Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

So looks like the Mandalore arc will lead directly into ROTS.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Now that was a lot more like it.

You know it's all been building up to this one arc when it gets the cinematic title and the whole cinematography and animation feel like on a whole different level to the past two arcs. It would not surprise me if the idea of editing these four episodes together into a full movie has been considered, and it would be a fitting way of bringing the series to a close given it began with a theatrical film.

It was awesome seeing Grievous again for a brief second, and with his updated model. It's probably too much to hope for a Dooku cameo at the rate things are going.

The feels at seeing Plo-Koon and Aayla in the same locations we know they're going to die .

The Shaak-Ti mention is a nice nod to the 2D Clone Wars cartoon.

I get where Ahsoka's coming from, and we know in hindsight everything started going downhill after the Battle of Coruscant, but on-paper it would seem kind of stupid not to go rescue the head of the government running practically the entire army and Coruscant. I feel like there's a hard line between playing "politics" and just acting with common sense. At least Anakin had the smarts to figure they could just divide their forces.

That intro may have been the last time we see Anakin and Obi-Wan together in battle on the show, but that is definitively the last time Anakin and Ahsoka see each other before Rebels. It was a touching moment moment and send-off between the two .

Ha, Gar Saxon! Mandalore have really embraced their warrior heritage again.

iMan 42s

I wouldn't say this makes up for how bad the last arc was but I'll admit it's a Hell of a step in the right direction.

Ahsoka's line about not going for the chancellor only makes sense if we know he's a Sith lord and at this point nobody should know that. But I think it definitely works to highlight how out of touch even Ahsoka is. Not going to rescue the Chancellor especially even the capital is a very dumb idea and works to show how much the old Jedi really don't get it. Sure Ahsoka is doing better than the other's but she's just as fallible. Anakin dividing forces is a good idea.

Definitely like this episode a lot more than I did the last.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ahsoka's line about not going for the chancellor only makes sense if we know he's a Sith lord and at this point nobody should know that..
    Ahsoka wasn't saying they shouldn't rescue Chancellor Palpatine. She was saying that saving one man, even the leader of the Republic, shouldn't come before saving an entire planet full of people. Also, that there are many Jedi left that could be sent to rescue Palpatine but the Order immediately sends it's best, and diverts them from meaningful assignments to do so. It's the kind of blind, institutionalized favoritism that has distanced the Jedi from the regular citizens of the galaxy. If you're high and mighty or rich and powerful the Jedi will be there to save you. If you're poor and unremarkable, who shows up to help you?

Her point, made quite eloquently by the episode, is that the Jedi have been reduced to acting as puppets for the Republic government and it's wealthy and powerful "leaders" instead of actually working to benefit the Republic's people.

I imagine she's not too fond of Palpatine since the trial.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ahsoka wasn't saying they shouldn't rescue Chancellor Palpatine. She was saying that saving one man, even the leader of the Republic, shouldn't come before saving an entire planet full of people. Also, that there are many Jedi left that could be sent to rescue Palpatine but the Order immediately sends it's best, and diverts them from meaningful assignments to do so. It's the kind of blind, institutionalized favoritism that has distanced the Jedi from the regular citizens of the galaxy. If you're high and mighty or rich and powerful the Jedi will be there to save you. If you're poor and unremarkable, who shows up to help you?

Her point, made quite eloquently by the episode, is that the Jedi have been reduced to acting as puppets for the Republic government and it's wealthy and powerful "leaders" instead of actually working to benefit the Republic's people.
    I wouldn't go that far as the Republic even being here is said to break treaties as much as it's not even a matter of the Republic. Sure the former government was deposed but the Republic has little stake on Mandalore outside of having a Sith lord potentially leading via shadow government. And even then it's a personal issue for Bo-Katan and the Jedi. Bo-Katan having a personal issue because her terrorist faction fell before Maul's could come in and takeover, and the Jedi and Sith have a blood feud that the average citizen has no context for or reason to care about. In the grand scheme of things the attack on the Republic capital is significantly more important than letting another terrorist cell step in even if it's for the capture of a Sith lord nobodies sure is still there.

And yeah, Maul is pretty much the reason why they go. The public was for Death Watch once they got the PR moving and Maul stepping in as leader changed little aside from letting the Mandos go fight again. Maul as well wasn't even the public face nor the one in charge of the day to day operations, Almec was. Maul kept things going but nothing has indicated Maul was bad at this or that the people had been oppressed. It's an operation to install a terrorist cell because the terrorist cell currently in charge is lead by a Sith but unaffiliated to the Sith they're currently fighting that's in charge of the Seperatists.

