Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I actually like that idea that Moira secret plan was to make mutants with realty wrapping abilities. As a fail safe...kind of plays into Age of X.
    Right on. It was a nice little touch from Hickman.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I remember the last time Bastion tried to kill the mutants in Second Coming he had a meticulous plan where he killed all teleporters first then I think he blinded the telepaths.In this version Orchis better have a plan to take out the Omegas, how they do it would be anyone's guess.My guess would be sending Nimrods to time points where the omegas are still kids before their mutant power kicks in.That is the only way,the only one left would be Franklin whose powers manifest as a child,then again he is allied with humans so Orchis may leave him out. Interesting thought

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I remember the last time Bastion tried to kill the mutants in Second Coming he had a meticulous plan where he killed all teleporters first then I think he blinded the telepaths.In this version Orchis better have a plan to take out the Omegas, how they do it would be anyone's guess.My guess would be sending Nimrods to time points where the omegas are still kids before their mutant power kicks in.That is the only way,the only one left would be Franklin whose powers manifest as a child,then again he is allied with humans so Orchis may leave him out. Interesting thought
    I don't think Franklin has really allied with humans, he more sticking with his family.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hickman referenced Franklin as the most powerful mutant in his Fantastic Four run, he also was referenced as an omega twice that I'm aware of, and one of those times he was said to be beyond omega classification (that may have been in an issue of FF). I think Hickman is positioning Franklin to be the most coveted Omega mutant (something about creating universes I'd expect). I do wonder if they will reveal that Franklin taps into the godpower or some other power to explain how his powers work or why there are current issues with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Hickman referenced Franklin as the most powerful mutant in his Fantastic Four run, he also was referenced as an omega twice that I'm aware of, and one of those times he was said to be beyond omega classification (that may have been in an issue of FF). I think Hickman is positioning Franklin to be the most coveted Omega mutant (something about creating universes I'd expect). I do wonder if they will reveal that Franklin taps into the godpower or some other power to explain how his powers work or why there are current issues with them.
    Yep I always thought Hickman will use Franklin in his reboot, as he can reset the universe by creating another.Though Moira's 11th life is another failsafe

All they need is a good sample of DNA. Charles already has Franklin's memories in a backup computer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    All they need is a good sample of DNA. Charles already has Franklin's memories in a backup computer.
    the rise of Frankrakoa Rixaardxx

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler

Ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the rise of Frankrakoa Rixaardxx
    I'm imagining Frankrakoa looking exactly like Franklin but with Ditto eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm imagining Frankrakoa looking exactly like Franklin but with Ditto eyes.
    and maybe looks like his younger more powerful self.

Lol, Im picturing two Franklins like Zeno from Dragonball Super

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the resurrection protocols uses 3 omegas, thats pretty huge
    Yeah but they're already testing non Omegas being able to substitute roles, like Synch instead of Hope

I think Jean's affinity to the Phoenix Force makes her a potential reality warper. As Dark Phoenix, it was stated she could make her thoughts reality.

Looking ahead, Hickman said the only things the Phalanx fear are Galactus and the Phoenix Force...and it just so happens they have links to Omega mutants Franklin and Jean(...and to a lesser extent, Quentin >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    With the exception of Proteus who is a being of pure energy can't the other Omegas all be killed with a bullet to the head? And Proteus himself has a weakness to metal which is abundant everywhere. Futher doesn't the term Omega simply imply unlimited "potential"? Meaning its possible to reach that level of power but not a guarantee. Not everyone reaches their full potential.
    Proteus is vulnerable to disruption to his energy matrix by metals, so in theory, with the right bullet you could kill him with a headshot too(or at the very least disperse him for a while). That was Moira's strategy in taking him out that first story(I think Cyke stopped her, and she butted him with the rifle!) I've been reading District X, and Mr. M is so powerful that even when he was shot three times point blank in the head from behind unawares, his powers reflexively stopped the bullets from destroying is brain, expelled them from his unconscious body, and healed up the surface damage within hours. Iceman, too, has shown himself to be essentially invulnerable, even in his human form, at least by some writers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Key words...in the past. Jean recently projected all of the hurt Nate was inflicting directly into his mind...a Nate that was boosted by the Life Seed at that.

Jean caught the attention of the Phoenix Force as a young child...and again when she fought beyond the ravages of extreme radiation poisoning to save her friends, defying death itself for a few moments

She has an innate connection to the Phoenix Force, which itself is connected to the M'Kraan crystal(nexus of all realities) and the White Hot Room within.

Phoenix represents the ultimate extension of Jean's abilities...X-Men Forever showed that Jean as Phoenix represents the an early example of the seeds of potential
    planted in humanity to eventually evolve into the abstracts, and replace them
    Isn't that the same story were Life Seed Magneto was taken out by a lightning bolt? We could as well call Life Seed a power down if that's so
    Phoenix is a separate entity and they shouldn't be conflated.
    In general, I doubt we'll ever see Nate written as powerful as he was in the late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Yeah but they're already testing non Omegas being able to substitute roles, like Synch instead of Hope

I think Jean's affinity to the Phoenix Force makes her a potential reality warper. As Dark Phoenix, it was stated she could make her thoughts reality.

Looking ahead, Hickman said the only things the Phalanx fear are Galactus and the Phoenix Force...and it just so happens they have links to Omega mutants Franklin and Jean(...and to a lesser extent, Quentin >_<)
    Yeaah I was wondering what the Phoenix connection to Omegas is going to be like. Because no way Hickman will not touch on it in the following years.

Quote Originally Posted by adamTPTK View Post
    Isn't that the same story were Life Seed Magneto was taken out by a lightning bolt? We could as well call Life Seed a power down if that's so
    Phoenix is a separate entity and they shouldn't be conflated.
    In general, I doubt we'll ever see Nate written as powerful as he was in the late 90s.
    Separate entity, but that's what Jean's potential matches...it's why Moira and Xavier related Jean/Phoenix to her potential being realized...and why Nate Grey's power readings by Moira was compared to Dark Phoenix

Jean tells Bobby that her as Phoenix was too much too soon and she admires him for developing at his own pace...Jean has tried this before, but every time she pushed herself, she attracted the Phoenix Force ("if I get too close, it replaces me")...now since X-Men Red that is no longer a worry