All-New Member

Exclamation Flash # 123 (CGC Graded 8.0) ($3,200) - Should I buy ?

To Whom It May Concern,

I have an opportunity to purchase (Flash # 123) CGC 8.0 - purchase price ($3,200)

Yes, I am aware that it is overpriced by maybe ($600) or so ? - But not sure if I may come across this grade & issue for this price ?

Not sure if the value may rise & my chances of this type of purchase are REALLY out of my reach ?

Thoughts . . . . .

- I could really use some help / opinion(s), it is greatly appreciated

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Too late, I just bought it.

So I guess no, you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ALMO3606 View Post
    To Whom It May Concern,

I have an opportunity to purchase (Flash # 123) CGC 8.0 - purchase price ($3,200)

Yes, I am aware that it is overpriced by maybe ($600) or so ? - But not sure if I may come across this grade & issue for this price ?

Not sure if the value may rise & my chances of this type of purchase are REALLY out of my reach ?

Thoughts . . . . .

- I could really use some help / opinion(s), it is greatly appreciated
    If you can afford it and want it, go ahead and buy it...
    As for it’s true value... well it’s what you or somebody else is prepared to pay for it.
    Long gone are the days when the Overstreet price guide was the bible that valuations were strictly graded to... these days eBay sets the true valuation.

Chances are that it appreciates in value. Can't see one of the most important Flash comics of all time depreciating any time soon. However, how much it appreciates and when it does so are up for debate.

if you got the bread, sure I guess. why anyone would pay several thousand dollars for a paper product made for less than 10 and original sold for pocket change is beyond me. to be fair though, I'm not really a comic book fan, maybe I lack the vision.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Chances are that it appreciates in value. Can't see one of the most important Flash comics of all time depreciating any time soon. However, how much it appreciates and when it does so are up for debate.
    Yeah this sort of comic at worst will hold its value, but will probably increase over time... but how much it increases and over what timescale is impossible to tell.
    A future problem could also be, if it’s to be sold for a profit, then getting someone to buy it... Top end collectibles like Superman or Batman number 1’s will always sell quite easily, but mid range ones like Flash 123 aren’t so attractive.
    I’d advise, if you’re buying this sort of comic with a future profit in mind, don’t bother... if it’s being bought as a collectible then ok.