And jumping ahead here the only time Mandalore was ever stable was under the control of Maul or the Empire. Bo-Katan simply never worked out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I wouldn't say this makes up for how bad the last arc was but I'll admit it's a Hell of a step in the right direction.

Ahsoka's line about not going for the chancellor only makes sense if we know he's a Sith lord and at this point nobody should know that. But I think it definitely works to highlight how out of touch even Ahsoka is. Not going to rescue the Chancellor especially even the capital is a very dumb idea and works to show how much the old Jedi really don't get it. Sure Ahsoka is doing better than the other's but she's just as fallible. Anakin dividing forces is a good idea.

Definitely like this episode a lot more than I did the last.
    Yeah, Anakin made the reasonable decisions to split their forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Well, in sending their best they end up turning the tide, saving the Chancellor, and killing Dooku so on-paper it wasn't a bad move.

Without any foreknowledge of who Palpatine really is I don't think it should be seen as an easy decision one way or another when you've got a dicey situation on Mandalore while on the other hand you have the head of your central government and the capital at risk. It wasn't because Palpatine was rich, wealthy, and upper class that they went to save him but because of his position in the galaxy and the war effort. I know that certainly wasn't what Obi-Wan was thinking, and he has the most reason to go after Maul of anyone save for Bo-Katan. He's just pragmatic enough as a Jedi to think they are needed elsewhere. Which might be another issue altogether, but still.

Which ironically also derails Maul's plan because he was planning on Obi-Wan showing up instead of Ahsoka.

There's some slight sadness perhaps in that the 501st group that goes with Anakin and Obi-Wan are ultimately the troopers who lead the assault on the temple in ROTS.

Of course despite the slaughter in the tunnels I think there's still a few Ashoka 501st still there who might get Order 66. Except Rex, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some slight sadness perhaps in that the 501st group that goes with Anakin and Obi-Wan are ultimately the troopers who lead the assault on the temple in ROTS.

Of course despite the slaughter in the tunnels I think there's still a few Ashoka 501st still there who might get Order 66. Except Rex, of course.
    The second to last episode is about Order 66.

*crosses fingers* We need a cameo by pre-suit Vader. I so want to see him in animated form, if only briefly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

They really stepped up the music game this time. The way the music started with the classic movie theme and morphed into Ahsoka's theme as she leapt from dropship to dropship was masterful.

The previous arc really should have been 2 episodes shorter, but this 1 moved fast. I assume the battle with Maul will conclude next episode and the final 2 episodes will be about Ahsoka escaping Order 66. ROTS takes place over several days between Anakin's dream, his promotion to the Council and orders to spy on Palps, the opera scene, Obi Wan being sent to kill Grievous, and finally the reveal that the chancellor is the sith and Anakin's betrayal. I cannot see the fight with Maul going on as long as it would take for Obi Wan to meet Grievous on Utapau.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    They really stepped up the music game this time. The way the music started with the classic movie theme and morphed into Ahsoka's theme as she leapt from dropship to dropship was masterful.

The previous arc really should have been 2 episodes shorter, but this 1 moved fast. I assume the battle with Maul will conclude next episode and the final 2 episodes will be about Ahsoka escaping Order 66. ROTS takes place over several days between Anakin's dream, his promotion to the Council and orders to spy on Palps, the opera scene, Obi Wan being sent to kill Grievous, and finally the reveal that the chancellor is the sith and Anakin's betrayal. I cannot see the fight with Maul going on as long as it would take for Obi Wan to meet Grievous on Utapau.
    Ahsoka might take some time staying for the reconstruction of Mandalore before they try to take Maul back and then Order 66 happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    *crosses fingers* We need a cameo by pre-suit Vader. I so want to see him in animated form, if only briefly.
    The Mortis arc *sort of* did that. Might be tricky as Ashoka isn't aware that Anakin is Vader until Rebels, and even then she's not 100% sure until she damages the mask. It's possible however that she gets Obi-Wan's message though, which would be a nice bridge between the series as of course Ezra sees it later on. (I've read the Ashoka novel but it's been a while so I'm not sure if that factored in somewhere).