Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I always thought Amazon Island should become Amazon Archipelago. The issue with Amazon Island as is that it lacks a lot of good world building elements. I mean, where are the farms? The film had farms.
    I watched a youtube video last night where a guy said Amazons don't need to eat as long as they're on the island. I've never heard that before, wonder where he got it?

According to wikipedia Paradise Island was originally called Amazon Isles and was an archipelago. We all know of Reform/Transformation Island but wasn't there one for science too, or am I miss-remembering?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I watched a youtube video last night where a guy said Amazons don't need to eat as long as they're on the island. I've never heard that before, wonder where he got it?

According to wikipedia Paradise Island was originally called Amazon Isles and was an archipelago. We all know of Reform/Transformation Island but wasn't there one for science too, or am I miss-remembering?
    Pérez says the following in Wonder Woman volume 2 #1: "For though the Amazons know immortality--though they never age or hunger…"

I think you're misreading the Wikipedia article. It says Themyscira is "previously known as Paradise Island and the Amazon Isles", but it doesn't say when the name Amazon Isles appeared. But Paradise Island is the original name.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Yes, I believe that there was a Science Island too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I believe that there was a Science Island too.
    I seem to recall that too... I’d like both Science Island and Transformation Island to return and form an archipelago with Themyscira. Both are classic Wonder concepts that could be utilized in intriguing ways, not only for the Amazons but for the DCU at large. I’m curious about how Arkham Asylum, Iron Heights, Belle Reve, the Phantom Zone, the Circus, Transformation Island, etc. are perceived by the superheroes, supervillains, and everyday people in the DCU.

(In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I’ve included both islands and am developing a third specialized island as part of the archipelago.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-27-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Pérez says the following in Wonder Woman volume 2 #1: "For though the Amazons know immortality--though they never age or hunger…"
    Does this mean they don't have to eat or that their society has eliminated poverty? Even if the Amazons do not have to eat though, they would still need farms to produce their linen, dyes, and other amenities.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The interesting thing about Reform Island is that in the Golden Age comics Wonder Woman had to swim for miles to reach it, implying that the Amazons actually controlled a more extensive maritime boundary then just the island.

There are a bunch of fantasy islands in Kanigher's run that I personally head cannoned as belonging to an Amazon Archipelago, stuff like the Forbidden Island in The Tree Terrors of Forbidden Island.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Does this mean they don't have to eat or that their society has eliminated poverty? Even if the Amazons do not have to eat though, they would still need farms to produce their linen, dyes, and other amenities.
    Later writers seems to have interpreted it as the Amazons doesn't have to eat, at least not on Themyscira.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

All-New Member

I think its about the size of singapore

Thinking I recall from somewhere the population is around 3,000.

I also like a larger mainland island. Perhaps even an unexplored region or one more foresty that the Amazons shy away from visiting often. Adds to the mystery and additional room should a story need it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I also like a larger mainland island. Perhaps even an unexplored region or one more foresty that the Amazons shy away from visiting often. Adds to the mystery and additional room should a story need it.
    This is why I often like the idea that maybe another amazon city. Like maybe if we keep the doom gate. That there is a city there.A slightly more military city. I also think at least In Marston's there were other Islands around it. So maybe some Amazons live there.