Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

wait what issue is this?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wait what issue is this?
    That Marvel Voices issue that just came out

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    "Marvel's Voices" had a very unexpected story. It seems the Radioactive Spider that bit both Spider-Man and Silk is alive, having mutated through Gamma Energy and being altered by Peter and Cindy's human DNA, just like they were affected by the spider's DNA. If this story happens in Earth-616, does this mean Peter and Cindy will soon meet this spider anytime soon? Which do you think it will be their reaction?
    I mean - that's how Jessica Drew's original origin story went in Marvel Spotlight 32. That is the Spider Turned Human part.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Honestly, this sounds like a bad fan fiction thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Honestly, this sounds like a bad fan fiction thing.
    Welcome to comics

What kind of bullshit is this? Just keep the dead spider dead and ignore every other thing that came out of it as some bad shared dream the Universe had cause one reason or another, or just turn them to effing dust and forget about them entirely.

Spider bit Peter, spider died. No one ate its dead corpse, nobody felt the need to expose it to any other kind of radiation, nobody ate its corpse cause he was jealous of the guy he used to mercilessly bully and that turns him to 1000 spiders that need to eat people and steal their skin to survive, the spider didn't move to bit another person who can magically kick the ass of someone with years of experience in combat against heavy weights like the Thing....

Only Spider-People this world needs are Peter Parker and Jessica Drew, and maybe Julia Carpenter to inspire the symbiote design, but let her lose her powers. None of the Madame Web nonsense, Spider-Man shouldn't have cosmic or psychic connections outside of some guest adventures. Send Miles back to his home world now that it's rebuilt, keep Miguel O'Hara in his decade, and no more Spider-Verse, Spidergeddon, or any multi world adventures.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    What kind of bullshit is this? Just keep the dead spider dead and ignore every other thing that came out of it as some bad shared dream the Universe had cause one reason or another, or just turn them to effing dust and forget about them entirely.

Spider bit Peter, spider died. No one ate its dead corpse, nobody felt the need to expose it to any other kind of radiation, nobody ate its corpse cause he was jealous of the guy he used to mercilessly bully and that turns him to 1000 spiders that need to eat people and steal their skin to survive, the spider didn't move to bit another person who can magically kick the ass of someone with years of experience in combat against heavy weights like the Thing....

Only Spider-People this world needs are Peter Parker and Jessica Drew, and maybe Julia Carpenter to inspire the symbiote design, but let her lose her powers. None of the Madame Web nonsense, Spider-Man shouldn't have cosmic or psychic connections outside of some guest adventures. Send Miles back to his home world now that it's rebuilt, keep Miguel O'Hara in his decade, and no more Spider-Verse, Spidergeddon, or any multi world adventures.
    This kind of over-reaction is why comics are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    This kind of over-reaction is why comics are struggling.
    I speak nothing against retconing deaths like the return of Jason Todd and James Buchanan Barnes, I advocate weird stuff like electric, split into halves, and multi-dimensional split Superman, I spoke nothing against making Peter Parker a person chosen by strange English talking giant otherworldly spiders, I have nothing against Spider-Man's weird origin. I love Hulk and speak nothing against the weird origin of "his bomb blew up in his face, now you wouldn't like him when he's angry", I have nothing against Wolverine's claws being the result of lacing his bones with adamantium although I prefer him having claw of bones prior to the operation....

But then comes crap like OMD and then this, that test my limits enduring eccentric stuff in stories, and you tell me what I think is overreaction.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

iMan 42s

To put this into some better perspective;

This is creating a character out of the spider that bit Peter Parker in a comic that's a bunch of stories you'd be forgiven having forgotten it was coming out. This is a fairly big thing that doesn't really have any bearing on current Spider or Hulk titles, and using the Hulk as an excuse for this to even happen in the first place. Bear in mind that the Spider died of radiation poisoning shortly after it bit Peter, then it dies a bit later after also having bit Cindy, who then goes on to be eaten to make Thousand, who then goes on to get crushed to death, who then resurrects to being tested in a lab. That's overly convoluted even at Thousand. But it becomes big and intelligent and is inspired by Spider-man to fight crime while also eating criminals. I'm not even sure why it's called goddess other than it's trying hard not to be called Arachne, or it's a "clever" way of doing just that.

Frankly it would be clever if this was pieces falling into play to find out who or what Kindred is, but it's the convoluted origins of a superhero made out of the power source in a book you'd forget was even on the rack. It's like making a superhero out of Iron man's pace maker..., like why did you even bother?

It's entirely harmless but it doesn't leave me wanting a Goddess book, it's a story that makes for a weird entry on Marvel Database and maybe an episode of Fact fiend.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Welcome to comics
    Even by the standards of crazy stuff the medium sometimes does, this is a whole new level of "what the heck was in the water when someone signed off on this?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    ...Frankly it would be clever if this was pieces falling into play to find out who or what Kindred is, but it's the convoluted origins of a superhero made out of the power source in a book you'd forget was even on the rack. It's like making a superhero out of Iron man's pace maker..., like why did you even bother?....
    Hahahahahaha, priceless, thanks for a good laugh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'll be honest. When I skimmed the initial post, I thought it was a fanfic proposal. So the concept doesn't excite me.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I don't know, honestly. If this is actually what happened to the radiocative spider that bit Spider-Man and Silk, this could actually bring some interesting stories. I mean, how about if its bite could also create more "Spider-People" like Peter or Cindy. Of course, this wouldn't be like "Spider Island 2.0", but I find it quite intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I speak nothing against retconing deaths like the return of Jason Todd and James Buchanan Barnes, I advocate weird stuff like electric, split into halves, and multi-dimensional split Superman, I spoke nothing against making Peter Parker a person chosen by strange English talking giant otherworldly spiders, I have nothing against Spider-Man's weird origin. I love Hulk and speak nothing against the weird origin of "his bomb blew up in his face, now you wouldn't like him when he's angry", I have nothing against Wolverine's claws being the result of lacing his bones with adamantium although I prefer him having claw of bones prior to the operation....

But then comes crap like OMD and then this, that test my limits enduring eccentric stuff in stories, and you tell me what I think is overreaction.
    Its hideously unlikely this story will ever turn up in anything but wikis and trivia notes. If Goddess suddenly becomes a big deal then yeah sure, your "Burn the franchise down" appeoach will be understandable, still silly and ruinous but understandable. As is ? Your being ridiculous.