Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action Comics Issue #1020 preview

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Is Naomi a permenant young justice member now? Haven't kept up with the book..

Romita keeps getting worse.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Oof...that Romita Jr. art .

It's weird to see characters treating the Hall of Justice like a big deal when it's only been around in-universe for...what, maybe a year from their perspectives? Even accounting for 5G and the extended timeline, maybe?

Bendis is even using messy continuity as a plot point .

Yeah, that art is AWFUL.

And yes, all of the Wonder Comics characters (Naomi, Wonder Twins and Miguel and Summer from Dial H for Hero) have joined the team. Naomi joined as soon as the team got back to the main universe, the others joined so soon after that that this must be set that same day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've only seen the previews but it's actually looking good to me. Although I'm not enthused about the YJ crossover if the best they have is Naomi and recognizing Tim.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love JRjr's art. He's rocking it here.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-22-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that art is AWFUL.

And yes, all of the Wonder Comics characters (Naomi, Wonder Twins and Miguel and Summer from Dial H for Hero) have joined the team. Naomi joined as soon as the team got back to the main universe, the others joined so soon after that that this must be set that same day.
    Interesting, and yeah, art is what it is at this point. Just have to keep suffering, since based on solicits, romita is staying even after this arc.

It's funny... I think the close-up shots aren't bad. I'd even say they're good. It's the wide shots I can't stand (like the first panel).

Maybe needs a different inker, or something?
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I actually like that art in the preview. If there’s one thing Romita Jr does well it’s conveying action.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Which makes it weird that he works with Bendis so often. Janson seems to mirror reliability and loyalty, but I've always wished that Romita stuck to Dan Green instead.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That art is RUFF, especially on the first image
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This book's art is going to sink it. Along with Bendis's leviathan nonsense.

Honestly I don’t hate the Leviathan idea when he’s actually doing stuff, like teaming up with Luthor and the Legion of Doom to attack Superman. That seems interesting, and honestly some of the build up in action comics to Leviathan was interesting to me...it’s when we actually got to Leviathan and Bendis spinned his wheels and wasted six issues on a mystery that I’ll be honest made no sense nor made me understand his motivation or any real set up for Shaw to be the bad guy plus I didn’t know Shaw even existed so I had to go look him up because I only knew Kate Spencer Manhunter. Heck after the event I still don’t really know what Shaw’s end goal is here besides he’s mad at Superman and all the dc heroes who got in his way.

So yeah decent idea, terrible execution is what I’d say about Leviathan. I think if someone besides Bendis was writing it that it would be neat, even in something like Suicide Squad or whatever.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-22-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.