Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

At&t are going turn the comics in to the movie versions aren't they ?

Bye, Felicia. Was never really a fan of where Didio led DC.

Mighty Member

It'll be interesting to see how specifically this affects 5G short term. I imagine it affects it greatly long term, but it'll be on Jurgens, Bendis, or whoever else to still make it a worthwhile story even if it doesn't have as much import to the line overall.

At a guess, I'd imagine whoever Warner brings in will be given a mandate to simplify the Justice League (more Morrison/Waid than Johns/Snyder one event to another), expand the Bat-universe of titles while also going back to basics (Robin in a Batman title, Nightwing as Nightwing, less antagonism in the group, etc.), get top creative teams on Wonder Woman (movie), Batwoman (tv) and Supergirl (tv) to have some corporate synergy, and try to hire away someone from Marvel's Collected line to help strategize a compelling version of the Epic Collections line (these are all sales-forward ideas - Batman is the biggest seller and the three female media properties are the best thing they have going other than Harley).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I didn't always agree with Dan Didio's decisions, but I will always support someone who is willing to take risks. And some of my favorite DC stories were released under his leadership. Thanks for everything, Dan, and good luck!

P.S.: Whatever you do, Warner Bros, please keep Geoff Johns away from the publisher seat!
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    well, we still dont know if he was can but it was not only his plans, there are many writers and editors involved.
    I think its a little too late to a change of direction, but not too late for a change of implementation.

What I mean by this is that 5g most likely will happen but definitely will not be the same 5g that Didio had in mind.

Now I might be wrong and DC's new leadership could pivot to a completely different direction but this course of action makes sense to me.

I was thinking this as well
    Bendis might rise even higher in the vacuum of power
    That would be horrifying. He already has too much influence as it is.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

How many months before we notice any differences, for better or worse?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what we heard, WB corporate was in favor of 5G or at least some elements that led to 5G, so that might still be in the cards.
    Yeah, but they could just change it so that instead of us getting new legacy heroes as DiDio was planning, the pre-Flashpoint and current continuities just get merged. So Bruce Wayne stays as Batman, Clark Kent is still Superman, etc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what we heard, WB corporate was in favor of 5G or at least some elements that led to 5G, so that might still be in the cards.
    I am sorry to see Dan go...While I certainly disagreed with many of his decisions he was someone who knew and loved DC and he really seemed to strive to expand readership for comics in different venues.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

is Bendis really that high? I mean he writes a lot of books but I don't know if the direction is his or DC

Astonishing Member

Hopefully, DC will start looking for new writing talent if the rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but they could just change it so that instead of us getting new legacy heroes as DiDio was planning, the pre-Flashpoint and current continuities just get merged. So Bruce Wayne stays as Batman, Clark Kent is still Superman, etc.
    Im thinking this aswell
    when I heard that DC was planning on replacing BW as Batman practically on the same year that a new Batman movie is in production I though "that doest makes sense"

now Wonder Woman being retconned as starting her career on WWI
    now that makes sense

stuff like that could be the disagreements that WB had with Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    is Bendis really that high? I mean he writes a lot of books but I don't know if the direction is his or DC
    oh, its definitely his direction.
    I cannot imagine anyone strongarming him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope 5G won't be killed because of it, or that whoever takes charges of DC won't be one of those guys who will be a Nostalgia Fanatics of the pre-New 52 era and trash everything which came to be since 2011. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to stop reading DC... And comics generally speaking, since I don't read others.
    Well whoever it is, it's fair to say they would still be "nostalgia fanatics" no matter the era. After all if they grew up with 90s DC, that would be nostalgia too wouldn't it. I often see people use the phrase "pet favorite" in reference to which characters are being pushed, when any creator, whether they have editorial control or not, has "pet favorites" from the particular era they grew up in. "Nostalgia" is always going to be a driving factor in executive decision making, whether the person in charge grew up in the 60s or the 90s.

Anyway, they must like Lee since he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    At&t are going turn the comics in to the movie versions aren't they ?
    Doubt it. WW and Aquaman have been the only really big successes. They sure as hell aren’t going to copy DCEU Superman or Batman lol.

Also I kind of doubt Bendis will be taking over. Didio is the one who brought him over in the first place, and Bendis has not at all been a star sales wise. If anything I think his influence might be reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Hopefully, DC will start looking for new writing talent if the rumors are true.
    Seriously. Lee and Didio have been absolutely awful at recruiting new talent. It’s time for new blood with new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    Im thinking this aswell
    when I heard that DC was planning on replacing BW as Batman practically on the same year that a new Batman movie is in production I though "that doest makes sense"

now Wonder Woman being retconned as starting her career on WWI
    now that makes sense

stuff like that could be the disagreements that WB had with Didio.
    That's be horrible. What's the point of a 60+ years timeline if you don't age your heroes to replace them ?

How will it help anyone but the bigger names, and the others will be returned to either limbo, obscurity or irrelevance because their mentors are still there, overshadowing them ?