Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RABUMALAL View Post
    And I feel pity that Hope Summers used to be described as being able to use the duplicated power in its most powerful form, while all we can see is she cannot beat Exodus or Stryfe using their powers......But I'm looking forward to seeing her power interaction with Legion or many other mutants.
    Power levels aren't always the answer in a fight. A skilled telepath could defeat a more powerful one, and I think it is similar with TK. I'd expect Exodus to be able to defeat Hope and the same would be for Hope against Jean (and it happened in Extermination's epilogue I think). Skills trumps strenght usually.

The fact that her powers are now described as Power Manipulation and not just mimicry makes her more dangerous and powerful imo. Legion's level maybe.
    Last edited by Veitha; 02-22-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Mighty Member

Is Wiccan considered to be a mutant, and if he is wouldn't he be a strong candidate for omega status? Being the future Demiurge and destined to rewrite the laws of magic should definitely make him an omega. He can be an omega for either reality manipulation(magic) or magical energy manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I would have liked to see her as Omega TK because she manifested molecular TK in the past, but I guess that with the "Keen upgrades" she might be a more powerful TP now (shouldn't she have the pink form power now plus a lot more memories from training with Emma, Betsy etc.?)
    I dont think molecular TK is an absolute indication of Omega potential. Hellion does it, but is not Omega..even "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire" era Rachel described it as looking more impressive than it actually is

If you look at what Jean has done with her telepathy, her Omega status makes sense

Astonishing Member

Power levels aren't always the answer in a fight. A skilled telepath could defeat a more powerful one, and I think it is similar with TK. I'd expect Exodus to be able to defeat Hope and the same would be for Hope against Jean (and it happened in Extermination's epilogue I think). Skills trumps strenght usually.

The fact that her powers are now described as Power Manipulation and not just mimicry makes her more dangerous and powerful imo. Legion's level maybe.
    True but I think what would be a real danger is either a Darwin turned bad as an individual evolved beyond mutant in the Vault or children of the Vault who are omegas.I always remember CoV saying their powers are beyond mutant comprehension to Rogue,same goes for Hope .You can't manipulate what you cannot grasp the workings of.So a child of the Vault Omega would be a REAL problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    True but I think what would be a real danger is either a Darwin turned bad as an individual evolved beyond mutant in the Vault or children of the Vault who are omegas.I always remember CoV saying their powers are beyond mutant comprehension to Rogue,same goes for Hope .You can't manipulate what you cannot grasp the workings of.So a child of the Vault Omega would be a REAL problem!
    Darwin is scary. Remember when he touched Hela? He became a God of Death. What happens if Franklin tries to erase him from reality?

BANNED

ohh boy this thread will go places

Astonishing Member

Darwin is scary. Remember when he touched Hela? He became a God of Death. What happens if Franklin tries to erase him from reality?
    If Franklin tried to erase Darwin we could conceivably see Darwin constitute himself out of a dimension or particles unknown to the known universe lol.Then Franklin would have a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    ohh boy this thread will go places
    I'm happy there's no Storm vs Magneto (yet). Because we all know that the winner would be spoilers:
    no one since it's a tired and pointless discussion
    end of spoilers

Franklin has my vote but I hope they re-re-retcon The Maximoffs as Magneto's kids/mutants, because Wanda would belong on this list. It'd also tie into Hickman's plot thread of Moira orchestrating the births of Proteus, Legion, [and Scarlet Witch] because mutantkind would need reality warpers to survive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Franklin has my vote but I hope they re-re-retcon The Maximoffs as Magneto's kids/mutants, because Wanda would belong on this list. It'd also tie into Hickman's plot thread of Moira orchestrating the births of Proteus, Legion, [and Scarlet Witch] because mutantkind would need reality warpers to survive.
    wanda's tremendous doesnt come from the "science" ( mutant or high evolutionary) part of her abilities, but from her magic and chton, so she wouldnt be there either way no
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-22-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wanda's tremendous doesnt come from her
    "science" ( mutant or high evolutionary) part of her abilities, but from her magic and chton, so she wouldnt be there either way no
    I guess that's a fair argument, I always headcanon her mutant power as the ability to channel and manipulate chaos magic.

I actually like that idea that Moira secret plan was to make mutants with realty wrapping abilities. As a fail safe...kind of plays into Age of X.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

I guess that's a fair argument, I always headcanon her mutant power as the ability to channel and manipulate chaos magic.
    even then omegas are by definition unmatched in their power in universal terms, like forge is the strongest technopath but his ability has been surpassed by others , wanda chaos magic would be second to chton or even someone with the darkhold, so not omega.

I'm like almost everyone else and if we had to determine who was the most powerful or versatile of the omega's I would put the reality warpers in the top spot. I don't know if it is meaningful to rank the omega mutants though. They are all on this list for a reason. Storm, Iceman, Jean, Exodus, and Quentin aren't reality warpers but they are certainly very powerful in their own right.

I do want to see a story where the omega mutants are important and get to do something (more than just being genetic material for Sinister).

I want to see what makes Jean and Quinton the top telepaths. This is what I'm waiting on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I'm like almost everyone else and if we had to determine who was the most powerful or versatile of the omega's I would put the reality warpers in the top spot. I don't know if it is meaningful to rank the omega mutants though. They are all on this list for a reason. Storm, Iceman, Jean, Exodus, and Quentin aren't reality warpers but they are certainly very powerful in their own right.

I do want to see a story where the omega mutants are important and get to do something (more than just being genetic material for Sinister).

I want to see what makes Jean and Quinton the top telepaths. This is what I'm waiting on.
    the resurrection protocols uses 3 omegas, thats pretty huge