Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default How big is themyscira?

Some times it depicted as this tiny community, while other times it’s an actual community.

Phil Jimenez once said that it's about the size of the island of Manhattan.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There's the city, the coliseum, the temples, the jungle, the mountain, the cliffs, the underground tunnels, the healing island, the beach caves, some hill, meadow, and plains... sometimes there's a labyrinth, other times there's a whole monster den with sealed gate... the secret community who worship Hecate instead inside the jungle... a volcano... a Lazarus pit...

So it should be bigger than Singapore but smaller than Australia... bigger than Santorini... How about Crete?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-21-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Are we talking big as in land area or big as in population? I mean, OP made me think population, but others make me think land area.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think both assumptions are valid questions. Land wise weve never really gotten a map of any kind I can think that has given it much detail. Population wise...its amazing any Amazons are left as they always seem to be the sacrifices right after the Titans.

Lol u right about that OBrian Tallent.i'm lkn forward to the day that DC starts to kill off some of the Bat Family.just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think both assumptions are valid questions. Land wise weve never really gotten a map of any kind I can think that has given it much detail. Population wise...its amazing any Amazons are left as they always seem to be the sacrifices right after the Titans.
    I found these maps, but you're right there's not enough detail.

paradise-island-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Some times it depicted as this tiny community, while other times it’s an actual community.
    It always seemed to me to be this magical isle, where it appears small until one starts headng in a particular direction. Then it becomes much larger.