Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
Why do you assume that we are out of Rebirth? I don't remember any Crises that have definitely marked the end of the Rebirth continuity the way Rebirth definitely marked the end of New 52 continuity. The only storyline that might fit that bill would be Doomsday Clock, but that was always billed as the culmination of Rebirth.

And if we're looking at things from a creative standpoint at DC, then no, New 52 was definitely NOT successful. Creators ran for the hills during that era and it alienated a lot of people from working at DC. It was a hard time to be a DC fan indeed.

There are people believe that an era is only indicated when there's a logo slapped on a title. So there are some who believe the Rebirth Era is already over and that we're in a purgatory state until 5g appears. I do believe that we're still in the Rebirth Era, though it still would end by around this October when 5g appears.

And we'll have to agree to disagree from the creative stand point. Some execution of certain books were flawed for certain, but the New 52 also helped issue the much needed dose of diversity into the industry, though it was Marvel who truly capitalize on that effort that DC first started. So to clarify, new 52 was a hard time for many "classic fans" for certain. Because a lot of what they valued was not represented in new 52. But for me, it's was my favorite time for DC. I'm hoping that 5g initiate that spark that I lost when Rebirth came into place.