BANNED

Default Did we ever see what were the House of M deepest desires?

Like some were more explicitly mentioned like wolverine wanting his memories back, and doom i think getting a family similar to reed's?

Some seem to be implied like captain america staying in the past instead of getting trapped in the ice and got to do stuff like capture hitler, kill redskull etc captain marvel I guess... lived up to the kind of hero she could be and was the greatest hero of that reality?

Some minor characters had their wishes explicitly laid out like Nuke wanting to not be stupid, or mole man getting a nice kingdom for his moloids

But many seem odd or atleast we're not told what their desire was

Doctor strange... became a psychologist?
    Luke cage... became a gang leader slash human underground resistance member?
    spider-man saved uncle ben, got married to gwen stacy and became a celebrity also the most popular mutant of that world?
    Iron man... participates in robot rumbles with his dad who's still kind of a dick to him?
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 02-21-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Correct about Carol. Her second Ms. Marvel solo book actually launched out of House of M, and her drive in that series was to improve her reputation and popularity, as many civilians didn't even know she existed. She wanted her reality to be like it was in House of M. She finally achieved it after Secret Wars, by which time she'd also changed her name to Captain Marvel, the name she had in the House of M reality.

Peter, of course, was just pretending to be a mutant, and in fact had the same origin as in the real Earth-616. Carol was popular in spite of not being a mutant and I guess Peter knew that wouldn't be the case for him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

I don't think it was as much as deepest desires, so much as fixing deepest regrets of their lives, even when those regrets have been resolved.

Peter's biggest regret was the death of uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy. As a result of those things never happening, Peter stayed with Gwen as a natural progression. That is not to say Peter before house of M wishes he was still with Gwen or that he wasn't in love with MJ, but that Gwen's death was that big a deal for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    That is not to say Peter before house of M wishes he was still with Gwen or that he wasn't in love with MJ, but that Gwen's death was that big a deal for him.
    That story where he married Gwen has him becoming a jerk, and it's implied that he's cheating on Gwen with MJ...and he's also bald.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Correct about Carol. Her second Ms. Marvel solo book actually launched out of House of M, and her drive in that series was to improve her reputation and popularity, as many civilians didn't even know she existed. She wanted her reality to be like it was in House of M. She finally achieved it after Secret Wars, by which time she'd also changed her name to Captain Marvel, the name she had in the House of M reality.

Peter, of course, was just pretending to be a mutant, and in fact had the same origin as in the real Earth-616. Carol was popular in spite of not being a mutant and I guess Peter knew that wouldn't be the case for him.
    Hmm if you sort of follow carol's book, it was more like the My Hero Academia version of becoming the best hero, trying to better not just in making a difference, but also having higher approval ratings so she could inspire people (i think she was trying to emulate captain america who was considered the most prominent hero, along with some others like Dr strange who had the same publicist as carol). There was even a meta aspect to it, since the publicist would use book names ("Astonishing X-men" when she brought up that the x-men have their publicist and brand)

However as the book went on she felt like getting her name out was just some silly stuff, finally fully leaving that aspect in secret invasion that her popularity/rep was a waste and she really wants to make a difference
    Her "greatest desire" also changed around war of the marvels, to be free of her burdens https://i.imgur.com/ilLVljW.jpg?1

By the end it was just being the best you can be with without worrying about any ratings and just living up to your potential in general https://i.imgur.com/yIjI19l.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That story where he married Gwen has him becoming a jerk, and it's implied that he's cheating on Gwen with MJ...and he's also bald.
    i don't think it was implied, it was just celebrity gossip since she was playing his wife the movie. MJ was with tony in that reality.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanSkavisnky View Post
    I don't think it was as much as deepest desires, so much as fixing deepest regrets of their lives, even when those regrets have been resolved.

Peter's biggest regret was the death of uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy. As a result of those things never happening, Peter stayed with Gwen as a natural progression. That is not to say Peter before house of M wishes he was still with Gwen or that he wasn't in love with MJ, but that Gwen's death was that big a deal for him.

If you want to believe the Son of M book, peter said that he he realized his one true love was gwen stacy

https://i.imgur.com/wJ5RDv0.jpg?1

It was similar in the earth X wish granting mindscape pete had where he was with gwen

Of course, if you feel it contradicts with characterization you can disregard it.

We didn't see Xavier because he spent all the time in front of a mirror admiring his long head of hair.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."