Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 753
  1. #346
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s still too early to say Hal will be “replaced”. Like Barry Hal is everywhere. However John and Jess have also shown up in outside media, and they both bring something to the table Hal doesn’t in terms of diversity. So it could happen. If I was in charge I’d give John a GLC book to be the star of and I’d keep him on the JL. Jess I would have rotate with John because goddamn does the JL need more women members, and otherwise I’d make sure she shows up in the GL books as well. Hal is just let Morrison write for as long as he wants.
    I'd go one further - I'd put John on a Guardians of the Galaxy style book w/some other cosmic characters like Adam Strange, Capt. Comet, (maybe grab some House of Heroes characters), etc. and try to build out the cosmic DC universe. The only mission statement of the book would be no Earth and no other lantern corps for the first 18 issues. Go!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  2. #347
    Mind Controller Arnoldoaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The issue never was or never will be the characters. It's how Dan and the other creatives handled the whole situation of it. Dan could have instructed that Wally be given a prominent role(INSERT EVERY OTHER CHARACTER THAT FITS THE BILL HERE) in not only Barry's return but his on-going story. He Chose not to. Dan could have put his Ego aside when Rebirth looked like DC's saving grace, thanks to John's. But it wasn't his idea so he Chose not to. Dan could have let certain CREATIVES who have been causing trouble and telling terrible stories go. But he choose not to.

    There Ego's, Poor Planing, and Poor Management is what led to Low Sales, Fan's Turning Their Backs On The Company, and To Dan's Over Due Walking Papers. The characters have nothing to do with it.
    I feel this kind of take is an over-simplification of what the EiC and copublishers do

    keep in mind that Didio was helming the ship for over a decade.
    but who is the current EiC?
    Bob Harras not Didio, and he was copublisher with Lee, its been like this for a while.
    what im trying to say is that once again you cant pin every single bad thing, or every single thing that you dont agree with to a single party.

    also on the note of Low Sales, if you look at his strategies Didio was massively effective, from Infinite Crisis, to The New 52 to Rebirth. you may not like it, hell I hate the new52 but it did brought in new readers and kept DC afloat for quite some time.

    If people who hate Didio are looking at this news as the turn around to a new golden age on DC then they are looking forward to a pretty rude awakening
    Last edited by Arnoldoaad; 02-22-2020 at 02:03 PM.

  3. #348
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And it's always been weird to have a female hero take on the identity of a still active male villain.

    You could give her a much needed name change, or have them debut around the same time: two Dr. Lights, one evil one good.
    Personality wise, she would not care at all about using the same name as an active Supervillain if she liked it enough.

  4. #349
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personality wise, she would not care at all about using the same name as an active Supervillain if she liked it enough.
    I guess, but out-of-universe marketing wise it seems sort of random.

  5. #350
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Hana Kimura as Dr.Light would be cool.

  6. #351
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I feel this kind of take is an over-simplification of what the EiC and copublishers do

    keep in mind that Didio was helming the ship for over a decade.
    but who is the current EiC?
    Bob Harras not Didio, and he was copublisher with Lee, its been like this for a while.
    what im trying to say is that once again you cant pin every single bad thing, or every single thing that you dont agree with to a single party.

    also on the note of Low Sales, if you look at his strategies Didio was massively effective, from Infinite Crisis, to The New 52 to Rebirth. you may not like it, hell I hate the new52 but it did brought in new readers and kept DC afloat for quite some time.

    If people who hate Didio are looking at this news as the turn around to a new golden age on DC then they are looking forward to a pretty rude awakening
    I'm not laying the blame just on him. I stated in the post that other creatives are right there with him. However, Dan as the leader holds the lion share of the blame for the current state of not only DC but the comic book industry as a whole.

    Also, I have been following the sales for years now. DC had one good year (not even a FULL year) of sales when the New 52 launched. Then they steadily dropped off with lower sales than they had before it .

