Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No. You are right. He was considered a mutant. ‘90’s I think though. Whether or not that status has changed, I don’t know.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an...n-is-a-mutant/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Scalphunter I think? The Dark Riders. I can't remember of Marvel decided whether they are mutants or Inhumans.
    Scalphunter yes, as most of the Marauders were (not Vertigo, who was a Savage Land Mutate). Dark Riders are Inhumans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What’s the current status on Mimic? He seems to keep going back and forth on whether or not he’s a mutant. He was mentioned to be considered as a backup for members of the Five in House if X but back in Legacy, Omega wasn’t able to properly feed on him which they said was because he wasn’t a mutant.
    616 Mimic isn't. However, you could argue that his ability to duplicate powers might also mean he ends up inadvertently also mimicing the x-gene some of the time, at least closely enough to confuse devices designed to detect mutants; that would then cover any story where he's mistaken for one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Tangerine
    Her Earth-811 counterpart is a confirmed mutant.
    When was she confirmed to be a mutant?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    616 Mimic isn't. However, you could argue that his ability to duplicate powers might also mean he ends up inadvertently also mimicing the x-gene some of the time, at least closely enough to confuse devices designed to detect mutants; that would then cover any story where he's mistaken for one.
    Could also depend on the writer because, based on the data page that I mentioned, Hickman referred to Mimic as a mutant.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Could also depend on the writer because, based on the data page that I mentioned, Hickman referred to Mimic as a mutant.
    Yeah, some writers are either confused or actively try to retcon it (which doesn't tend to stick, if only because subsequent writers aren't aware of the retcon and unwittingly reverse it). Mimic wasn't a mutant to begin with, and, as of the last I heard, he's not currently one. I was just proposing an in-story solution for why he might sometimes be identified as one by, for example, Sentinels.

Mil gracias
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

When was she confirmed to be a mutant?
    I may be confused on this one and could be thinking of someone else entirely.

Scalphunter yes, as most of the Marauders were (not Vertigo, who was a Savage Land Mutate). Dark Riders are Inhumans.
    I thought Dark Riders had members that were inhuman and some that were mutant such as Deadbolt, Hurricane and Spyne?

Fantastic Member

I thought Dark Riders had members that were inhuman and some that were mutant such as Deadbolt, Hurricane and Spyne?
    Checking, and you are right. The original members were all Inhumans, distant relatives of the Royal Family even, but later recruits added by Genesis included some mutants. The three you mention are confirmed as such.

Fantastic Member

I may be confused on this one and could be thinking of someone else entirely.
    It's not mentioned as far as I can see in her two issues appearance in Excalibur, and it seems likely she wasn't for one simple reason - she was out with a group of fellow heroes in Sentinel-controlled territory. We know for sure that none of the others with her were mutants, and that makes a degree of sense; while the Sentinels would presumably have all kinds of sensors to scan with, their primary ones are specifically for mutant detection, plus there were telepathic Hounds trained to do the same. Heroes sent out on a scouting mission might want to minimise the chance of being spotted by leaving any mutants back at the more heavily shielded base.