Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Default The Clone Wars: Season 7

The first episode, Bad Batch, dropped today and I have to say that it was fantastic to see this show again.

iMan 42s

I remember watching the unfinished version of this episode. Can't remember if there was things changed between them but I thought it was pretty close. Is this releasing like The Mandolorian?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I remember watching the unfinished version of this episode. Can't remember if there was things changed between them but I thought it was pretty close. Is this releasing like The Mandolorian?
    Yup. It will be releasing weekly. Personally I'm going to wait for the season to be over to watch it. Clone Wars is the type of series that's better on a binge.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Yeah, saw the Story reels, too. Would be great to see it in finished form.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

spoilers:
    I love how they brought back the episode moral and the Tom Kane narration. Clone Wars is really back .

Fittingly for Clone Wars, the episode is pretty much just Dee Bradley Baker talking to himself .

Anakin seemed unusually quiet and pensive. I guess he might've become more withdrawn with Ahsoka gone and as we get closer to Episode III.

I'm honestly not surprised they'd start modifying Clones for explicit purposes. I mean, kind of dubious ethically, but I can't argue with the results. The Bad Batch are like a more edgy Republic Commandos.

Is Wrecker the first Clone without any hint of an accent?

Hunter is basically Snake Plisskin.

I almost feel bad for the regular Battle Droids at this point...
    end of spoilers

It was a great opening episode. Good to see things are off to a solid start.

I loved Anakin's reaction to the Batch's unique *ahem* decoration painted on the outside of their ship.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It was a great opening episode. Good to see things are off to a solid start.

I loved Anakin's reaction to the Batch's unique *ahem* decoration painted on the outside of their ship.
    Remember that from the story reels version.

spoilers:
    Too bad nothing came of it.
    end of spoilers
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Not surprising given prior episodes and the Mandalorian that one of the troopers is pretty much Clint Eastwood....and of course Hunter is an obvious Rambo homage.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I really enjoyed the scene with Anakin and Padme, and the look Anakin shot Obi-Wan when he revealed that his secret was known to him.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I really enjoyed the scene with Anakin and Padme, and the look Anakin shot Obi-Wan when he revealed that his secret was known to him.
    And apparently Rex knew too? So it wasn't just Ahsoka?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And apparently Rex knew too? So it wasn't just Ahsoka?
    Rex is his right hand man so I always thought he must have known, but the scene here with him covering for Anakin was great. The fact that they've built up these relationships for so long and these situations seem so real is a testament to the quality of this show.

I'm sure Palpatine knew as well, from ROTS. Although I'm not sure if:

1)Anakin told him, like he did about his mother and the sandpeople
    2)The priest told Palpatine (non-canon explanation from the ROTS novel)
    3) It was so obvious Palpatine just figured it out
    4) He read Anakin's mind pretty much, after all Vader found out about "sister" from Luke in ROTJ.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

4) He read Anakin's mind pretty much, after all Vader found out about "sister" from Luke in ROTJ.
    I'd go with mind reading myself

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I've always been a fan of (and assumed) it was the first option, that Anakin just told him. Anakin trusted Palpatine, in many ways more than he ever did Obi-Wan. He didn't feel like he was letting Palpatine down with his actions, and Palpatine always made a point of being supportive and understanding to lure Anakin in. Just the fact that Anakin shared the sand people story should show you how completely he trusts Palpatine by that point.

One of the more underappreciated aspects of Anakin's journey through the prequels is just how much of Anakin's fall is born from the mistrust he feels towards the Jedi Council and the organization as a whole after Qui-Gon dies. While his path certainly wasn't inevitable or unchangeable, and his fall is ultimately due exclusively to his own selfishness and poor choices, it truly begins in that very first meeting between the child Ani and the council. I'm not sure anybody on the Council catches it, but that look Jake Lloyd gives them after Yoda gives his "Fear leads to anger" speech has "I'll show you old man!" written all over it. It's prideful, and hate adjacent. Which always gave Palpatine fertile ground for his machinations.

I love this season so far, great job by all involved.

I hope we get to see Anakin as Vader in animated form preferably in the brief period before he dons the iconic suit as that would be a first. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."