Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    It looks like that's the only official statement we're going to get. And as for 5G, "Intention not to do a line-wide reboot." Rumors at Bleeding Cool that 5G is being retooled in (what sounds like, but who the heck knows at this point) a more fan-friendly direction.

I just... don't want to to stress about this any more. Last Sunday was an awful surprise that descended into panic that DC comics might go away. This Sunday it's the distant rumbling of a counter-revolution. Facts not known, but maybe it's going to be all right? In Jim Lee we trust? I spend all week worrying about serious things, Sundays are supposed to be about comic book fun. Hopefully this thing has worked itself out now.
    By next Sunday DC will be an arm of Disney.
    Assassinate Putin!

Wasn't Jim Lee behind trying to retcon in all the Wildstorm characters with the New 52? Maybe he'll try that again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't Jim Lee behind trying to retcon in all the Wildstorm characters with the New 52? Maybe he'll try that again at some point.
    spoilers:
    If by at some point you mean this week then yes, because at c2e2 apparently they showed off flash #750 early and Wally saw the Wildstorm universe mixed in with the rest of DC history/continuity.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, spoilers:
    apparently WildCATS is canon now. But so are contradictory things like New 52 Teen Titans. Are there two Kon-Els now or what?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The answer is "Hypertime."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, spoilers:
    apparently WildCATS is canon now. But so are contradictory things like New 52 Teen Titans. Are there two Kon-Els now or what?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not just WildCATS, you look in the background of that shot you can see Caitlin Fairchild as well. As for the New 52 Teen Titans, not sure how that works really I've always kind of been unsure if the characters we have now stemmed from the New 52 and have just shifted back into place, certainly no one in Young Justice brings up to Bart "hey isn't crazy that there was a guy named Bar-torr who we worked with for a while who was also a speedster from the future but he was a wanted fugitive" or to Conner "hey we hung out with you, but you were in a tron suit, and then you got replaced by an evil version of superman's son." But then again, maybe its better some things are forgotten.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Seems like the setup for a new crisis to me. Continuity is so broken that it will implode or something if it isn't fixed. Wasn't the multiverse already dying? I remember that from Justice League.

Seems like the setup for a new crisis to me. Continuity is so broken that it will implode or something if it isn't fixed. Wasn't the multiverse already dying? I remember that from Justice League.
    I get where you are coming from. I've heard others use the term "Clutter Earth" before. Wonder what they'll use now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    Not just WildCATS, you look in the background of that shot you can see Caitlin Fairchild as well. As for the New 52 Teen Titans, not sure how that works really I've always kind of been unsure if the characters we have now stemmed from the New 52 and have just shifted back into place, certainly no one in Young Justice brings up to Bart "hey isn't crazy that there was a guy named Bar-torr who we worked with for a while who was also a speedster from the future but he was a wanted fugitive" or to Conner "hey we hung out with you, but you were in a tron suit, and then you got replaced by an evil version of superman's son." But then again, maybe its better some things are forgotten.
    end of spoilers
    You know, it's possible Wally was just seeing into the multiverse. Or the previous continuities.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    You know, it's possible Wally was just seeing into the multiverse. Or the previous continuities.
    I hope so, I’ll be honest that I don’t want Bar-torr back. I’m very happy now that the real Bart is back.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because that tends to be the group who keeps throwing all these fits and at times attacking creators and other fans. And some have chased folks out of stores over it-ask the Inhumans fans about that.

Excluding Ms Marvel and MAYBE Miles-most new folks are introduced in established books.
    Then they get a mini or solo or team book.

Popping up new folks does cost money. Not everyone watches those Comic Pop or whoever.

First DC has to ALLOW you to use that person and that is the issue.

It's why you have Curtis Holt and not Michael Holt on Arrow.

Also not every character's endgame is to be on tv or in a movie. For many that happened WAY later.
    Hmmm stereotyping based on a characteristic.... interesting logic...

Incredible Member

It looks like that's the only official statement we're going to get. And as for 5G, "Intention not to do a line-wide reboot." Rumors at Bleeding Cool that 5G is being retooled in (what sounds like, but who the heck knows at this point) a more fan-friendly direction.

I just... don't want to to stress about this any more. Last Sunday was an awful surprise that descended into panic that DC comics might go away. This Sunday it's the distant rumbling of a counter-revolution. Facts not known, but maybe it's going to be all right? In Jim Lee we trust? I spend all week worrying about serious things, Sundays are supposed to be about comic book fun. Hopefully this thing has worked itself out now.
    There was never anything to work out. DC Comics wasn't in any danger and still wouldn't be if Jim Lee walked under a bus.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

No offense to Jim lee, but that's oddly reassuring. Thanks, Rich Johnston.

It's just a change in publisher. Nothing to get too worked up about.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Yeah, from what I could tell of the preview it's just Wally looking at the metaverse. Or hypertime. Seems to largely be the same thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s the one who got Yang to do New Super-Man so he does seem committed to diversity. Otherwise I don’t know if we’ve ever really broken down what DC has down that can be attributed to Lee’s ideas.
    If that's true, let's do that again. New Super-man and the Justice League of China it was setting up was so cool.