Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Tell that to John Proudstar or Petra or Sway They finally have a way to bring them back and he has not been seen. Guess some death has different levels of meaning depending on how important a mutant is.
    you really had to bring up those 3 as if there was ever anything stoping any writer of coming up with something to ressurect them, its a reflexion of the importance of those characthers, not their "death"

Tell that to John Proudstar or Petra or Sway They finally have a way to bring them back and he has not been seen. Guess some death has different levels of meaning depending on how important a mutant is.
    petra and Sway are back.

proudstar seems to be the uncle Ben

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    petra and Sway are back.

proudstar seems to be the uncle Ben
    Where were they??

BANNED

Where were they??
    the cover of the x-men empyre tie in

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the cover of the x-men empyre tie in

So not seen yet but popping up soon. Thanks.

Guess that just leaves no love for Thunderbird....or precogs.

Or how important they are to a storyline
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

wich has been never, its comics, death has no meaning, at least this saves me the stupid ressurections stories that are always convoluted messes
    Agree with Ferro. Death has always been a revolving door for the X-Men and their subsequent Ressurection depended more so on their popularity than anything else.

Hickman has rightfully crushed that illusion for the time being and given the writers full leeway to use obscure characters who haven't been utilized in years.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Agree with Ferro. Death has always been a revolving door for the X-Men and their subsequent Ressurection depended more so on their popularity than anything else.

Hickman has rightfully crushed that illusion for the time being and given the writers full leeway to use obscure characters who haven't been utilized in years.
    Right on. The resurrection process grants the writers so much story potential. X-Factor is getting good buzz and I have a feeling it may rise to the top.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Right on. The resurrection process grants the writers so much story potential. X-Factor is getting good buzz and I have a feeling it may rise to the top.
    The fact that Xavier was in his mind when he died, that hid brother did what he did to avenge his death, I would think Xavier would have had him at the top of the list. I am not talking some multi page re-introduction like they did with the team that 'died' on Orchis....but a single panel like with Banshee and Siryn involving James and John reuniting.

The fact that Xavier was in his mind when he died, that hid brother did what he did to avenge his death, I would think Xavier would have had him at the top of the list. I am not talking some multi page re-introduction like they did with the team that 'died' on Orchis....but a single panel like with Banshee and Siryn involving James and John reuniting.
    With all the Native American shamanism in the Xmen I'm pretty sure John has communicated with his bro that he's cool chillin in the afterlife
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    With all the Native American shamanism in the Xmen I'm pretty sure John has communicated with his bro that he's cool chillin in the afterlife
    And they very well may be planning something between John and James. Synch fans were chomping at the bit when this whole time Hickman was gearing up to bring him forward. We also know Thunderbird's DNA was used to make the mutant Sinister so I'm sure there's a story there.

wich has been never, its comics, death has no meaning, at least this saves me the stupid ressurections stories that are always convoluted messes
    But opens the door to more killings, i dont like the trade, at some point i star to think if is this people should dedicated their lives to fighting or working in Starbucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    But opens the door to more killings, i dont like the trade, at some point i star to think if is this people should dedicated their lives to fighting or working in Starbucks.
    Soooo you gotta risk your life to be a hero ?
    GrindrStone(D)

adorable that you focus on the reaction, and not the atrocious treatment that lead them to play the nations game.
    you sound like a lovely teacher that focuses more on what the bullied kid did to stand up for himself in the face of abuse, and not , you know the abuse and bullying that started it.
    I'm not interested by the humans in X-men comics: I've never followed their adventures.

"oh the muties should just offer these drugs willly nilly unlike every other pharmaceutical in the world, how dare they hold humanity acountable for all them sentinels we funded and bought, iTS NOT FAAAAAAAAIR, why cant we abuse them into submission like every other time"
    It was Xavier's intention when he made his X-men wear bright and colorful costumes that the general public identifies the mutants with heroes, do-gooders… It could have worked if every mutant did the same thing. But it wasn't the case. Far from it…

So in a way X-men's heroism was always tainted with suspicion of ulterior motives… Being a hero was a part of a strategy. But it was fine because they still risked their life for "people who fear and hunted them" which was something admirable… The X-men sincerely believed in doing the good thing like non-mutant super-heroes.

And now they don't need it anymore: they found another way.
    But I don't find realistic that their personalities have changed so much.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

It was Xavier's intention when he made his X-men wear bright and colorful costumes that the general public identifies the mutants with heroes, do-gooders… It could have worked if every mutant did the same thing. But it wasn't the case. Far from it…

So in a way X-men's heroism was always tainted with suspicion of ulterior motives… Being a hero was a part of a strategy. But it was fine because they still risked their life for "people who fear and hunted them" which was something admirable… The X-men sincerely believed in doing the good thing like non-mutant super-heroes.

And now they don't need it anymore: they found another way.
    But I don't find realistic that their personalities have changed so much.
    They're still showing that their heroes, but I can understand you feeling that they don't come off as such right now, though I think they're primarily focused on building this nation.