miss the old days? When the X-Men were not a cult? They were just a group of teenagers who lived in a mansion isolated from society under the direction of a telepath who instilled in them his ideology and put them on life or death missions. Also, everyone was wearing the same ceremonial clothes, I mean, superhero costumes.

Good old days.
    In old days, how many were the X-men? An handful. So much for proselytism…
    And they wore costumes on missions. Otherwise, they weren't so snobbish to have special clothes.
    Were they isolated from society? They went on holidays to see their family, in town to do shopping.
    They were also arguing with Xavier.
    So, no, there is a difference.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And they wore costumes on missions. Otherwise, they weren't so snobbish to have special clothes.
    Were they isolated from society? They went on holidays to see their family, in town to do shopping.
    They've been to shown to A) go shopping B) meet with humans. They're not isolated, they're a nation.

BANNED

we had a tiki bar moment of everyone interacting peacefully, only because its not with humans (who rarely allow mutants to chill unless they are in disguise) doesnt change that the x-men are doing all the things they normally do but in a bigger scale and in their own space

He launched a global EMP wave with a machine that disabled all electronic devices instantly. The implications are shown, planes fly out of the air, surgeries were impeded and so on. Think about how many things humanity is connected to electronics to right now, and imagine everything going dead. Forever. The X-men only stopped this continuing by destroying his machine.
    Sounds exactly like M Day.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're missing part of the point of the Crucible. It's not about killing mutants, it's about not saturating the system by turning repowering into a challenge.
    The mere fact that there is a waiting list should prevent mass suicides that would saturate they system.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Now they argue with Xavier, go to see the family and do shopping outside Krakoa.

He launched a global EMP wave with a machine that disabled all electronic devices instantly. The implications are shown, planes fly out of the air, surgeries were impeded and so on. Think about how many things humanity is connected to electronics to right now, and imagine everything going dead. Forever. The X-men only stopped this continuing by destroying his machine. This was in the 2000's, in 1993 he did a similar feat by himself in "Fatal Attractions."
    Well Fvck preeetty sure Im remembering correctly... He released his deadly EMP during Fatsl attractions to disable the Satellites the Un had put in place to stop him, inadvertently causing the deaths of both humans and Mutants. During Magneto War he did release another one on a smaller scale as a warning shot the UN. If he only wanted death and destruction warning the enemy seemsijw an odd way of going about it

You don't get it, Magneto was the one doing the provoking in "Magneto War." He had it all planned out like a Bond villain in a lair on one of the polar ice caps, which were defended by the Brotherhood. The entire intention was to create death, that's all it was going to do. Killing electronics like that only results in mass death. That's the point. That only lasted days, his plan was to make that the new status quo.
    Pretty sure his intention was to get a place Mutants can live in peace. Killing indiscriminately wouldn't leave him much of a people to govern. And if all he wanted was a high death count of humans there's easier ways to get it Done.Liiike building giant machines that only targeted humans for example.
    I think you're getting this mixed up with "Fatal Attractions," he lashed out because the UN activated a forcefield to keep him out of the atmosphere from using his powers against them. It's another storyline that began with him attacking humanity and that was to destroy humanity completely. He was more bloodthirsty in '93 than in "Magneto War."
    He obviously didn't want to destroy humanity completely or humanity woulda been gone. but dude I'm preeeeeeetty sure Fatal Attractions=Big EMP killed scores of people. Magneto War= small EMP. killed electronics as a warning

I'm not shocked, I'm saying this is who people are defending in threads like this. He's a villain.
    That was kinda my point. he WAS a 'villian' during all this. Or I guess the way he tried to achieve his goal was villianous.Soooo of course he's not going to act in the most upstanding way. But he's no longer a villian former reactions aren't apart of his modus operandi, buuuuut Even as a 'villian' he showed restraint: releasing a warning shot. When he finally took over Genosha...he didn't immediately order the death of every human man woman &child hell he had a human sitting at his table of leaders
    That there are humans with worse bodycounts isn't a justification for him to murder others. He's still a murderer on a scale we can barely conceive of. I don't know what to make of your last line.
    Toooootally not tryna to justify it just pointing out the hypocrisy and fallacy of thinking Magnetos or whoevers body count will somehow lead to the destruction of KraKoa when The institutions that Hero's that have a much higher kill count are still standing

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Sounds exactly like M Day.
    How So?
    He didn't directly target humans or any specific people. That woulda been Genocidal. Also his EMP only affected 616.
    a lil totally unlike MDay
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-23-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

That was kinda my point. he WAS a 'villian' during all this. Or I guess the way he tried to achieve his goal was villianous.Soooo of course he's not going to act in the most upstanding way. But he's no longer a villian former reactions aren't apart of his modus operandi, buuuuut Even as a 'villian' he showed restraint: releasing a warning shot. When he finally took over Genosha...he didn't immediately order the death of every human man woman &child hell he had a human sitting at his table of leaders
    Magneto has never really stopped being a villain. He just has stretches where he doesn't have to act as villainous as at other times.

He's never really had any lasting moments where he's regretted doing what he did or moments where he's tried to turn things around and become a better person.

Even these days when they try to say he's a hero now, they still give him villainous speaches and these big villainous entrance pages. He might not be EMPing the world right now or trying to shift the magnetic poles on the planet, but that's just because he doesn't feel he has to right now. it's not because he thinks it's a bad idea.

I think you just made a Melody/Apocalypse ship LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Oh I can assure you it existed the day the issue came out.
    Well... we kinda sorta know where Clan Akkaba came from already. Maybe Apoccy is gonna make a new Akkaba?

Uriel and Eimin are not his children at least not directly. Ichisumi and Warren Worthington dunno if either is one of his descendants. There's not a huge number of known descendants left.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Magneto has never really stopped being a villain. He just has stretches where he doesn't have to act as villainous as at other times.

He's never really had any lasting moments where he's regretted doing what he did or moments where he's tried to turn things around and become a better person.

Even these days when they try to say he's a hero now, they still give him villainous speaches and these big villainous entrance pages. He might not be EMPing the world right now or trying to shift the magnetic poles on the planet, but that's just because he doesn't feel he has to right now. it's not because he thinks it's a bad idea.
    "Magneto, not a villain" was only true under Claremont's pen and Carey's too.
    For the rest of authors, he was more or less shady,… let's say ambiguous,… and then not very sympathetic.
    I like him but not in all of his incarnations and certainly not in his current one of arrogant supremacist.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe