Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
In this case, I take Wizard. 20th level, access to a host of high-level useful D&D spells including 'Wish' and 'Shapechange' (to get access to various creatures' spell-like powers and so forth), I figure I can manage to do a lot to keep myself and those important to me alive for a long, long time. Also making magical items. Also staying hidden and safe. And easily moving around the world to do whatever we want.
(20,000 gp)(1g=1 Troy ounce)($1,675/ounce)=$33,502,000

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 11.20.51 AM.jpg

The Plot Gods are wise beyond measure....

Are you interested in a collaboration? We could communicate via crystal ball from our towers.

Basically, we'd be studying hypotheses like the Many Worlds Hypothesis and the Cognitive Theoretical Model of the Universe (CTMU), but actually using spells and magic to scry other universes and dimensions.

We could be the first living human beings from our world to actually have a verifiable map for the structure of reality and visit other universes. If one of us was 'mission control' here at home, watching through a scrying globe, the first Gate to an alternate Earth or other dimension would have less risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
I'll avoid interactions with most people, due to the fact that I've seen that 'Rumblers getting enormous power' often seems to lead to power-games, fighting, and so forth, and I'm rather disinterested in all of that.
Everyone gets a stat boost to Wisdom: 18, so that may help alleviate matters somewhat. One hopes.