Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

It seems that defeating or at least surviving a Sith Lord allows you to pretty much bypass "the trials" as we saw with Obi-Wan, possibly Anakin, and pretty much Luke. Guess that makes Rey a Knight too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Obi Wan was still a padawan when he cut Maul in half and Luke was still a padawan with basically just a few weeks of training when he defeated Darth Vader. Yoda outright stated Luke could not be considered a full-fledged Jedi until after he fought Vader again. There's nothing new about someone who has not been given the rank of knight or master by the council being as powerful or more powerful than others who have been given those ranks.
    Both Obi Wan/Luke took Maul/Vader by surprise - and Vader was probably holding back/experiencing an emotional conflict.

And considered that there are at least 100 Jedi Masters and as of her Maul fight Ahsoka was just 17! I think its a safe bet to claim that she isnt even in the top 100. Or at least she shouldnt be.

On the other hand, her Plot Armour powers allowed her to stall the mighty General Grievous when she was 14/15 and had less than 1/3 of Grievous weight……...
    Last edited by Celestialbeyonder; 04-27-2020 at 07:26 AM.

I think she's close to being at Jedi Knight level but probably not Obi-Wan/Anakin levels.

She couldn't beat Maul in a straight-up duel, so she had to basically out-manuever and use his mental instability against him. It also helps that he wasn't trying to kill her.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbeyonder View Post
    ....On the other hand, her Plot Armour powers allowed her to stall the mighty General Grievous when she was 14/15 and had less than 1/3 of Grievous weight……...
    I must admit this is the one Ahsoka feat I never approved of. The same goes for Ventress owning Grievous on Dathomir. Poor General Grievous was done dirty in the CGI series especially when compared to other media adaptations of the character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Ahsoka probably started out too powerful. In the movie where she was introduced she kept up with Anakin too well. Then in season 1 she faced Grievous, though he did have her dead to rights and she had to run away. The not much later she fought Ventress alongside Luminara, a master on the council, and Luminara actually needed her help. It took till the end of season 1 before she started having failures and needing to grow from them. There is a reason she was hated early on.

Extraordinary Member

Her plot armor early on was pretty obnoxious, but I like to think that one of the twists of being Anakin’s Padawan is being exceptionally skilled int he martial aspects of being a Jedi... and lacking in the philosophical part.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I must admit this is the one Ahsoka feat I never approved of. The same goes for Ventress owning Grievous on Dathomir. Poor General Grievous was done dirty in the CGI series especially when compared to other media adaptations of the character.
    The others aren't canon anymore and the ones still part of it mainly seem to portray him as closer to the movie version, who was much weaker.

The Tartovsky depiction I think was in part to build up hype for Revenge of the Sith; although in an interesting way when ROTS was in post the character was tweaked a bit to more closely resemble/"act" like in the cartoon.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Tartovsky depiction I think was in part to build up hype for Revenge of the Sith; although in an interesting way when ROTS was in post the character was tweaked a bit to more closely resemble/"act" like in the cartoon.
    Yeah, they even had him get Force Pushed in the cartoon to explain his breathing problem in RoTS. In Clone Wars he had it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The others aren't canon anymore and the ones still part of it mainly seem to portray him as closer to the movie version, who was much weaker....
    They're still canon to me dammit!

LOL, had to get that off my chest.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Lets also not forget as good as Ahsoka is Maul was not really trying to kill her for the majority of the fight. It was not until the very end when Maul was actually about to get serious and kill her. I think if Maul had really been trying to kill her the fight would have not even made it out of the thrown room to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Lets also not forget as good as Ahsoka is Maul was not really trying to kill her for the majority of the fight. It was not until the very end when Maul was actually about to get serious and kill her. I think if Maul had really been trying to kill her the fight would have not even made it out of the thrown room to be honest.
    A valid point. That said, I do hate when they seemingly nerf a powerful and/or experienced character when said character faces a creator's favorite who has plot armor fully engaged (no matter the fiction). *sigh*

Extraordinary Member

The choice of music really surprised me. I was expecting a different track.

iMan 42s

So Order 66 got a whole lot more complicated.

So the ones getting the order and within ear-shot are forced to comply and also know who Palpatine really is. So on the subject of Palpatine, the Clones shouldn't know that because that was the better part of the war trying to figure out who is really behind this. The Clones are forced to comply which is fine but having them know who he is raises a bunch of questions and chief among them is why they didn't say anything. We might be able to let that slide though because it could for some reason be apart of the programming. That being said I don't know why it would because he's already the boss anyways as Chancellor, Emperor, and Sidious, so why change how they address him? Aside from that if the clones know what Order 66 is and have to comply and generally comply anyways, why is there an inhibitor chip? Sure that's so when given the order they will be forced to shoot, but the clones obey chain of command anyways. So why not have the order just be one of many orders on the off chance something goes up? That way Rex has the free will to say no but the rest of the clones still begin shooting. Yeah they like Ahsoka but "loyalty means everything to the clones" and that loyalty ultimately lays in Palpatine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It's kind of sad that we leave Mandalore on this hopeful note when we know it still goes downhill from here .

Jeez Mace, even a back-handed compliment would be better then this treatment .

It was nice to see Kid-Ad Mundi and Aayla one last time before...y'know...

If only Ahsoka had told the Council about what Maul said about Anakin. Or the Council told her about their suspicions of Palpatine. Although if Ahsoka had told the Council their treatment of Anakin might have even further drove him into turning to the Dark Side at this point.

I know people were speculating that the scene from the trailer was Ahsoka sensing Order 66, but in reality it was far more personal as she was really sensing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side during Mace and Sidius' fight. Did this not happen to Obi-Wan? I did find it odd that they re-used lines from Samuel L Jackson and Hayden from RoTS but had Matt Lanter come in for a "what have I done" line that I don't think was in the movie. Wouldn't it have made more sense to just have the Clone Wars VA's recreate the scene?

"I didn't turn on my Jedi" which is to say "I did turn on my Jedi, but I was freed of my brainwashing before I killed her. Well, that and my other Jedi was off turning to the Dark Side." At least you could see Rex was resisting it at first.

It's so sad to see the Clones turn into brainwashed killing machines. I really didn't know how to feel about watching them try to kill Ahsoka or watching Maul slaughter them.

I love how Ahsoka feels Maul and you think they're going to team up but she's really just using him as a distraction and doesn't care at if he lives and dies. That scene where she doesn't even bother giving him a lightsaber was priceless .

It's kind of ironic that at the end of the Clone Wars, when the Clones turn on her, it's the Droids that stay loyal to Ahsoka.

Extraordinary Member

When Order 66 happens, it's not the Order 66 theme or the Jedi purge theme that plays. It's the music from when Obi Wan tells Padme about the killing of the younglings and Anakin is crying on Mustafar. The track is called 'I'm so sorry.'