Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

What would have been nice for scene to tie it into Rebels involving Kanan when the order 66 happened to him.

But generally this arc has been really well done to tie it into Revenge of the Sith. However the side point is knowing that we know Ashoka and Rex survive which kind of takes away the cliffhanger for this episode. I am guessing the other two who were with Rex in Rebels get their chips removed also

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    But generally this arc has been really well done to tie it into Revenge of the Sith. However the side point is knowing that we know Ashoka and Rex survive which kind of takes away the cliffhanger for this episode. I am guessing the other two who were with Rex in Rebels get their chips removed also
    Wolf freaking out after seeing Kanan because he thought he was there for payback implied to me that he may have carried out the Order before they got his chip removed. He would've killed Plo Koon, right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wolf freaking out after seeing Kanan because he thought he was there for payback implied to me that he may have carried out the Order before they got his chip removed. He would've killed Plo Koon, right?
    Its not clear, I think he just identified him as a Jedi and assumed that the survivor had tracked them down for revenge

Caleb/Kanan's Order 66 experience is in the comic maxiseries that came out around the same time as Marvel's Star wars comic launch.

He does have a blink and you'll miss it cameo at the beginning of this arc during the narration/montage as a hologram.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The choice of music really surprised me. I was expecting a different track.

Do you mean the atmospheric sort of music that gave the early scenes sort of a Denis Villeneuve feel or the use of "Anakin's dark deeds"?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Do you mean the atmospheric sort of music that gave the early scenes sort of a Denis Villeneuve feel or the use of "Anakin's dark deeds"?
    A I wrote a few posts later, they used this theme.

I've been paying much more attention to the choice of music in this Siege of Mandalore arc, so for me it was very interesting that Ahsoka was attacked by her troops to a theme that was specifically not set to any action in the movie it's from, as well as the way the name of the theme shows how both Rex and Ahsoka must feel in that moment.

On a separate note, I think Rex was the second clone commander Palpatine contacted after Cody. Order 66 seemed to be given really quick after she sensed Anakin's turn and Windu's death, and I'd imagine her connection to Anakin made her a high-priority target just like Obi Wan was. Plus with Maul on board Palps had extra reason to want things dealt with on that ship quickly.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 05-02-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Wasn't it used for Anakin taking down the Seperatist leaders?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wasn't it used for Anakin taking down the Seperatist leaders?
    That was this.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jag is the one who shot down Plo Koon, not Wolf.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

What a brilliant finale that caps off the series in a unexpectedly somber way. This show began in such a lighthearted manner that it’s a bit jarring to see it end in a pretty grim way. Even Rogue One where the main characters died ended on a hopeful note, as did ROTS(which this finale ties into). I’m happy and sad that it’s over and I know there will be more Star Wars animated content in the future, but Clone Wars is literally the last Star Wars project that Lucas had any real involvement in, and I feel like I’m saying goodbye to not only this series but the Lucas era Star Wars at last. It’s bittersweet but I’m pleased to know the series has gained its proper conclusion.

Still would’ve liked to see Son Of Dathomir animated.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 05-04-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

The last 3 minutes or so were quite brilliant. spoilers:
    Having dialogue would have just taken away from those moments.

Poor Ahsoka. She tried so hard not to kill any of the clones in the finale, only for every last one of them to be killed in the crash because she let Maul loose.

Interesting choice to not show any other Jedi or the effects of Order 66 anywhere else in the galaxy. I think they felt that story was told, so there was no point in rehashing it.

The image of Vader reflected in the eyes of the helmet of a 501st clone trooper. I can't imagine a better shot to go out on.
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Just finished up the final episode. The final arc as a whole was brilliant, everything simply clicked. The series as a whole jumps around a bit in terms of quality, at least in terms of story (or personal interest) but I'm very thankful that these final episodes were produced.

I'd like to see more of Ahsoka in the future, I know she featured prominently in Rebels but that show was such a visual downgrade that I've never been able to get far into it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Just finished up the final episode. The final arc as a whole was brilliant, everything simply clicked. The series as a whole jumps around a bit in terms of quality, at least in terms of story (or personal interest) but I'm very thankful that these final episodes were produced.

I'd like to see more of Ahsoka in the future, I know she featured prominently in Rebels but that show was such a visual downgrade that I've never been able to get far into it.
    She's going to be in Mandalorian season 2. But animated, no clue.

spoilers:
    The Clone Wars cartoon ended much in the same way the movie and actual war did...on a severely bittersweet and depressing note, but with a small glimmer of hope.

Poor Rex. He was putting on a brave face but it killed him having to fight his brothers.

I think Ahsoka severely underestimated how much of a mess Maul was going to make of things. Jeez, he practically killed all of them. Rex even had an inkling of what was going to happen.

So Sidius explicitly wanted Ahsoka dead so they couldn't use her murky Jedi status as a loophole and because he knew how important she was to Anakin.

Those poor Clones...and those poor Droids. Clones even killed the good Droids .

Even though they tried to kill her, Ahsoka honored the Clones for their sacrifice in a way no one else did. Considering what happened to the rest of the Clones after the war, that's probably more then they ever got.

It's kind of surreal seeing the last scenes of the Clone Wars feature Darth Vader and Stormtroopers uncovering what happened to Ashoka and the remaining 501st. It just hits me that Vader had to be there to make sure, and you can almost kind of see that there's a sadness or regret there in his body language as he holds Ahsoka's lightsaber and looks up.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if there's any significance in the fact that

spoilers:
    The eye which is visible through Vader's mask is the opposite of the eye Ahsoka uncovers when she eventually fights him. For just a moment Anakin resurfaced in the fight in Rebels, only to be subsumed by Vader again. I wonder if something similar happened here. Both times Ahsoka got part of the way through to him, but she never succeeded in opening both of his eyes.
    end of spoilers