Default Rank the Terminator movies after T2

I think Salvation at least tried something new, but the actual plot wasn't handled well and such theme is not new to ppl.

The other 3 were simply copypaste from the first 2 with minor change and always comes with retcon.

T3 was decent but surely a disappointment following T2. Genisys was similar but turning John into the villain and spoil in the trailer was MEH. Dark Fate killed John from the beginning was also a big NO to me. The new cast didn't hold up.

Ok. Best to worse (after T2) not counting T:TSCC?

G
    S
    DF

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Ok. Best to worse (after T2) not counting T:TSCC?

G
    S
    DF
    It's hard to compare a TV series to movies.

TX is the best new villain robot to me after T2.

Lightbulb

IMHO, Best to worst (not counting the Sarah Connor Chronicles which would smoke them all) -

Terminator 3
    Terminator Genisys
    Terminator Salvation

and last and certainly least

Terminator Dark Fate
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-21-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    It's hard to compare a TV series to movies.
    Meh. I think its on a case-by-case basis. If I was counting it, it would be the new #1, above T3. It basically took the concepts of T1 and T2 and went into some interesting directions with it. I still want to know what the T-1001's masterplan was.

TX is the best new villain robot to me after T2.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    IMHO, Best to worse (not counting the Sarah Connor Chronicles which would smoke them all) -

Terminator 3
    Terminator Genisys
    Terminator Salvation

and last and certainly least

Terminator Dark Fate
    Hey we ranked it the same! Genisys was fun from the beginning until they killed the T-1000. Then it goes to ok if you try to get past making John Connor the bad guy.

Salvation...still haunted by the original script. What we actually get...kinda cool but not re-watch worthy.

Hey we ranked it the same! Genisys was fun from the beginning until they killed the T-1000. Then it goes to ok if you try to get past making John Connor the bad guy.

Salvation...still haunted by the original script. What we actually get...kinda cool but not re-watch worthy.
    Yeah, lol, we did.

I get so angry when people tell me I'm "sexist" because I didn't like Dark Fate. I'm like people please, the Sarah Connor Chronicles are my third favorite piece of Terminator media (after T2 and T1) because of Sarah and Cameron more so than John.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, lol, we did.

I get so angry when people tell me I'm "sexist" because I didn't like Dark Fate. I'm like people please, the Sarah Connor Chronicles are my third favorite piece of Terminator media (after T2 and T1) because of Sarah and Cameron more so than John.
    I so want a third season of TSCC...it did so many things right. Cameron was awesome. Still love the elevator fight to this day.

I so want a third season of TSCC...it did so many things right. Cameron was awesome. Still love the elevator fight to this day.

Thanks for the clip, aw memories.

It was nice to see different variants of Terminators throughout the show's brief yet memorable run. Cromartie was my favorite villainous Terminator of the bunch, by far. He wasn't just hero fooder like most infiltrators are but was also memorable in his own right.

Genisys

I think all sequels succeeding 2 are completely pointless and avoidable, but I watched that one cause the idea of turning John Connor to a Terminator and making him hunt his parents got me interested in the movie.
    I did not regret watching it once, and haven't tried watching it again.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member

Salvation
    Dark Fate
    Genisys

And Sarah Connor Chronicles was superior to all of them

T2 was most certainly going to be a failure after T2, but compared to the others, it's not a bad action flick. At the very least, i was never once bored with it, and the movie moved pretty swiftly.

Im gonna go with:

DF (at the very least, even though this is yet another timeline with our heroes, at least we're seeing them fight a different machine god other than Skynet)
    Salvation
    Genisys

Astonishing Member

Genisys
    Dark Fate
    Terminator 3
    Salvation