Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default "Goddess" - Something good or something bad?

"Marvel's Voices" had a very unexpected story. It seems the Radioactive Spider that bit both Spider-Man and Silk is alive, having mutated through Gamma Energy and being altered by Peter and Cindy's human DNA, just like they were affected by the spider's DNA. If this story happens in Earth-616, does this mean Peter and Cindy will soon meet this spider anytime soon? Which do you think it will be their reaction?

I'm sorry...say what you just said again: the spider that bit Peter and Cindy MUTATED and became it's own character? Good Lord, Marvel...

I choose to ignore this haha.

Astonishing Member

It stands to reason being eaten by Thousand didn’t help things either

iMan 42s

So it mutated into a thing despite being dead and later eaten by what would become Thousand...., yeah ok.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Fantastic Member

It’s cross lore wirh Hulk. The spider did die but because its a gamma mutate it follows the same rules as Hulk - it revives every night regardless of how it died.

Thumbs up

This sounds pretty terrible (and is a massive retcon considering Thousand ate it after it died), in all frankness.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

..... Uh, no thanks. But hey, the writer and artist got paid, so, kudos.

Extraordinary Member

I thought this was an adorable story! I didn't realize so many of you guys didn't like it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This sounds pretty terrible (and is a massive retcon considering Thousand ate it after it died), in all frankness.
    Its not actually terrible, I'm pretty sure its not in continuity but it isn't a horrible story and is fun (as long as it stays a What If? type story) IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Its not actually terrible, I'm pretty sure its not in continuity but it isn't a horrible story and is fun (as long as it stays a What If? type story) IMHO.
    If you say so, I say no thanks. The whole thing sounds gimmicking, overly contrived, and stupid to me.

PS I hope you are correct about this story not being part of 616 continuity.

iMan 42s

So in short;

- It bit Peter
    - It bit Cindy
    - It was eaten to make Thousand
    - And on-top of that is a gamma mutate who has resurrected since then.
    - The spider implies that after it regenerated it felt Thousand but as copies of itself.
    - It would go on to grow big and witness a battle between Spider-man and Silk with the Green Goblin..., except I don't think either had ever been together fighting Green Goblin during Superior Spider-man or the Red Goblin incident. It could be during Clone Conspiracy but I don't think both had been near Bart Hamilton either, nor why the spider would've been tested with the Jackal's clones.

And frankly I'm not sure what this implies about Peter either as he is a little radioactive but he isn't involved with the Hulk stuff and he's been a Hulk twice. The green door is also there for TOBA to find a suitable host to possess. Be it to goad on others or bring about Hell on Earth and I'm not sure what it even gains from going through the spider. The Hulk was important because of its sheer strength and most of its allies are gamma mutates so it makes sense to resurrect them. While the Hulk has met Spider-man it has never met the spider nor likely would even want to meet it. Resurrection is a power the Hulk has because it's a suitable host for TOBA, not because it's a power that mutates have.

The other issue I have is that it also doesn't make sense to even make. Marvel constantly puts out Spider-man titles and it would put out one about a giant talking Spider? Not any of the other characters people want new solos for? Like why even bother if it's likely never to be brought up in Hulk or even get a solo book? What's the point of going through the effort in making the spider a character?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

This situation reminds me of the "Manger Babies" from King of the Hill. As the preacher first told Luanne when she pitched the idea - "But after Jesus leaves the manger the Bible follows, well, Jesus he's, kind of, the star. The animals don't matter." lol.

Extraordinary Member

I really think some of you guys are overthinking this. This was just a cute little story about a giant spider who mights crime.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So in short;

- It bit Peter
    - It bit Cindy
    - It was eaten to make Thousand
    - And on-top of that is a gamma mutate who has resurrected since then.
    - The spider implies that after it regenerated it felt Thousand but as copies of itself.
    - It would go on to grow big and witness a battle between Spider-man and Silk with the Green Goblin..., except I don't think either had ever been together fighting Green Goblin during Superior Spider-man or the Red Goblin incident. It could be during Clone Conspiracy but I don't think both had been near Bart Hamilton either, nor why the spider would've been tested with the Jackal's clones.

And frankly I'm not sure what this implies about Peter either as he is a little radioactive but he isn't involved with the Hulk stuff and he's been a Hulk twice. The green door is also there for TOBA to find a suitable host to possess. Be it to goad on others or bring about Hell on Earth and I'm not sure what it even gains from going through the spider. The Hulk was important because of its sheer strength and most of its allies are gamma mutates so it makes sense to resurrect them. While the Hulk has met Spider-man it has never met the spider nor likely would even want to meet it. Resurrection is a power the Hulk has because it's a suitable host for TOBA, not because it's a power that mutates have.

The other issue I have is that it also doesn't make sense to even make. Marvel constantly puts out Spider-man titles and it would put out one about a giant talking Spider? Not any of the other characters people want new solos for? Like why even bother if it's likely never to be brought up in Hulk or even get a solo book? What's the point of going through the effort in making the spider a character?
    Considering the revelation that the spider that bit Peter (and Cindy) was an agent or emissary of the Web of Life and Destiny, connecting and empowering humans on a potentially cosmic or metaphysical level to its multi- or interdimensional structure woven through the fabric of reality itself . . . The One Below All could hijack the Web through that gamma-mutated spider and maybe accelerate the descent of the Marvel Multiverse into The Hell Below All.
    The spider is always on the hunt.