Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jin Mori vs. Toriko

Fight in the Rocky Mountains.

I'm not an expert on either character but pretty sure they are both planet busters.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay... couple of questions:

- Is this current Jin Mori? What gear does he have?
    - Are we counting the Green Oni inside Toriko as something he can actually call upon on command? I ask because he only did it once for an instant under high specific circumstances but the level of power implied by it drastically shifts his weight class.

And for clarity, both are more than capable of absolutely destroying the Earth if they want to.

I'll give an initial assessment but with the above queries still hanging about:

Jin Mori currently has Yeoui, his thundercloud and the Seven Owner in his possession. I can't recall if he actually has the Armour Suit but I think he does. The gourd was destroyed in the Ragnarok War. I'll work with end of series Toriko but not counting the Green Oni.

Mori is more skilled, like Toriko is good but his fights tend to focus more on raw destructive power while Mori, mostly, outskills his opponents. Speed is... umm... speed is very difficult to figure out, but I would... posit that Toriko is faster.

Toriko is also stronger physically, though Mori can definitely get above him if he uses Jaebongchim effectively. Toriko also, in of himself, has more destructive output.

But then Yeoui is also a ridiculously powerful and deadly weapon that Toriko probably doesn't want to get hit by, even at the peak of Toriko "shove a Jupiter-sized object out of the Solar System," is a level of force he don't want none of. Toriko has a more solid range game but Mori can spam clones to offset that.

This is actually pretty hard to call...

Alright, dominant strategy time.

If Toriko can stop Mori before he does Jaebongchim x250,000, then he wins. If Mori goes Jaebongchim x250,000 and hits Toriko full on, then he wins. If we're allowing Green Oni then add a question mark to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Jin Mori currently has Yeoui, his thundercloud and the Seven Owner in his possession. I can't recall if he actually has the Armour Suit but I think he does. The gourd was destroyed in the Ragnarok War. I'll work with end of series Toriko but not counting the Green Oni.
    ^ This sounds good in regards to placement and gear.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    ^ This sounds good in regards to placement and gear.
    I stand by my assessment then. Both have more than enough power to kill the other pretty easily.

Toriko might take it due to his speed edge, I think the curve in his series just goes a bit higher, but Mori has the ability which lets him multiply his powers to the point where that advantage might not matter any more.

5/5 for me, very close match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I stand by my assessment then. Both have more than enough power to kill the other pretty easily.

Toriko might take it due to his speed edge, I think the curve in his series just goes a bit higher, but Mori has the ability which lets him multiply his powers to the point where that advantage might not matter any more.

5/5 for me, very close match up.
    Yaaay! :P

Neither of these guys are my go-to Rumbles characters lol so I'm pleasantly surprised.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yaaay! :P

Neither of these guys are my go-to Rumbles characters lol so I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Digesting it a little more, I'd probably revise that to a 6 or 7/10 for Toriko. He's got the more readily deadly offensive game and the speed advantage from the outset which means he should take a small majority.

Like, Toriko opens with something that would pretty much decimate the planet (Leg Knife) or something, and he definitely gets the first shot off. Mori then has to either defend himself or dodge and... he's going to have a bit of a hard time doing that reliably.

It's also possible (as ridiculous a weapon as it is) Toriko might be able to damage Yeoui itself. Satan and Natak both managed it, the former breaking it clean and the latter chipping it, and neither of them are quite as directly as powerful Toriko is. For reference, Yeoui is meant to weight about as much as planet or something ridiculous and it's so heavy that an angel capable of shoving an object the size of Mars around caught it and the weight of it tore their arms off at the elbow.

So there's that to consider.

For clarity, give Mori a second to get his bullshit going and he's more than capable of reversing this with extreme prejudice but Toriko's initial speed advantage gives him the edge here.

EDIT: Also, also, if Mori was to start at point blank range, his superior skill and the ridiculous stuff Renewal Taekwondo has been shown to be able to do, I think he'd have a decent shot of just suppressing Toriko through sheer skill even without his natural amps.

I know that's an odd thing to put forward but it's kind of how Mori works. At close range, he is an absolutely skill monster.