Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1622

if Krakoa is so concerned about the rest of the world shouldn't they just pull a Killmonger? Destabilize everything then conquer
    The J-man

It is that they have no intention of conquering. They are content simply to grow slowly as they use their economic might to end racism from within other countries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    if Krakoa is so concerned about the rest of the world shouldn't they just pull a Killmonger? Destabilize everything then conquer
    I mean when you're immortal there really isn't much of a rush.

why wai tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is that they have no intention of conquering. They are content simply to grow slowly as they use their economic might to end racism from within other countries.
    Using their economic might to end racism? I was about to right a long questioning response to this statement, but I'll just say simply no to get too into the weeds here, I feel that's a surprising stance to take given some of the leadership of Krakoa and their shared experiences with the world and human at large.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-11-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

why wai tho?

Using their economic might to end racism? I was about to right a long question response to this, but not getting too intot he weeds here. I feel that's a surprising stance to take given some of the leadership of Krakoa and their shared experiences with the world and human at large.
    I mean Magneto detailed the outline of the plan pretty well at the economic summit in X-Men #4.

Krakoa does not want a war with the rest of the world.

Much of the racism that we live today is promoted by economic powers.

It does not seem irrational to me to want to use the same means against it. If a news channel is dedicated to making fake news that makes the population have racist ideas, I do not see it illegitimate to finance your own news channel to counteract it and try to buy the first channel to change the message they give.

As Magneto says: This is how in capitalist society we have been taught to fight legitimately. If humans wanted to counter this they could, but not without ceasing to be capitalists. It is a bug in the system that Krakoa takes advantage of.

Much of the racism that we live today is promoted by economic powers.

It does not seem irrational to me to want to use the same means against it. If a news channel is dedicated to making fake news that makes the population have racist ideas, I do not see it illegitimate to finance your own news channel to counteract it and try to buy the first channel to change the message they give.

As Magneto says: This is how in capitalist society we have been taught to fight legitimately. If humans wanted to counter this they could, but not without ceasing to be capitalists. It is a bug in the system that Krakoa takes advantage of.
    And why you would be more believed than the channels who promote racism?

It seems to me that you should place emphasis on professionalism and integrity and report accurately facts to counter ideology not wanting to replace an ideology by another.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And why you would be more believed than the channels who promote racism?

It seems to me that you should place emphasis on professionalism and integrity and report accurately facts to counter ideology not wanting to replace an ideology by another.
    Where did I say that this mutant news channel has to use fake news?

But fake news moves much faster than real news, because lies are always more bombastic than reality. So to tell the truth you need a LOT of money.

Just the money that Xavier and Magneto are willing to use.

By controlling money they can do much more than they ever dreamed of using their powers. Is an arms company developing a new Sentinel system? You buy that company. Can't buy it? You buy all those suppliers you can. Are racist politicians funded by racist millionaires? You finance politicians who are anti-racist yourself.

Before the X-Men solved everything using violence when the problem manifested itself in a violent way, now they have the opportunity to change the world in a more profound way.

Magneto no longer wants to go to war because he knows that what I am describing is more effective. Even Gorgon and Apocalypse have been convinced that this new way of "making war" is more effective and they are psychos.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If it were anyone other than Hickman I definitely would have assumed a World War X type thing was the end game reveal, but since it is Hickman that's very unlikely, at least in his run.

Or T'Challa deciding that he can't WhatsApp for five minutes to Storm while she has the fate of the world on her shoulders.
    That’s a bad example as it was a fabricated issue between them that was invented solely within this story so that the story could play out that way rather than being a problem between the 2 that existed within their relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If it were anyone other than Hickman I definitely would have assumed a World War X type thing was the end game reveal, but since it is Hickman that's very unlikely, at least in his run.
    I would love it if at the end of this run the world comes to the aid of mutantdom as a sort of subversion to way things have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really don't understand why some people want to believe so hard that the X-Men are now human hating supervillains? Especially since that's like opposite was being portrayed in the books.
    While not villains, they certainly don’t seem to be heroes either with the actions that they do being essentially politically motivated within their own interests as opposed to common interests between both themselves and humans. For example, when it came to the Cotati invasion, despite having both the numbers and access to the entire planet instantly, at no point did they assist anyone outside of their own in spite of the fact that the entire planet was in danger. The only 3 locations that they did anything with was Krakoa, Genosha and the moon. Wolverine was the only one who helped beyond mutantkind. While I get that their main concern is mutantkind, it’d be great if we could actually see some outreach and bridge building with humans especially those who are longtime friends and allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    While not villains, they certainly don’t seem to be heroes either with the actions that they do being essentially politically motivated within their own interests as opposed to common interests between both themselves and humans. For example, when it came to the Cotati invasion, despite having both the numbers and access to the entire planet instantly, at no point did they assist anyone outside of their own in spite of the fact that the entire planet was in danger. The only 3 locations that they did anything with was Krakoa, Genosha and the moon. Wolverine was the only one who helped beyond mutantkind. While I get that their main concern is mutantkind, it’d be great if we could actually see some outreach and bridge building with humans especially those who are longtime friends and allies.
    It seems that in King is Black some mutants can be seen in New York alongside human heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What are you even talking about? They're literally about to fight in a magical tournament (where death is a real possibility for them) in order to save the world. And nowhere was it stated that the X-men didn't help out other nations during the invasion, but since they were dealing with an island of zombies and plant people and also evacuating thousands and thousands of their citizens to Antarctica while simultaneously fighting back a alien invasion on Krakoa and the Moon I can't really blame them for being too occupied to help out.

If the world is being invaded by aliens why wouldn't the X-Men also fight that alien threat since they also, you know, LIVE ON THE WORLD.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What are you even talking about? They're literally about to fight in a magical tournament (where death is a real possibility for them) in order to save the world. And nowhere was it stated that the X-men didn't help out other nations during the invasion, but since they were dealing with an island of zombies and plant people and also evacuating thousands and thousands of their citizens to Antarctica while simultaneously fighting back a alien invasion on Krakoa and the Moon I can't really blame them for being too occupied to help out.

If the world is being invaded by aliens why wouldn't the X-Men also fight that alien threat since they also, you know, LIVE ON THE WORLD.
    What they're literally doing is fixing their own mess. The world being in danger is the result of the actions of mutants. They don't get any brownie points or special praise for that, it's the least they should do. But it is funny that they feel they should screw over other nations and steal things that don't belong to them in order to fix their problems.