Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Now that's a great idea. I won't hold my breath for that, but I'd love it. A win-win.

I don't have much experience myself with PoD books, but I assume it would be a quality option if they could do it.
    I did PoD for a paperback rpg book through DrivethruRPG and it was equal quality to what I’d expect to see at the bookstores.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on who you get it from.

Unless you make x number of books and only make more when those are gone.

I would limit all books to 500 at the start.
    They really wouldn’t have to make any copies.
    The digital floppies would already be bringing money in.

Then just link the issues together for PoD.
    The readers could probably even organize their own PoD Trades.
    Just input the issue numbers and the order they should appear.
    Then submit the order and wait for it to arrive in the mail.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What about them, they use different characters all the time. There's different Justice League rosters in animation, different Green Lanterns, different Flashes or Kid Flashes, different Titan teams, etc. You can have Luke Fox Batman in animation with or without him taking over in the comics.
    That... that’s where the stories come from. The comics are providing stories that the animation teams can pick and choose from. It’s comics showing their value.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A Green Lantern trade with the best stories (or new ones) of Hal, Guy, Kyle, John & Alan could have helped.
    That seems to be coming out now.
    Or do what Marvel is doing with Peter, Miles & Gwen-a team comic at IDW before an animated for preschooler cartoon show starts in 2021.
    I wouldn't mind that, but when I suggested a team book I saw some John fans didn't really care for it. Hal N' Pals was a team book but nobody could let go of the title.

You could just revived GL:TAS, which planned to feature all the other Earth GL's at some point. That was probably the best chance for the franchise but it got canned because of the movie.

No it didn't. The GL cartoon was canned because the toyline flopped.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because they had surplus of the movie's toyline.

Astonishing Member

Even so that probably didn't matter. The toyline for YJ which aired alongside GL also flopped. End of the day, Mattel just doesn't have a good record at this sort of thing compared to say Hasbro with SW and Marvel. And the overall market for cartoons was just not great. The declines in ratings and over dependence on toy revenue to fund the shows were not doing them any favors and made justifying the shows at their present budgets hard which was why the entire DC lineup on CN got canned.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-26-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If by "people" you mean some small contingent of uninformed fools on social media who decided to overreact instead of doing a 5 second google search, then I'd agree. This absurd nontroversy seems just as idiotic now as it did back then and people still try to make it sound like it was something bigger than it actually was. The whole Snyder Cut thing is so much bigger and yet in the grand scheme of things just as irrelevant.
    Johnny, lol why call them fools? Because they don't know who Hal Jordan is? Why attack them? There was a time I didn't know Hal Jordan existed as well, just John Stewart. All what was said was that if someone has a desire to read about a specific character they've seen on tv, and the comic version of the character is not the same as the one they saw on tv, then that person will get disappointed. I don't see what's the problem here.

You don't think newcomers that wants to get into reading current Bruce Wayne stories would be disappointed if it's some other character they don't know about? Same with John Stewart. Those were just mere examples on some of the possibilities that you will expect when someone gets into comics. What's wrong with that?

I don't think no one is trying to make it sound like it was bigger than it actually was. But at the same time, I don't understand what makes you think the complaints about the black GL being in the movie was so small as if it was only mentioned by a few people. I don't even know what that's even based on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Johnny, lol why call them fools? Because they don't know who Hal Jordan is? Why attack them? There was a time I didn't know Hal Jordan existed as well, just John Stewart. All what was said was that if someone has a desire to read about a specific character they've seen on tv, and the comic version of the character is not the same as the one they saw on tv, then that person will get disappointed. I don't see what's the problem here.

You don't think newcomers that wants to get into reading current Bruce Wayne stories would be disappointed if it's some other character they don't know about? Same with John Stewart. Those were just mere examples on some of the possibilities that you will expect when someone gets into comics. What's wrong with that?

I don't think no one is trying to make it sound like it was bigger than it actually was. But at the same time, I don't understand what makes you think the complaints about the black GL being in the movie was so small as if it was only mentioned by a few people. I don't even know what that's even based on.
    Comparing GL to Batman is kind of like comparing apples to car batteries. I think its fair to say that there is a much more concrete preconception of who Batman is among the general public than there is of Green Lantern. Plus, it's not like Hal Jordan is some new character who was recently created. He's been Green Lantern, and quite a popular one among the fanbase, since the late 1950s.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-26-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Comparing GL to Batman is kind of like comparing apples to car batteries. I think its fair to say that there is a much more concrete preconception of who Batman is among the general public than there is of Green Lantern. Plus, it's not like Hal Jordan is some new character who was recently created. He's been Green Lantern, and quite a popular one among the fanbase, since the late 1950s.
    It's not about who's more recognizable than the other among pop culture. I think what others are trying to make is the fact that it could upset someone if the character they expect is different than the one in the comics. I just don't see why there's such disagreements with that.

And besides, before I even got into comics, I didn't know Hal Jordan even existed. In fact, there's other characters who were created before Hal Jordan and some of them I didn't know at the time.

BANNED

Again, if I was an executive at WB or AT&T, anybody who can't understand that concept and gets in the way of it would be let go, and it doesn't seem like DiDio understood it or wanted to play ball with it, and that sounds like it may have been his undoing. He was especially foolish in this instance because WB was literally right across the lot from him this time. The difference between me and whoever fired him is that I would have fired him about 18 years ago. You don't successfully build brands by confusing and disappointing your potential buyers, and you should not expect them to go researching to find out why your thing doesn't make sense. If there is a black Green Lantern prominently displayed in media, and if he is working well, he should be prominently displayed in the comic book titled "Green Lantern". Not some other character who doesn't have near the platform as the black one who is working well. Simple. Lastly, even if potential buyers find out there is a white Green Lantern, that does not mean they want to read/see him after being conditioned to a black one.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-26-2020 at 11:21 PM.

There is nothing wrong with not knowing who Hal Jordan is, I was only referring to the people who chose to scream "whitewashing" without even trying to inform themselves about what the situation really was. To me that seemed foolish. Nonetheless, I recognize that I went about it in a poor way.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A toyline for the cartoon was never produced. The toyline of the movie is what flopped, so stores decided they didn't want more GL toys that they believed won't sell, hence no toyline for the cartoon was made because of it and had no means to get funded since CN was only airing it and not paying for it.

BANNED

It's not about who's more recognizable than the other among pop culture. I think what others are trying to make is the fact that it could upset someone if the character they expect is different than the one in the comics. I just don't see why there's such disagreements with that.

And besides, before I even got into comics, I didn't know Hal Jordan even existed. In fact, there's other characters who were created before Hal Jordan and some of them I didn't know at the time.
    Because there are oversensitive Hal Jordan fans that white knight him any time they even perceive something that threatens him. Yet, the things I said have nothing specifically to do with Hal Jordan's merits as a character or lack thereof. Simply, I was exposed to a black Green Lantern on television and when I went to buy a comic, I got a white one instead. I can't say I was happy with that. This doesn't even particularly have to do with the characters' races. But rather that I knew the guy I was reading in the comic was not the guy I wanted to see. You could have sat me down and explained about all these white GL's all day long and I wouldn't have given too much of a crap. I wanted to see the guy I saw on TV, and I didn't want to see him in the background behind some characters I didn't know.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 02-27-2020 at 01:13 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Kyle was in dcau as well.