Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 753

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    244

    Default DC's Dan DiDio Out as Co-Publisher


  2. #2
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Cannot express how happy I am with this news.

  3. #3
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Welp, after Rebirth and his comments about Endgame, I say its time for fresh leadership.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    What does this mean for the future of the DC Universe?

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    What does this mean for the future of the DC Universe?
    Yeah I’m actually a tad intrigued but mildly concerned since it appeared that he was heading the big Generations story line we are getting soon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-of-dc-comics/

    Bleeding Cool has confirmed with a number of sources, inside and outside of DC Comics that Dan DiDio is gone. Rumour has it that this happened from high up at Warner Bros, and was a result of high staff turnover at DC of late, issues with editorial and publishing plans, and Dan being fingered as the man responsible. But that is, right now, nothing more than rumour.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    Good. Whilst not as bad as people make out he didnt help overall.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,415

    Default

    Holy **** end of an era here for real. This is absolutely massive. Didio has been responsible for some stuff I love and some stuff I hate but I wish him well and hope he finds better success elsewhere. Who the hell is going to take over for him? Will Harras be gone too? If I was doing a clean sweep I’d let him go as well.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Clark_Kent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smallville, KS
    Posts
    2,321

    Default

    Like with any creative endeavor, there comes a time when you are flat-out empty of new ideas. No one's fault, it's just the way it is with creating. Unfortunately, Didio ran out of ideas a very long time ago and (imo) hung onto Johns' coattails as tightly as he could.

    With Johns out, and the good will of Rebirth pretty much gone, I'm happy the change has been made. He seems like a freaking awesome dude to get a beer with and talk comics, but he shouldn't be running a comics company. I look forward to the future! It could be better, it could be worse, but it at least might be different.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

    Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

  10. #10
    Mind Controller Arnoldoaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Like with any creative endeavor, there comes a time when you are flat-out empty of new ideas. No one's fault, it's just the way it is with creating. Unfortunately, Didio ran out of ideas a very long time ago and (imo) hung onto Johns' coattails as tightly as he could.

    With Johns out, and the good will of Rebirth pretty much gone, I'm happy the change has been made. He seems like a freaking awesome dude to get a beer with and talk comics, but he shouldn't be running a comics company. I look forward to the future! It could be better, it could be worse, but it at least might be different.
    no info on it yet

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Waiting for news that he's been promoted to an even bigger position of power.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Welp, after Rebirth and his comments about Endgame, I say its time for fresh leadership.
    What did he say about Endgame?

    Does anyone know who's next in line?

    Oh wait he's co with Jim Lee
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-21-2020 at 03:15 PM.

  13. #13
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What did he say about Endgame?

    Does anyone know who's next in line?

    Oh wait he's co with Jim Lee

    "I went and explained to people why I hated Infinity War. The reason why I hated Infinity War was because they were doing comics better than comics were doing," DiDio told Collider at Comic-Con. "They were telling character stories. They had big epic adventure. They were doing emotional arcs for the characters. It was a real sense of continuity, crossover and creativity going on in a movie that we should have been doing in comics."

    And all I can say is, finally he is gone!

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    "I went and explained to people why I hated Infinity War. The reason why I hated Infinity War was because they were doing comics better than comics were doing," DiDio told Collider at Comic-Con. "They were telling character stories. They had big epic adventure. They were doing emotional arcs for the characters. It was a real sense of continuity, crossover and creativity going on in a movie that we should have been doing in comics."

    And all I can say is, finally he is gone!
    Oh that Endgame. I haven't watched any superhero movies since Captain America First Avengers so I can't say XD

  15. #15
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    the internet
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    "I went and explained to people why I hated Infinity War. The reason why I hated Infinity War was because they were doing comics better than comics were doing," DiDio told Collider at Comic-Con. "They were telling character stories. They had big epic adventure. They were doing emotional arcs for the characters. It was a real sense of continuity, crossover and creativity going on in a movie that we should have been doing in comics."
    he's right tho, I seriously doubt these comments would be a part of why he'd be ousted. if they in some reality where that were the case then ima be real, DC is even worse off then I thought. I've been waiting for DC to shake up it's leadership in the hope for better direction and vision, so im intrigued to see where this will lead to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    I didn't always agree with Dan Didio's decisions, but I will always support someone who is willing to take risks. And some of my favorite DC stories were released under his leadership. Thanks for everything, Dan, and good luck!

    P.S.: Whatever you do, Warner Bros, please keep Geoff Johns away from the publisher seat!
    my biggest fear
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-21-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas is the Midnight Sun of Gotham(respect thread)

    Martin to Malcolm: militant Professor X is kinda the wave right now

    DC: Batman & The Outsiders, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, The Flash, Justice League Odyssey, Far Sector, Red Hood/Outlaws

    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-Men (2019), Venom, X-Force, Hellions, Giant Sized X-Men

    Anticipated titles: anything from Milestone*, X of Swords

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •