Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Good riddance.

This is awesome news. DC may be making some progress now. Hopefully Geoff Johns will be gone as well.
    Johns has no power over the direction of DC. He’s not the guy stopping John Stewart from getting an ongoing, you guys gotta stop making him the boogeyman. Johns is basically contained to Shazam and Three Jokers and that’s it.

Honestly I’m just shocked because it feels so sudden. Like only like a week ago it was announced the whole Generations one-shots they will lead into 5G/Generation 5 based off the whole thing that Didio has been spear heading and then just out of no where today this happens.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well that's going to throw a spanner into the 5G works, isn't it? I get the feeling that won't be lasting long now.

When Alonso left Marvel, the Marvel Legacy initiative quickly got killed off. It'll surely be the same at DC, the new guy in charge will have their own plans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hallelujah! The end of an era that saw my DC fandom die under his direction. Now hopefully they can get leadership that will embrace more of DC’s great characters and not just the ones they grew up with.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Holy crap. This is amazing. Never thought this day would come. Long overdue.

The future is bright.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Whatever reshuffling may occur down the line, just give me Jurgens as editor and big bopper of the Superman offices and I'll be happy!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

The end of an era, for good or for ill.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Eh....realist opinion incoming...you been warned...

While I do feel this is outstanding news for DC... I also feel that I/we shouldn't pop any champaign bottles just yet. For one DC Comics (and the Mainstream comic industry in general) is floundering based on sales numbers and other factors. With AT&T now at the head of the ship we may be getting a DC Universe that we like or enjoy. At the same time a new "leader" who is worse than Dan, this person very well may attempt to course correct to bring in sales to literally save the comic division essentially from itself but in the end create a large mess. Best hope is we get someone who actually loves DC Comics and DC Characters. A established Veteran in the industry.

If DC is still planning to move forward with that "5G" idea even with Dan DiDio out of the way then nothing has changed and the division itself will have done nothing more then fallen face first in it's on end.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-21-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

First time in nearly twenty years that DC will be without Dan Didio. Goodness knows what the change portends.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I don't wanna celebrate until I know what comes next but...so far this is shaping up to be a good Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Eh....realist opinion incoming...you been warned...

While I do feel this is outstanding news for DC... I also feel that I/we shouldn't pop any champaign bottles just yet. For one DC Comics (and the Mainstream comic industry in general) is floundering based on sales numbers and other factors. With AT&T now at the head of the ship we maybe getting a DC Universe that is not one we may like or a new "leader" who is worse in attempt course correct or bring in sales to literally save the comic division essentially from itself.

If DC is still planning to move forward with that "5G" idea even with Dan DiDio out of the way then nothing has changed and the division will itself will have done nothing more then fallen face first in it's on end.
    I don't know about AT&T micromanaging DC, but I agree on a lot depends on who steps in to take DiDio's place. And true, 5G could still happen, but right now, it very well could get derailed now. Not to mention the current direction of the comics as a whole.

...This is big news.

Incredible Member

Not necessarily a cause for celebration yet.

necessarily

Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Good riddance.

This is awesome news. DC may be making some progress now. Hopefully Geoff Johns will be gone as well.
    Johns has been gone from a position of power for over a year. He finished Doomsday Clock and is (occasionally) writing Shaxam as a freelancer.

I just hope 5G won't be killed because of it, or that whoever takes charges of DC won't be one of those guys who will be a Nostalgia Fanatics of the pre-New 52 era and trash everything which came to be since 2011. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to stop reading DC... And comics generally speaking, since I don't read others.