Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Lol. That was actually me being facetious. Not many people actually cared about the discrepancy. And if there were any people who were upset, it was actually more likely that they were comic book fans who wanted the original line-up from the comics to be the one in the first movie. That's how it always is: comic fans want the movie to be like the comic. It's rarely, if ever, the other way around.
    lol huh!!? All I wanted to know whether you were aware that it ever happened. My discussion didn't really have anything to speculate on how much fans that felt that way. So you don't know if it ever happened before to at least a single person?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    lol huh!!? All I wanted to know whether you were aware that it ever happened. My discussion didn't really have anything to speculate on how much fans that felt that way. So you don't know if it ever happened before to at least a single person?
    Lol, no I'm not. I doubt many cared because, for one, I don't think many people actually got into comics because of the MCU. And secondly, I don't think it was something that really impaired the enjoyment of the ones who did.

Mighty Member

So what does this mean for dc comics

Dan Didio has a new job. Writer for image!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ex-d...-image-comics/

BANNED

Maybe he can create his own homages of Wally and Dick and torture them when he becomes editor of Image.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Dan Didio has a new job. Writer for image!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ex-d...-image-comics/
    Well, the article just says he's writing an introduction for Orlando's Commaders in Crisis (which I am totally gonna grab), not that he's writing comics for Image now.

Unless I missed something? BC has so many ads now you can't even see their page.

But if Didio is writing for Image, good for him! I enjoyed his OMAC in the New52, and I'm sure he did at least one other book I thought wasn't too bad. I know he wrote some issues of Superboy way back in the day and I don't recall hating them (though I don't really remember them either). I'd be willing to read a book by him. I didn't like some of the stuff he did with the business, but that's a very different thing than writing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, the article just says he's writing an introduction for Orlando's Commaders in Crisis (which I am totally gonna grab), not that he's writing comics for Image now.

Unless I missed something? BC has so many ads now you can't even see their page.

But if Didio is writing for Image, good for him! I enjoyed his OMAC in the New52, and I'm sure he did at least one other book I thought wasn't too bad. I know he wrote some issues of Superboy way back in the day and I don't recall hating them (though I don't really remember them either). I'd be willing to read a book by him. I didn't like some of the stuff he did with the business, but that's a very different thing than writing.
    He also wrote Sideways, which was great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He also wrote Sideways, which was great.
    That It was. Really hope Sideways pops up on a Teen Titan book in the future.

I remember he also did Metal Men, Phantom Stranger, Outsiders (Before the New 52). Out of those, only Metal Men was decent.

Didio was hit or miss as a writer. He did really well with obscure properties. I just felt he was at DC too long and became a one trick pony in trying to reboot everything the moment sales went south.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    That It was. Really hope Sideways pops up on a Teen Titan book in the future.

I remember he also did Metal Men, Phantom Stranger, Outsiders (Before the New 52). Out of those, only Metal Men was decent.

Didio was hit or miss as a writer. He did really well with obscure properties. I just felt he was at DC too long and became a one trick pony in trying to reboot everything the moment sales went south.
    IIRC, his claim to fame before getting the gig at DC was a cartoon titled Reboot.
    So, it does seem fitting that reboots would be his thing.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    IIRC, his claim to fame before getting the gig at DC was a cartoon titled Reboot.
    So, it does seem fitting that reboots would be his thing.
    I do remember Reboot. Was good for its time, but rough now lol.

I wish him well and hopefully he finds his feet elsewhere. I just feel it was well past his time to move on. DC needed fresh voices and a change at the top. Didn't want mass lay-offs though. Guess that is to be expected in the current climate.

An interview with Janelle Asselin in which she discusses her time at DC under Didio's tenure:

I do think the culture at DC when I was there was toxic in a lot of ways. Didio would get so angry he would throw things and shout and slam doors – the door frame to his co-publisher office had a crack around it because he’d slammed it so many times. I once saw him throw lettering copy at an associate editor in a rage. He threw his office phone to the ground once and then was so angry about it being broken that you could hear him bellowing for his assistant down the hall to get him a new phone.

One of my favorite personal Didio stories is that we were doing Batman and Detective Comics annuals and Mike Marts, my boss, had allowed me to edit a two page story in each featuring the first published version of Dustin Nguyen’s Lil Gotham stuff. Nguyen had been doing those drawings on his own for a while and we really liked them but never had a place for them, until these annuals came along.

Anyway, Didio found out we were putting “kiddy ****” in mainstream Batman comics, and he lost his mind. Someone, I don’t remember who, popped into my office and told me that Dan was furious upon seeing the lettering and that he was going to come down to scream at me. Marts told me to leave for the day (it was already like 5 anyway) and that he would handle it, so I scampered. Marts got the brunt of the ranting and screaming that was meant for me. I felt guilty but also relieved, you know? I don’t hold up well under screaming.

And of course, a few years later, they published longer form Lil Gotham stuff to great critical praise which made me laugh.

My other favorite personal Didio story is the time I tried to hire Jamal Igle to draw Birds of Prey while Gail Simone was writing it. Igle had done some fantastic character sketches and Simone and I were super excited to work with him on it. I’d gone through the proper channels to get the hiring approved, including Marts clearing it with Didio, but apparently it hadn’t registered until someone had a problem with the hiring that they took to Didio.

Didio called me to his office to tell me I needed to fire Igle and hire someone with a different style. To explain what he wanted, he started miming with his hands large breasts in front of his chest. I said to him, Dan, please stop making those gestures, to which he responded “what?! I’m Italian!” as if that made it okay?
    http://www.tcj.com/2020-report-day-d...-interviews/3/

BANNED

Funny guy.

As a Nightwing and Wally West fan, I disliked Dan DiDio, as a human being reading what he was like, I hate him more.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Didio called me to his office to tell me I needed to fire Igle and hire someone with a different style. To explain what he wanted, he started miming with his hands large breasts in front of his chest. I said to him, Dan, please stop making those gestures, to which he responded “what?! I’m Italian!” as if that made it okay?
    ... What?
    And since when is Didio Italian?
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

BANNED

He is italian.