Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC's Dan DiDio Out as Co-Publisher

Extraordinary Member

Cannot express how happy I am with this news.

Welp, after Rebirth and his comments about Endgame, I say its time for fresh leadership.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

He’s been helming the ship since long before I got into the hobby. And for what it’s worth, while I complain as much as the next fan-I do think I ultimately got my money’s worth, so there’s that if nothing else. I’m interested to see how this changes things.

What does this mean for the future of the DC Universe?

Astonishing Member

Waiting for news that he's been promoted to an even bigger position of power.

The end of an era

For one
    I will miss him, seriously.
    I started reading comics around the time that he came in and I never stop reading DC comics for a single month.

It is thanks to him that we got some of the best runs on DC from Morrison's and Snyder's Batman to Johns's Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    What does this mean for the future of the DC Universe?
    Yeah I’m actually a tad intrigued but mildly concerned since it appeared that he was heading the big Generations story line we are getting soon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-of-dc-comics/

Bleeding Cool has confirmed with a number of sources, inside and outside of DC Comics that Dan DiDio is gone. Rumour has it that this happened from high up at Warner Bros, and was a result of high staff turnover at DC of late, issues with editorial and publishing plans, and Dan being fingered as the man responsible. But that is, right now, nothing more than rumour.

Good. Whilst not as bad as people make out he didnt help overall.

Like with any creative endeavor, there comes a time when you are flat-out empty of new ideas. No one's fault, it's just the way it is with creating. Unfortunately, Didio ran out of ideas a very long time ago and (imo) hung onto Johns' coattails as tightly as he could.

With Johns out, and the good will of Rebirth pretty much gone, I'm happy the change has been made. He seems like a freaking awesome dude to get a beer with and talk comics, but he shouldn't be running a comics company. I look forward to the future! It could be better, it could be worse, but it at least might be different.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Holy **** end of an era here for real. This is absolutely massive. Didio has been responsible for some stuff I love and some stuff I hate but I wish him well and hope he finds better success elsewhere. Who the hell is going to take over for him? Will Harras be gone too? If I was doing a clean sweep I’d let him go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Like with any creative endeavor, there comes a time when you are flat-out empty of new ideas. No one's fault, it's just the way it is with creating. Unfortunately, Didio ran out of ideas a very long time ago and (imo) hung onto Johns' coattails as tightly as he could.

With Johns out, and the good will of Rebirth pretty much gone, I'm happy the change has been made. He seems like a freaking awesome dude to get a beer with and talk comics, but he shouldn't be running a comics company. I look forward to the future! It could be better, it could be worse, but it at least might be different.
    no info on it yet

Good riddance.

This is awesome news. DC may be making some progress now. Hopefully Geoff Johns will be gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Good riddance.

This is awesome news. DC may be making some progress now. Hopefully Geoff Johns will be gone as well.
    Johns is in a different division
    Jim Lee is is now the only publisher of DC editorial