Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so where is DiDio going? Is he going to Marvel, Image, or setting up his own new publisher with some investors?
    I would guess retirement. He’s 60 years old and already a millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I would guess retirement. He’s 60 years old and already a millionaire.
    That's young to stop working.

That has been for decades the retirement age in France - hopefully, it'll become so again someday.

Also, apaprently, 5G won't change : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...aunch-october/

Spectacular Member

Heidi MacDonald from ComicsBeat corraborate BC report about Dan Didio departure:
    No matter how many times DiDio was promoted, he continued to micro-manage the DCU. I don’t think you’re going to be too shocked to learn that behind the scenes, planning for the 5G reboot/retcon/ultimate hypertime was incredibly stressful. DiDio started his own teaser roll outlast year with sneak peeks at wall charts, and hints on panels and leaks, familiar methods DiDio had used to tease previous crises. For the editorial staff, however, this was a series of constantly changing ideas, reassignments, and what turned into a hostile work environment. Although retailers may have fingered Scott Snyder as part of the coup, I’m told this was formal internal complaints that had reached a boiling point.
    In recent months, morale had plummeted even more amid frequent shake ups in responsibilites. were the increasingly frequent departures. Editor Pat McCallum, who had just been made head of the whole DCU, quit in a rather sudden fashion. (I’m told he went away for Thanksgiving and then just gave notice.) Most recently, Alex Antone quit, taking a job at Skybound.
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/crisis-on...risis-too-far/
    Last edited by JimmySpectre; 02-24-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That has been for decades the retirement age in France - hopefully, it'll become so again someday.

Also, apaprently, 5G won't change : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...aunch-october/
    It's probably too far along to change at this point. They may undercut it though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

I suppose that the only thing I really hope for in a Didio successor is someone that manages to ease all the division among DC's fans. It think it's more likely that we'll discover a surviving enclave of dinosaurs, but it's what I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I suppose that the only thing I really hope for in a Didio successor is someone that manages to ease all the division among DC's fans. It think it's more likely that we'll discover a surviving enclave of dinosaurs, but it's what I hope.
    It can't happen, period.

Not because some fans are stubborn or something. But because some of us are vehemently not fond of what others adhores, and we're all right about our tastes. I can't stand most of the pre-New 52 stuff, and even in Rebirth, it's mostly new characters or radical new takes on previous ones which resonates with me.

I'd be extremely pissed of if New 52 Wally West, Naomi, Jo Mullein, Honor Guest and the others NAoH characters were totally discarded like New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman were, for instance. Others are salivating at the prospect, and I can't accept it, even if I can understand why they do.

And I have zero reason to change my tastes or what I want out of DC, just like those others fans have no reason to change theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's probably too far along to change at this point. They may undercut it though.
    That's what I said. It takes months to make a comic, and longer still if you have to do a bunch of world building to figure out the premise and other things. 5G is likely too far along to stop. Even if DC put those plans on the shelf, they have nothing to replace it with. I don't know how far in advance DC has all of this of course, but it might be a "if we stop 5G from happening at all, we'll have nothing to put on the shelves for a couple months" situation.

I dont think 5G was going to last long anyway, even without all of this. Replacing everyone across the whole line in the direct market? It was never gonna fly. So I expect DC to run with it for a little bit just for a lack of other options. If this were supposed to be a long-term thing, sales would've sank and forced them to go back to normal within a year's time anyway, so I don't think much would change on our end regardless. Whether 5G is cut short by DC or by low sales, it'll look the same as far as our pull lists go.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Article is saying half a years worth of comics. That gets you to March of next year. I'm guessing they'll get a year with summer being the big event that puts everything back.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then again, Kimoyo Hoshi never appeared once in the New 52, Vibe hasn't been seen since Forever Evil, Vixen was put in a coma and didn't come back until Steve Orlando's Justice League of America and Aztek didn't show up until Rebirth. Pretty much the only poc that you mentioned that anything has been done with as of recent is Black Lightning in Outsiders.

In short, a reboot won't be any better for poc characters.
    Oh, Kimiyo Hoshi appeared... as Dr. Light's wife. Bit of a nasty shock when fans found out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, Kimiyo Hoshi appeared... as Dr. Light's wife. Bit of a nasty shock when fans found out.
    And people wonder why so many others really really hated New 52

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It can't happen, period.

Not because some fans are stubborn or something. But because some of us are vehemently not fond of what others adhores, and we're all right about our tastes. I can't stand most of the pre-New 52 stuff, and even in Rebirth, it's mostly new characters or radical new takes on previous ones which resonates with me.

I'd be extremely pissed of if New 52 Wally West, Naomi, Jo Mullein, Honor Guest and the others NAoH characters were totally discarded like New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman were, for instance. Others are salivating at the prospect, and I can't accept it, even if I can understand why they do.

And I have zero reason to change my tastes or what I want out of DC, just like those others fans have no reason to change theirs.
    I've said from the get go that New 52 should have been an Ultimates universe. That would have fixed a lot of fan fighting. If you want a universe where Lois and Clark are married? You can read the mainstream universe. Want a universe where Lois still doesn't know Clark is Superman? You can read the new universe. A younger Batman where Dick Grayson is still Robin and Nightwing doesn't exist? Read the new universe. Didio could have had his younger characters if he wanted them. He just chose not to. You could have even kept Wally as Flash in the main universe and had Barry in the new one. There were ways to do what he wanted to do without undercutting the characters people love. Instead he saw everything as some wrestling match where he'd rather play the "heel" instead of actually make money for the company.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then again, Kimoyo Hoshi never appeared once in the New 52, Vibe hasn't been seen since Forever Evil, Vixen was put in a coma and didn't come back until Steve Orlando's Justice League of America and Aztek didn't show up until Rebirth. Pretty much the only poc that you mentioned that anything has been done with as of recent is Black Lightning in Outsiders.

In short, a reboot won't be any better for poc characters.
    Nobody said the next hypothetical reboot would play out the same way as the last one (which wasn't good, as you listed). Especially with DiDio gone and maybe other people entirely in charge, it's not as accurate to say "won't" instead of "might not."

We also have examples of other continuities. YJ skipped over Garth and went right for Kaldur, and Steel debuted in the DCAU before the likes of Wonder Woman (and maybe even Supergirl), and in the New 52 he showed in Clark's first year. There is no rigid rule that the characters have to appear in the same order in every continuity, or at least there is a little more wiggle room with B and c listers who are not legacies. So nobody should expect it to be rigid for those reasons. There may be other reasons from the people in charge, but not that.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-24-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That's young to stop working.
    Not when you’re a millionaire. Reinventing yourself at the age of 60 is tough.