    I also do not think Dan's removal will "save" the company. I do feel that their chances are a lot better. However, if you look at my previous post in this thread you will see that I very much believe this year or the next very well may be their last. This is me showing/venting my frustrations that a medium that has been around for nearly 90 (4 years short of it) has been brought to its figurative knees by a handful of individuals, who where given SEVERAL opportunities to turn things around.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  7. #352
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Not really, it's a cycle. It's not one sided. What goes around comes around.what sells will be sold. A simple priest character from for tomorrow made it into movies . As said, dc has better chances of selling itself as brand with multiverse. Otherwise, dc has never been about creating new characters, it just makes different versions. It has far lesser number of sheer characters than marvel.you love superman right? Here you go female superman or superdog or superboy.. Etc. This has always been their deal.They need to drop main earth nonsense. Just have banners with earth names.Have road maps for the multiverse.
    I agree with you about the multiverse approach, but I would bet money on Barry still being the #1 Flash for at least a few decades due to his non-comics presence in recent years. Now I'm not saying it's carved in stone forever like the Trinity (who will always be in the driver's seat), but Barry Allen as a secret identity of the Flash is far better known to the mass audience than any other of the Flashes. He was just in the cowl at the right time, I guess.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #353
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    TV shows and movies are ephemeral, comics are forever.

    Wally West will be the main Flash one day. It'll just take some time.

  9. #354
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    693

    Default

    DC will just shrink the main line some more.

  10. #355
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm not laying the blame just on him. I stated in the post that other creatives are right there with him. However, Dan as the leader holds the lion share of the blame for the current state of not only DC but the comic book industry as a whole.

    Also, I have been following the sales for years now. DC had one good year (not even a FULL year) of sales when the New 52 launched. Then they steadily dropped off with lower sales than they had before it .

    I also do not think Dan's removal will "save" the company. I do feel that their chances are a lot better. However, if you look at my previous post in this thread you will see that I very much believe this year or the next very well may be their last. This is me showing/venting my frustrations that a medium that has been around for nearly 90 (4 years short of it) has been brought to its figurative knees by a handful of individuals, who where given SEVERAL opportunities to turn things around.
    Might want to double check on that because as far as I remember, DC didn’t fall back to Pre-Flashpoint sales until DCYou bombed.

  11. #356
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Dc You yuck.

  12. #357
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might want to double check on that because as far as I remember, DC didn’t fall back to Pre-Flashpoint sales until DCYou bombed.
    Did you actually follow the sales numbers? Because if so you would know that the majority of the "NEW" titles were canceled with in the end of that year heading into the beginning of the next. The ones that stuck around/maintained some form of success where the core 6-7 Justice League character titles ei. Bat,Super,WW,Flash, Auqa, and GL titles.(But even some of these were not excluded) They went through multiple shifts in not only creative directions but also sales points. Mostly short spikes then in to deeper falls in sales.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  13. #358
    Mind Controller Arnoldoaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm not laying the blame just on him. I stated in the post that other creatives are right there with him. However, Dan as the leader holds the lion share of the blame for the current state of not only DC but the comic book industry as a whole.
    but not Lee
    or Harras
    or Johns
    or Dianne Nelson when she was president

    Didio was not as all-powerful as you might think he was

    Also, I have been following the sales for years now. DC had one good year (not even a FULL year) of sales when the New 52 launched. Then they steadily dropped off with lower sales than they had before it.
    I agree with this but I think this is more of an industry wide concurence and not a result of bad management on DC specifically

    I also do not think Dan's removal will "save" the company. I do feel that their chances are a lot better. However, if you look at my previous post in this thread you will see that I very much believe this year or the next very well may be their last. This is me showing/venting my frustrations that a medium that has been around for nearly 90 (4 years short of it) has been brought to its figurative knees by a handful of individuals, who where given SEVERAL opportunities to turn things around.
    Its weird that the entire industry of comics has been in constant state of dieing since the 90s bauble burst. so 30 years now.
    Im joking but I do see what you mean, I disagree.

    My worst fears of all of this is that DC Comics will be more subservient of the Movie division and we will get more new talent from TV/Movie writers with no experience on Comics writing and will do far worse than Ric Grayson

  14. #359
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might want to double check on that because as far as I remember, DC didn’t fall back to Pre-Flashpoint sales until DCYou bombed.
    Tis Convergence that killed the New52 beast, IIRC.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  15. #360
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Yeah, not going back and forth on this.

    Things do not happen in a VACUM. In a established company the lights don't just turn off. I personally, would have never said that DC comics was on there way to closing shop in the 90's. But one thing is for certain whoever was preaching that gospel must have saw and identified the Creatives/Management who would and currently are leading DC to it's down fall. Because the a lot of the big wigs then are currently ones in charge now or are continually put on projects undeservingly.

    But whatever, people will believe what they want. We will see who was right in the end.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •